Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fan Posts A Question : What Down South Artist Can Go Bar For Bar With Jadakiss?

the regional bias has so many layers. It really comes down too east coast niggas feeling like nobody is as smart as they are

Nosign.

There is regional bias. But since New York invented Hip Hop, Hip Hop should always be viewed from a New York perspective.

If New York thinks its wack, it's wack. Doesn't matter what people in Alabama think, nor does it matter what people in Australia think.

Sheek louch would body 80% of the south

GreenSecondhandAmethystsunbird-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Nosign.

There is regional bias. But since New York invented Hip Hop, Hip Hop should always be viewed from a New York perspective.

If New York thinks its wack, it's wack. Doesn't matter what people in Alabama think, nor does it matter what people in Australia think.

I see what you mean but no. Going by that standard we would’ve never heard rappers from other places.

I see what you mean but no. Going by that standard we would’ve never heard rappers from other places.

Three questions

1. If Hip Hop originated in The Bronx and Harlem amongst Blacks and Latinos, is it safe to say Blacks and Latinos from The Bronx and Harlem "own Hip Hop"? Why or why not?

2. If Blacks and Latinos from The Bronx and Harlem own Hip Hop, does it matter what White kids from the suburbs think?

3. If Blacks and Latinos from The Bronx and Harlem own Hip Hop, does it matter what Blacks and Latinos from Los Angeles think?

I can name the people that invented Hip Hop/Rap Music

DJs
Kool Herc
Grandmaster Flash
Afrika Bambaattaa
Grandwizard Theodore
Lovebug Starski
DJ Hollywood
Afrika Islam
Jazzy Jay
Red Alert
DJ Breakout
DJ Baron

MCs
The Furious 5
The Funky 4+1 (it could be argued that they're second behind The Furious 5. The absolute first MC battle was between The Furious 5 vs Funky 4+1, unfortunately there's no tape of it)
The Crash Crew
The Fearless Four
Cold Crush Brothers
The Soul Sonic Force
The Treacherous Three (with DJ Lee)
Fantastic Freaks
Sugarhill Gang
Kurtis Blow
Spoonie G
Busy B
Lisa Lee

All of those artists have

1. Studio recordings before 1984,
2. Their names are on flyers from the late 70s/early 80s
3. There are audio tapes of them performing at live shows in The Bronx and Harlem in the late 70s/early 80s
4. Video footage of them performing before 1984

Those are the people that created Hip Hop. Yeah there's lesser known people that may have got on the mic at a party back in 1978 like Smokey and the Smokatrons, Johnny Wa and Rayvon, or The Mercedes Ladies but those people didn't make studio recordings nor is there video footage of them.

My premise is that the people I named own Hip Hop and if they think a rapper or trend is wack, then it's wack. It doesn't matter what White kids in the suburbs think, or what Blacks and Latinos in The South or California think.

Three questions

1. If Hip Hop originated in The Bronx and Harlem amongst Blacks and Latinos, is it safe to say Blacks and Latinos from The Bronx and Harlem "own Hip Hop"? Why or why not?

2. If Blacks and Latinos from The Bronx and Harlem own Hip Hop, does it matter what White kids from the suburbs think?

3. If Blacks and Latinos from The Bronx and Harlem own Hip Hop, does it matter what Blacks and Latinos from Los Angeles think?

I can name the people that invented Hip Hop/Rap Music

DJs
Kool Herc
Grandmaster Flash
Afrika Bambaattaa
Grandwizard Theodore
Lovebug Starski
DJ Hollywood
Afrika Islam
Jazzy Jay
Red Alert
DJ Breakout
DJ Baron

MCs
The Furious 5
The Funky 4+1 (it could be argued that they're second behind The Furious 5. The absolute first MC battle was between The Furious 5 vs Funky 4+1, unfortunately there's no tape of it)
The Crash Crew
The Fearless Four
Cold Crush Brothers
The Soul Sonic Force
The Treacherous Three (with DJ Lee)
Fantastic Freaks
Sugarhill Gang
Kurtis Blow
Spoonie G
Busy B
Lisa Lee

All of those artists have

1. Studio recordings before 1984,
2. Their names are on flyers from the late 70s/early 80s
3. There are audio tapes of them performing at live shows in The Bronx and Harlem in the late 70s/early 80s
4. Video footage of them performing before 1984

Those are the people that created Hip Hop. Yeah there's lesser known people that may have got on the mic at a party back in 1978 like Smokey and the Smokatrons, Johnny Wa and Rayvon, or The Mercedes Ladies but those people didn't make studio recordings nor is there video footage of them.

My premise is that the people I named own Hip Hop and if they think a rapper or trend is wack, then it's wack. It doesn't matter what White kids in the suburbs think, or what Blacks and Latinos in The South or California think.

that don’t mean shit. By this standard jazz outside of New Orleans and Memphis ain’t legit. Also the 1984 class and older don’t shit on rap from other regions. Maybe eras. And if one of those kids od heads sad Mobb Deep or Wu Tang or 50 are whack? All the music that influenced early hip wasn’t just in NYC

Back