Welcome To aBlackWeb

Peacock Fight Night: The Million Dollar Heist

Added to Calendar: 09-05-24

Just ran the first two episodes over some and it’s good doodz.

There are these strange tells with Black directors that let ya know this was made in Harlem, like the women’s asses being intimidatingly thick or the Baby Boy callbacks, though it would’ve been interesting to see one of them super experimental niggas like Baz Luhrman or Peele would do with this..This is very by the numbers, very Antoine Fuqua. Interesting heist story with a setting that isn’t New York, Chicago or LA in the 70’s, especially with the whole rebranding Atlanta thing nowadays.

All in all I’m enjoying and will continue watching I give it an 8 and then take it down to a 7 because

They got Samuel Jackson, Don Cheadle, Queen Goddess Taraji and some mo niggas but then got Blair Underwood and told him “do your best Don Lemon impression” hearing that, the nigga Blair Underwood did the Max Payne 1 face

Sam-Lake-Max-Payne-face-feat..jpg

And they credited that role as depicting Muhammad Ali. If Will Smith happened by the filming high off a Slimfast he woulda smacked Tekken sparks off that miscast, the director and a miscellaneous Chinese nigga on the set for playing like that.

Caught ep1 last night

Bootleg ass Ali. Dont look shit like him. I see the Bookeem comparison. I didnt expect Ali to be such a major player in the series. He is not him.

Kevin Hart just needa stop acting in general unless he in a slapstick comedy playing a version of himself. I dnt buy him ever.

Def didnt need a Kevin Hart nude scene either. His bare ass better not pop up again in this.

Don Cheadle & Taraji in a period piece givin me flashbacks to "Talk To Me" love that movie

Back