Welcome To aBlackWeb

FIBA/International Basketball Discussion

The Australian Boomers have secured a dramatic comeback win with Patty Mills hitting a game-winning 3-pointer to steal a 87-84 win over Argentina in their opening exhibition.

It came after Team USA suffered a shock loss to Nigeria but the Aussies made sure to step up when it mattered. The scores were level at 84-all with just 2.5 seconds remaining off the clock before Mills launched from deep and nailed the buzzer beater to seal a stunning victory. He topped the scoring for the Boomers with 17 points while Joe Ingles had 16

The big revelation of the game was Matisse Thybulle, with the Philadelphia 76ers guard adding 15 points, four steals and three blocks on debut.

He also iced all three of his shots from downtown.

Argentina was led by Luis Scola who scored 25 points and had eight rebounds while Facundo Campazzo and Luca Vildoza also managed to hit double figures.

The Boomers were trailing 47-42 at halftime and that deficit ballooned out to double digits after a fast start from Argentina in the third.

The Aussies though went on an 18-4 run to close the quarter and take a 62-59 lead into the final period.

Lol I like this Nigerian team and I’ll make a bold proclamation that they will medal at the Olympics

also always liked Josh Okogie

thats a seriously bold prediction!

If you really have that much faith you should bet on them to medal. I bet odds are great to make a good chunk of money.

I’m not even being facetious or trying to clown. I’m sure a small bet could win a lot.

thats a seriously bold prediction!

If you really have that much faith you should bet on them to medal. I bet odds are great to make a good chunk of money.

I’m not even being facetious or trying to clown. I’m sure a small bet could win a lot.
I’m not a degenerate so I even didn’t think about it lol

what other team has this much NBA level talent besides USA though?

team is incredibly tough defensively and athletic

Back