Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fathers, Is There A Cut Off Age/Limit For Showing Affection To Your Sons?

There shouldn't be a cutoff for showing affection to your child. That said some displays of affection probably shouldn't be done. I mean, I only have daughters, so it's a little different, but even with them, I can't see them sitting in my lap the way they do now when they are late teens. That just seems weird to me.

Crazy this thread is made. I realized yesterday since I recovered from Covid I ain’t hugged my dad in months. Drove over his crib specifically just to tell him I loved him and gave him a hug. Tell my son all the time he’s gonna be my baby even when he’s grown and to expect dad hugs all the time.

To address the Question. NO . Now to the pic. That's Smokie Norful The Gospel singer/pastor. Super cool Brother. there's nothing wrong in that pic. I have 5 sons the oldest is 40 the youngest is 27. one son is 6'6" 325, the oldest is 6'2' 275 and the Baby boy is 6'0 190. I wish one of them big mother fuckers would come try to lay on me kick the piss out of them. but I tell and show them I love them all the time. I didn't lay on my dad shit just didn't feel right., but I did lay on my mom when I was in my thirties. This is a needy generation of soft boys/men. I didn't need all that. I knew my dad loved me because he showed me love and he sometimes told me. I didn't need or want to be hugging on my dad kissing on him. we dapped, shook hands, Man shit.

Yeah didn't need my dad to tell me love me. Or needed hugs from him regularly. His actions spoke for him. Moreso when he ended up becoming a widower and single parent.

There should never be a cut off period to show love to your sons. Now if we talmbout the KIND of affection types...then you can make a good arguement about that. A handshake and a hug suffice wit me and my dad. We grown men. Never did that kissin on the cheek stuff wit him when I was a kid. But that's just me and how I was raised.

I don't think any type of affection is weird.

Your kids grow with innocence and we as adults place guilt on things.

Now things may have to change because of growth. But it should never be weird with your child.

Fatherless

he still need to heal
Fuck outta here with your bullshit narrative. One of the few black boys in the hood that grew up in a two parent home. Some of yalls sons gone come home with a switch the way yall show love. Yall might as well find him a boyfriend while yall at it

Fuck outta here with your bullshit narrative. One of the few black boys in the hood that grew up in a two parent home. Some of yalls sons gone come home with a switch the way yall show love. Yall might as well find him a boyfriend while yall at it

Nigga please your dad never have you a hug or showed you how to dap or tell you I love you?

Explain to the world how any of that is gay? What are you 12?

Theres different ways of showing affection, so theres never an age to stop showing affection.

Im 30 and everytime i see my pops he gives me a fake slap on the arm or the back or whatever. Thats a form of affection.

Im seeing posts about lap sitting though and theres def an age to stop that. I wouldnt want my son or daughter to be sitting on my lap passed a certain age.

Just because it was a male at home don't mean he's a father.

You sounding toxic af.

If you can decipher the difference between a father's love and gay shit you got other issues.

Black men out here being hunted an you worried about a father's choice of affection.

So should niggas just eat raw meat, fight all day and club chicks over the head too?

Theres different ways of showing affection, so theres never an age to stop showing affection.

Im 30 and everytime i see my pops he gives me a fake slap on the arm or the back or whatever. Thats a form of affection.

Im seeing posts about lap sitting though and theres def an age to stop that. I wouldnt want my son or daughter to be sitting on my lap passed a certain age.
I'm curious.

I agree with the son...But why ya daughter?

The safest place for her should be your lap?

That's your preference.....I'm not saying you wrong. I just have no issue with it in context.

Yeah didn't need my dad to tell me love me. Or needed hugs from him regularly. His actions spoke for him. Moreso when he ended up becoming a widower and single parent.

There should never be a cut off period to show love to your sons. Now if we talmbout the KIND of affection types...then you can make a good arguement about that. A handshake and a hug suffice wit me and my dad. We grown men. Never did that kissin on the cheek stuff wit him when I was a kid. But that's just me and how I was raised.
Real Talk!

Depends on what type of affection you’re talking about...

... And that goes for daughters, too.

Nothing wrong with a man hugging his kids..... No matter what age.

But, letting your 20 year old son sit on your lap?

Laying in bed with your adult daughter and just “kicking’ it” ?

:scust:

That’s kinda odd.

Don’t do that kinda stuff.
C'mon b

You made these things up. Who you think in this thread or on this site suggesting to do these types of things?

I'm curious.

I agree with the son...But why ya daughter?

The safest place for her should be your lap?

That's your preference.....I'm not saying you wrong. I just have no issue with it in context.

Didnt say sons and daughters cant sit on their fathers lap. Said theres an age limit.

And its nothing sexual. Anyone trying to sexualize anything a father and his kids do are some weird and disgusting mfers.

My only point is, showing certain types of affection past a certain age leads to kids being super needy. And as a parent, one of my biggest concerns would be raise kids who could thrive under any circumstance and not need anyone.

Long post short, your 17 year old son or daughter dont need to be sitting on your lap. 15 even. But showing affection should never stop. Its just about being normal and not showing a 15 year old the same type of affection you would show a 15 month old.

Last edited:
Didnt say sons and daughters cant sit on their fathers lap. Said theres an age limit.

And its nothing sexual. Anyone trying to sexualize anything a father and his kids do are some weird and disgusting mfers.

My only point is, showing certain types of affection past a certain age leads to kids being super needy. And as a parent, one of my biggest concerns would be raise kids who could thrive under any circumstance and not need anyone.

Long post short, your 17 year old son or daughter dont need to be sitting on your lap. 15 even. But showing affection should never stop. Its just about being normal and not showing a 15 year old the same affection you would show a 15 month old.
I agree with most of this.
Nothing wrong with what you said.

I just see things a tad bit different.

But as long as all the kids getting love, we all winning.

Back