Welcome To aBlackWeb

Faizon Love Says “F*** Judd Apatow” and Dave Chappelle

Truth is white ppl did not prop up Dave

Until black ppl fully got on when CS dropped that’s when he became a star. Before that he was just a funny dude that didn’t get his shot yet (like all comedians)

Don’t matter when Dave became “black famous”

Saying he’s not funny and don’t deserve money is hating. Shit clear as a fresh bottle of Voss Water

So who propped him up before CS, unless you believe his career was nonexistent before then.

So if you don't care, why are we discussing this black number when you can't give a guess to how many black ppl fucked with Dave before CS?

I'm dropping you context clues and giving you something to think on to why I'm stating black ppl aint fuck with Dave before CS and you making it seem like what I am saying is thin.
If it makes your point better say a majority of the blacks you or Faizon knew weren't fucking with him and I can leave it be

So who propped him up before CS, unless you believe his career was nonexistent before then.

He got crumbs for CS.

He had cameos in BLACK movies. So he worked hard to get his own shot.

Facts.

The GREAT black comedians such as Martin, Murphy and Rock says Dave is one of the all time greats and always been funny.

But Faizon says he not and that the truth?

The GREAT black comedians such as Martin, Murphy and Rock says Dave is one of the all time greats and always been funny.

But Faizon says he not and that the truth?

Thought I was talking bout who his audience was at a certain point in his career, not who finds him funny or not. But deflect away.

He got crumbs for CS.

FOH

Dave made stupid loot off CS and most likely still does.

We as black people aren't monolithic. We like different shit.

That mindset is the reason why mfers are afraid to be themselves.
It is no way to quantify how many niggas fucked with Dave before CS.

Faizon Love claim to fame is Big Worm and most niggas don't even know he was in Bebe's Kids. And he got the nerve to say what another nigga is worth, how's that not hating?

I remember that nigga was hating on Katt Williams a few years back too.

1. What career did he have up until that point?

2. Who was his audience?

3. What shows were black ppl watching on Comedy Central? outside from South Park at that time

4 Why are you twisting the narrative, I never said anything negative about the dude, I'm saying black ppl didn't fuck with Dave before CS. What is negative about that. It's negative because it doesn't fit (your) narrative and image of reality of the dude career path?

5. Who propped Dave, See #2. Who was Dave's fan base bro?

1. He was making a name for himself in stand-up and had some bit parts in a movie. I don't think anyone is claiming that he was a superstar before his show, but no one is a super star before they get their big break.

2. From what I've seen of his old stuff, he had a mixed audience. However, he did appear on Def Jam and did do some black comedy clubs, so to say he had no name among black people is simply false.

3. I don't know how many black people were or weren't watching CC before the CS. Hell, the CS audience in general probably wasn't that big before the CS, so it's kind of a moot point.

4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said Faizon was right. Faizon said Dave was never funny and all his comments are geared towards trying to prove that Dave doesn't deserve the shine he's getting. How is that not negative? If I'm misunderstanding you or the level to which you agree with him, let me know.

5. I don't know what you mean by propped. As far as I know, Dave put in the work and is reaping the benefits. When you say he's being propped, you make it sound like he doesn't have the talent, and is just artificially being put in a position of success. But that doesn't really fit the flow of his career especially when you consider that he went on a 7 year hiatus, came back, put his own tour in the works, and basically picked up right where left off with fans across the spectrum. Doesn't sound like anyone propped him up to me.

1. He was making a name for himself in stand-up and had some bit parts in a movie. I don't think anyone is claiming that he was a superstar before his show, but no one is a super star before they get their big break.

2. From what I've seen of his old stuff, he had a mixed audience. However, he did appear on Def Jam and did do some black comedy clubs, so to say he had no name among black people is simply false.

3. I don't know how many black people were or weren't watching CC before the CS. Hell, the CS audience in general probably wasn't that big before the CS, so it's kind of a moot point.

4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said Faizon was right. Faizon said Dave was never funny and all his comments are geared towards trying to prove that Dave doesn't deserve the shine he's getting. How is that not negative? If I'm misunderstanding you or the level to which you agree with him, let me know.

5. I don't know what you mean by propped. As far as I know, Dave put in the work and is reaping the benefits. When you say he's being propped, you make it sound like he doesn't have the talent, and is just artificially being put in a position of success. But that doesn't really fit the flow of his career especially when you consider that he went on a 7 year hiatus, came back, put his own tour in the works, and basically picked up right where left off with fans across the spectrum. Doesn't sound like anyone propped him up to me.

I never stated that Dave wasn't funny. Dude is cool. I have no issue with his comedy.

What I agree with Faizon message was that black ppl wasn't fucking with Dave before the CS. He listed several outlets and gave insight to back up that statement.

I even took it a step further and stated to a couple of posters, if Dave was on a show with these following cats in their prime, who would kill the show, if Dave is GOAT, then he should be able to wash these comedians or go behind a Bernie Mac and destroy.

It's a reason Bernie Mac went last on Kings Of Comedy. In 2000, that's what all niggas talked about, Not Dave's Killing me Softly, niggas (black women) beauty salon, church going, postal workers, radio personals were talking about "milk and cookies" and shit. That bit.

But a show with these dudes on it, in their prime, you telling me Dave is better than this cats? Stand-up??

Bernie Mac
Martin
Jamie Foxx
Damion Waynes
Chris Rock
Steve Harvey
Ced the Entertainer
Rickey Smiley
AJ Johnson
Chris Tucker
Kevin Hart
Kat Williams
Mark Cooper
Sinbad

These comedians on the same show as Dave in their prime, who would kill the show? I said all that to say this, when Dave was out, around the Def Jam time, he was out before then, but for the sake of my point, he was not the nigga that everybody was fucking with. Yall fuss is that "oh it takes time to blow up" and my only response is, what the hell does "blowing" up mean, and blowing up to who, cacs?

80-90%% of those comics that I listed, were blown up in the black audience/market and had TV shows, movies, or appeared on outlets that majority of black folks fucked with.

You don't have the luxury of the internet to use with these cats that I listed and they were eating. You can't run to YT to watch clips of these dudes, you saw these dudes on TV shows, late-night talk shows, etc without the use of the Internet, thus my reasoning to saying that they got their shot.

Dave was not in that group of comedians and all of those comedians (with the exception of Kevin) were in Dave's class or around when Dave was doing his comedy thing.

That's the point I and Faizon was making, he was not that nigga while other comedians including Monique and Sommore, Adele Givens, were at the time. They all from the same class, years, pack. I don't think dude was hating, nor am I, I'm just speaking the truth about how the game was.

When I say propped, I'm saying he made cacs laugh and that's how he got his deal. If you're funny to cacs, you get deals and opportunity. I'm not understanding how hard that to understand.

Dave didn't have a nigga/black fan-base. His fans were cacs, The nigga appeared in Robin Hood Men in Tights, a cac movie, he may have been the only black dude in the movie if I can recall Lol.

His core fans were cacs. He was propped and co-sign by cacs. No hate, no harm, just the truth.

If not, then I don't know what to tell you Lol

comedy, like practically any other walk of life has stages where someone is the "it" thing

It wasnt meant for Dave to be popping when Kings of Comedy were making their run...i could go on and on

but you get the point

but that shouldn't discredit his come up

still smh that as an HBCU alum, you said a cac put you onto Chappelle Show

my school was mixed af, and thats ALL the black students were talking about

OH, and to Faizon's point, Charlie Murphy also wrote on some skits for the first season, so this notion to suggest that only S2 was good is some bullshit.

Dave tells the story that Charlie was always telling these stories...not skits, but stories that REALLY happened, and everybody would just be laughing, and they thought it would be a great idea to turn them into skits...

I dont think a single person had the foresight to see how popular they would become

comedy, like practically any other walk of life has stages where someone is the "it" thing

It wasnt meant for Dave to be popping when Kings of Comedy were making their run...i could go on and on

but you get the point

but that shouldn't discredit his come up

Bro, pinpoint out in my post where I am discrediting his come up though Lol

Radio shows, remember those, another outlet that let you know you had blown up or was on, Your Tom Joyner, Doug Banks, all the black radio jocks, late night radio jocks etc. This was when niggas listened to the radio shows, with they mama, Madea, and shit, or at night, waiting on the rap mixes to tape and shit Lmaoo, but noone of these jocks were uttering out Dave's name or his jokes/bits, like the ppl I listed in my earlier post.

You heard your Chris Tuckers, Chris Rocks, Sinbads, Ced, Bernie Macs, AJ Johnsons, Joe Torry (even though I didn't think dude was funny) your DL Hughley,

Your Moniques, Your insert black comics, Marlon and Shawn Waynes, Jamie Foxx, Martins coming outta these jocks mouths, Not Dave.

Last edited:
still smh that as an HBCU alum, you said a cac put you onto Chappelle Show

my school was mixed af, and thats ALL the black students were talking about

OH, and to Faizon's point, Charlie Murphy also wrote on some skits for the first season, so this notion to suggest that only S2 was good is some bullshit.

Dave tells the story that Charlie was always telling these stories...not skits, but stories that REALLY happened, and everybody would just be laughing, and they thought it would be a great idea to turn them into skits...

I dont think a single person had the foresight to see how popular they would become

Bro, I do that shit today Lmaoo, niggas do that shit on here, tell stories, the whole scumbag thread if ever re-surface, I'm taking them stories and will produce content from it Lmaoo. That's how In Living Color was born, That's how The Richard Pryor Show came about, that's how a lot of shit get created, by sharing stories breh Lol.

Bro, pinpoint out in my post where I am discrediting his come up though Lol

Radio shows, remember those, another outlet that let you know you had blown up or was on, Your Tom Joyner, Doug Banks, all the black radio jocks, late night radio jocks etc. This was when niggas listened to the radio shows, with they mama, Madea, and shit, or at night, waiting on the rap mixes to tape and shit Lmaoo, but noone of these jocks were utter out Dave's name or his jokes/bits, like the ppl I listed in my earlier post.

You heard your Chris Tuckers, Chris Rocks, Sinbads, Ced, Bernie Macs, AJ Johnsons, Joe Torry (even though I didn't think dude was funny) your DL Hughley,

Your Moniques, Your insert black comics, Marlon and Shawn Waynes, Jamie Foxx, Martins coming outta these jocks mouths, Not Dave.
brah, you keep saying no black people were checking for him back when other comics were more prominent/feature acts were out. You side with Faizon saying that the industry propped him up.

Thats the very definition of discrediting the come up. He didnt just appear out the blue.

Bro, I do that shit today Lmaoo, niggas do that shit on here, tell stories, the whole scumbag thread if ever re-surface, I'm taking them stories and will produce content from it Lmaoo. That's how In Living Color was born, That's how The Richard Pryor Show came about, that's how a lot of shit get created, by sharing stories breh Lol.
again, you missing it

you side with Faizon

Faizon said that Charlie Murphy is the reason Chappelle show is as popular when thats just not true. Murphy was around for season 1, so why, in his opinion didnt season 1 have the impact as season 2?

brah, you keep saying no black people were checking for him back when other comics were more prominent/feature acts were out. You side with Faizon saying that the industry propped him up.

Thats the very definition of discrediting the come up. He didnt just appear out the blue.

When Friday came out, Who was checking for Dave?

Were you hoping they put Dave in the movie?

Dave at the time was out and doing his comedy thing

When Players Club came out, who was checking for Dave?

Dave at the time was out and doing his comedy thing

Back