Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fan Posts A Question : What Down South Artist Can Go Bar For Bar With Jadakiss?

View attachment 410190

acc259e258e51ce54bf97a956614722d.jpg

Everything you said/posted is a reflection of rap as a whole, not New York rap.

Because the music coming out of The South, Midwest and West is just as bad if not worse than what's coming out of NYC.

Another thing to consider, Hip Hop is 40+ years old. It's quite possible that Hip Hop has run it's course and there's no more new ideas.

I mean, Rock N Roll came out in the late 50s, by the 80s Rock music as a whole had run out of ideas. The only new Rock ideas was when the Rock bands would rap over the music like Korn, Limp Biskit or Linkin Park. Otherwise Rock from the 2010's sounds the same as Rock from the 90s.

The same thing happened to Jazz. I don't know when Jazz itself started, but the phonograph itself wasn't perfected until the 1950s. I know Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughn were around in the 1940s. Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie were around in the mid 40s. They created Bebop which flourished in the 1950s. By the 1960s people like John Coltrane, Pharaoh Sanders, Sun Ra and even Miles Davis were doing experimental jazz. Then by the 1970s they tried to fuse Jazz with contemporary music, and that's where the music that we like to sample comes in e.g. Herbie Hancock, Grover Washington Jr, Donald Byrd and Bob James. But by the late 70s Jazz had run it's course and as far as I can tell the only new style of Jazz was when they mixed it with Hip Hop, e.g. Branford Marsalis, Courtny Pine and Greg Osby.

So Rock and Jazz as a whole both ran their course after 40 years. Hip Hop is 40 years old and the only new ideas I see are feminine, homosexual rap.

Correct me if I'm wrong and stop me if I'm lying.

Aye

I better not have purchased more Jadakiss/Lox albums than sum of yall postin all these songs

that's why mf be lookin funny in the light smh

Everything you said/posted is a reflection of rap as a whole, not New York rap.

Because the music coming out of The South, Midwest and West is just as bad if not worse than what's coming out of NYC.

Another thing to consider, Hip Hop is 40+ years old. It's quite possible that Hip Hop has run it's course and there's no more new ideas.

I mean, Rock N Roll came out in the late 50s, by the 80s Rock music as a whole had run out of ideas. The only new Rock ideas was when the Rock bands would rap over the music like Korn, Limp Biskit or Linkin Park. Otherwise Rock from the 2010's sounds the same as Rock from the 90s.

The same thing happened to Jazz. I don't know when Jazz itself started, but the phonograph itself wasn't perfected until the 1950s. I know Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughn were around in the 1940s. Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie were around in the mid 40s. They created Bebop which flourished in the 1950s. By the 1960s people like John Coltrane, Pharaoh Sanders, Sun Ra and even Miles Davis were doing experimental jazz. Then by the 1970s they tried to fuse Jazz with contemporary music, and that's where the music that we like to sample comes in e.g. Herbie Hancock, Grover Washington Jr, Donald Byrd and Bob James. But by the late 70s Jazz had run it's course and as far as I can tell the only new style of Jazz was when they mixed it with Hip Hop, e.g. Branford Marsalis, Courtny Pine and Greg Osby.

So Rock and Jazz as a whole both ran their course after 40 years. Hip Hop is 40 years old and the only new ideas I see are feminine, homosexual rap.

Correct me if I'm wrong and stop me if I'm lying.

"Hip Hop should always be viewed from a New York perspective. If New York thinks its wack, it's wack"

That was my issue with everything you said. Because each and every one of those artist were bred from New York's hip hop maternity ward. (And it should be stated: I don't think any of them are representative of the core hip hop in NY, because they're all corny pop rappers in my opinion.) but New York has a throne as the birth of hip hop. But the praise ends there, when you got wack motherfuckers like who I posted stamping and being stamped by NY. NY has wack shit that leaks out like everywhere else. NY is not so holy, perfect and untouchable that they dictate hip hop. East, South, and West put in effort and talent and no coast or location has claim to being so all important that:

It should always be viewed from their perspective. If they think its wack, it's wack.

On your 2nd comment , yea I think everything will eventually run its course, but I think hip hop is in a very dangerous situation that other genres didn't find themselves in.

Last edited:
I love the convo. And I love that SP is getting love.

It seems like we are expanding into battle raps now with talk of who is the best MC.

I would put Casual and Supernatural up against anyone.

May have to include Craig G. as well.

Back