Welcome To aBlackWeb

Faizon Love Says “F*** Judd Apatow” and Dave Chappelle

lol just fuckin with u, had to do it.

But yea, I dont feel like researching I'll do it later tonight, but I'm sure he said Goat period. And theres been many others

so what is the criteria for judging Chappelle then?

men in tights?

a b role in Nutty Professor??

I got his San Fransisco DVD special in my car right now... that shit stay on deck

the Chappelle show may have put him on the map to those not that familiar with him, but EVERYBODY will tell you Dave was putting in work. This shit Faizon talking about they manufactured him is some hating shit

so, comedy central wrote a check for him for $50M at one point for another season(s) of chappelle show, but nigs in here confused that Netflix paid him $40M for 4 EXCLUSIVE shows?

Netflix was trying to upstart their new comedy focus and who better to give the money to than Rock and Chappelle

c'mon now ya'll

lol @ saying Faizon is right. Chappelle gets that kinda money because demand for him his high. What does him not having a high grossing movie have to do with anything? He didn't get money from Netflix to produce a movie. He got money for a stand-up special, and considering that he's been selling out big ass arenas for the past couple years, how has he not justified that?

The nigga in the thread who said it said he doesn't like Chappelle, so that explains him cosigning that bs lol

so what is the criteria for judging Chappelle then?

men in tights?

a b role in Nutty Professor??

I got his San Fransisco DVD special in my car right now... that shit stay on deck

the Chappelle show may have put him on the map to those not that familiar with him, but EVERYBODY will tell you Dave was putting in work. This shit Faizon talking about they manufactured him is some hating shit

so, comedy central wrote a check for him for $50M at one point for another season(s) of chappelle show, but nigs in here confused that Netflix paid him $40M for 4 EXCLUSIVE shows?

Netflix was trying to upstart their new comedy focus and who better to give the money to than Rock and Chappelle

c'mon now ya'll

Well... Let's see... Ellen Cleghorne had shit-tier early stand-up work just like Chappelle, somehow landed a run on SNL, and ended up with her own prime-time sitcom on a major network in the mid-90's that lasted one season. By y'alls standards she should be one of the GOATS and raking in them 8-figure money deals but that ain't the case at all. In fact, a lot of y'all prolly have no clue who I'm talking about and got Google open right now like "who is Ellen Cleghorne..."

Well... Let's see... Ellen Cleghorne had shit-tier early stand-up work just like Chappelle, somehow landed a run on SNL, and ended up with her own prime-time sitcom on a major network in the mid-90's that lasted one season. By y'alls standards she should be one of the GOATS and raking in them 8-figure money deals but that ain't the case at all. In fact, a lot of y'all prolly have no clue who I'm talking about and got Google open right now like "who is Ellen Cleghorne..."
No man lol

Can she come out now and sell out big venues? Do you think her run was anything close to what Chappelle did on comedy Central for two seasons?

The nigga in the thread who said it said he doesn't like Chappelle, so that explains him cosigning that bs lol

I said Dave has his moments. Shit I went out and bought his Block Party DVD. But, dude's stand-up throughout the 90's was simply not hittin like that. Martin Lawrence was FAR more deserving of a big money deal like Chappelle got based on his output during the 90's. Martin's movies were raking in money hand over fist, his sitcom is STILL played in syndication, his stand-up theatrical releases made an assload of money... That dude had all of the success that Chappelle DIDN'T back then, so why did Chappelle deserve the show on Comedy Central again??? Martin was clearly the bigger name with a far better track record in both the theaters and television and the dude was pretty much a household name.

But you still wanna say Chappelle deserved it like that? At no point during that run in the 90's was Chappelle EVER as big a star as Martin Lawrence. You talkin about Chappelle's grind and all but Martin's grind was better and far more productive so was Chappelle more deserving of that type of deal over Martin?

I said Dave has his moments. Shit I went out and bought his Block Party DVD. But, dude's stand-up throughout the 90's was simply not hittin like that. Martin Lawrence was FAR more deserving of a big money deal like Chappelle got based on his output during the 90's. Martin's movies were raking in money hand over fist, his sitcom is STILL played in syndication, his stand-up theatrical releases made an assload of money... That dude had all of the success that Chappelle DIDN'T back then, so why did Chappelle deserve the show on Comedy Central again??? Martin was clearly the bigger name with a far better track record in both the theaters and television and the dude was pretty much a household name.

But you still wanna say Chappelle deserved it like that? At no point during that run in the 90's was Chappelle EVER as big a star as Martin Lawrence. You talkin about Chappelle's grind and all but Martin's grind was better and far more productive so was Chappelle more deserving of that type of deal over Martin?

You're comparing the nigga's career to Martin, who has one of the best comedy careers of alltime lol Outside of Eddie, there's not many who comes close and even Eddie doesn't have a Martin Show.

His first "special" was that San Fran special which is still fire, then Killin Em Softly. This nigga's stand up special catalog is impressive af. Even his def comedy jam appearances were dope.

So what's up fam, what's ur real beef with chappelle, what he do to u? lol

So I just watched this...

Lol nigga was hating. But he also was speaking some truth too. In so many words, he called Dave Chappelle a PC migga. But you can tell he salty about how the show elevated his drawing power.

You're comparing the nigga's career to Martin, who has one of the best comedy careers of alltime lol Outside of Eddie, there's not many who comes close and even Eddie doesn't have a Martin Show.

His first "special" was that San Fran special which is still fire, then Killin Em Softly. This nigga's stand up special catalog is impressive af. Even his def comedy jam appearances were dope.

So what's up fam, what's ur real beef with chappelle, what he do to u? lol

Thank you. You've helped to make my point.

Dave got better with time, like Faizon said his latest joint is actually funny as shit but it took him forever to get to that point.

What Faizon said is that Chappelle's output over time didn't warrant the kind of money he was getting.
During that SAME time period, Martin Lawrence was KILLIN IT. Matin, however, never got that level of scratch for a TV project.

How does that work?

You got a dude who's output for 12-13 years was mediocre with a few chuckle-worthy moments versus a cat during that same period that became a household name and A-list celebrity.

Faizon said about Chappelle "he's talented, but is he $40M worth?", and when you look at the body of work that preceded the Chappelle Show, you gotta sit back and be like "no... he really wasn't worth that much considering who his contemporaries were". So Faizon concludes that "...To them he is..." and that's why he got that money.

Thank you. You've helped to make my point.

Dave got better with time, like Faizon said his latest joint is actually funny as shit but it took him forever to get to that point.

What Faizon said is that Chappelle's output over time didn't warrant the kind of money he was getting.
During that SAME time period, Martin Lawrence was KILLIN IT. Matin, however, never got that level of scratch for a TV project.

How does that work?

You got a dude who's output for 12-13 years was mediocre with a few chuckle-worthy moments versus a cat during that same period that became a household name and A-list celebrity.

Faizon said about Chappelle "he's talented, but is he $40M worth?", and when you look at the body of work that preceded the Chappelle Show, you gotta sit back and be like "no... he really wasn't worth that much considering who his contemporaries were". So Faizon concludes that "...To them he is..." and that's why he got that money.

That argument makes 0 sense lol that's like being mad at kevin hart for not putting in work in the 80s and 90s lol who cares if he had a slow start, most comedians do. But he's been putting out high quality work since 2000, that's nearly 2 decades of work lol

U have no valid points in this argument fam lol

The irony with this whole interview was he did the same thing he's mad at Judd Apatow for doing. He talked about how Chappelle was unfunny and didn't deserve the money he's getting and didn't say that shit about seinfeld who got more money than chappelle and has done less work or any of the other white comedians who's getting checks, but he was quick to tear down the brotha. Always gotta deal with some of your own trying to tear u down.

Back