Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fathers, Is There A Cut Off Age/Limit For Showing Affection To Your Sons?

C'mon b

You made these things up. Who you think in this thread or on this site suggesting to do these types of things?
The question was : IS THERE A CUTOFF AGE FOR SHOWING AFFECTION TO YOUR SON?

People on this site were saying “NEVER”.

I simply said that it depends on what you mean by “affection” and then proceeded to give examples where I would draw the line.

I never implied that anybody on this site might engage in that behavior.

But, you never know.

The question was : IS THERE A CUTOFF AGE FOR SHOWING AFFECTION TO YOUR SON?

People on this site were saying “NEVER”.

I simply said that it depends on what you mean by “affection” and then proceeded to give examples where I would draw the line.

I never implied that anybody on this site might engage in that behavior.

But, you never know.
understood

i thought it went without saying but thank you for your clarity

My son 8. My son get mad when I give him a kiss on the forehead lol.

Certain age you don’t need to be sitting on laps and shit laying in beds with your daughter.

I still kiss my 9 year old son on the forehead, and that kid gets in fights all the damn time.

Showing boys affection does not make them soft. Either they are or they not. You can't make your kid anything.

@AP21

See what I mean?

@DOS_patos doesn’t see anything wrong with a father lying in bed with his daughter....

.... No matter the age.
My nigga,
She's my daughter.

If she's comfortable, so am I.

Why would I push her away?

Plenty of times she used to come cuddle with me because she was upset or wanted to talk. Kinda father would I be to say she's too big to come to the place she feels safest and most vulnerable? Only she makes that decision of when it stops.

My nigga,
She's my daughter.

If she's comfortable, so am I.

Why would I push her away?

Plenty of times she used to come cuddle with me because she was upset or wanted to talk. Kinda father would I be to say she's too big to come to the place she feels safest and most vulnerable? Only she makes that decision of when it stops.
Embracing your daughter when she needs a shoulder to cry on is one thing.....

This thread is about displays of AFFECTION and if fathers should have a cutoff age for that type of thing.

If you don’t find anything odd about a father lying in bed, ”cuddling” , kissing and playing with his 19 year old daughter...

... Then we might be cut from a different cloth.

19 MONTH old daughter is one thing, but 19 YEAR old?

You gotta understand that things sometimes have to change as we get older.

You ain’t gonna be giving your grown ass daughter a bath are you?

Case by case basis & depends on the relationship with the child. My sons don’t lay with me and shit like they did when they were little. Every now and then if they having some problems. I would never not let my sons hug me tho. I hug my dad.

This thread is about displays of AFFECTION and if fathers should have a cutoff age for that type of thing.

If you don’t find anything odd about a father lying in bed, ”cuddling” , kissing and playing with his 19 year old daughter...

See ......You going past the place.

If my daughter is crying on my chest ...And I kiss her on the head, what's the issue?

If we having a pillow fight....What's the issue?

Bruh...

See ......You going past the place.

If my daughter is crying on my chest ...And I kiss her on the head, what's the issue?

If we having a pillow fight....What's the issue?

Bruh...
There ain’t no issue with that.

My son 8. My son get mad when I give him a kiss on the forehead lol.

Certain age you don’t need to be sitting on laps and shit laying in beds with your daughter.

You questioning @Dwayne comment is the issue.

You going to a whole other discussion than what this thread is about

Back