Welcome To aBlackWeb

Faizon Love Says “F*** Judd Apatow” and Dave Chappelle

Ok

No internet in 2000, most niggas were still on dial up if they had the shit, Youtube was not out.

Comedy material was not an easy access to get like today

Name me some shows/outlets, rap cds, rappers, basketball players, football, etc who fucked with Dave, shouted him out, rap Cds (skits, interludes) that Dave were on, guest appearances on late night talk shows, black mainstream movies, Players Club, Friday, etc, black TV shows, Martin, Living Single, etc, that black ppl fuck'd with that Dave were on before 2000

Shit that black ppl fuck with, that Dave appeared on.

I'll wait

Name me something that had black niggas talking about Dave before 2000 and wanting more of Dave

Other than the scene from Nutty Professor, that nigga wasn't on the radar for black ppl for the most part.

Brah, lol

Had you said key from key and Peele, then you might have something

But if you were someone who frequents comedy venues, then none of these dudes are really new to you

Amy Schumer was created by the industry. Stolen jokes, terrible movies and stand ups and being a white woman they were hoping to fill the void by Melissa McCarthy. THAT'S the very definition of created by the industry.

She got skyrocketed into stardom with no previous work worth mentioning.

Dave been putting in work, that we know of, since Def comedy jam, and that's a fact.

Brah, lol

Had you said key from key and Peele, then you might have something

But if you were someone who frequents comedy venues, then none of these dudes are really new to you

Amy Schumer was created by the industry. Stolen jokes, terrible movies and stand ups and being a white woman they were hoping to fill the void by Melissa McCarthy. THAT'S the very definition of created by the industry.

She got skyrocketed into stardom with no previous work worth mentioning.

Dave been putting in work, that we know of, since Def comedy jam, and that's a fact.

Same question to you

Ok

No internet in 2000, most niggas were still on dial up if they had the shit, Youtube was not out.

Comedy material was not an easy access to get like today

Name me some shows/outlets, rap cds, rappers, basketball players, football, etc who fucked with Dave, shouted him out, rap Cds (skits, interludes) that Dave were on, guest appearances on late night talk shows, black mainstream movies, Players Club, Friday, etc, black TV shows, Martin, Living Single, etc, that black ppl fuck'd with that Dave were on before 2000

Shit that black ppl fuck with, that Dave appeared on.

I'll wait

Name me something that had black niggas talking about Dave before 2000 and wanting more of Dave

Other than the scene from Nutty Professor, that nigga wasn't on the radar for black ppl for the most part.

Ok

No internet in 2000, most niggas were still on dial, Youtube was out.

Name me some shows/outlets, rap cds, (skits, interludes) guest appearances on late night talk shows, black mainstream movies, black TV shows, that black ppl fuck'd with that Dave were on before 2000 that niggas fuck'd with?

Dog I don't need no damn skit on a rap CD for me to know that the nigga was/is funny. I saw Nutty Professor and laughed in 96 at his scenes and randomly quoted them shits, I saw the stand up in D.C. Killing Them Softly and laughed, what more do you want??? Black people I know was fucking with him... You want to sit there and tell me what I didn't think was funny or laughed at by saying black people wasn't on him, nigga maybe you weren't, but over here we were

I don't care about that lol

Why does it matter

Big dropped two cds before his death. Does that take away from his legacy?

All if not most black comedians that were on had their own TV or were on TV shows that niggas watched, What the fuck Dave had going when niggas in the comedy world was eating?

Let's list these comedians

Damion
Marlon
Shawn
Jamie
Martin
AJ Johnson
Faizon
Chris Tucker
Joe Torry
Monique
Somore
Eddie Griffin
Chris Tucker
Ced
Steve
Bernie
Hell even Chris Spencer was a host.
Mark Cooper
etc.
Rickey Smiley

I can keep going, all these niggas were on black TV doing shit with and for black ppl

Where the fuck was Dave, he was out when these niggas were out and on TV

I don't care about that lol

Why does it matter

Big dropped two cds before his death. Does that take away from his legacy?

Lol

I know you don't but you sitting up here saying that man Fazion is hating when the truth is Dave wasn't around like that, niggas started fucking with Dave the 2nd season of DC.

That's the point I am making.

If that wasn't the case, post something that had niggas talking about Dave before 2000, I would say 2003, but I'll give yall that Killing special, which that shit wasn't talked bout when it came out within the black community, Niggas wasn't on some, "man go check out that Dave special, that shit kills" Lol.

I like Dave more than Martin.

Martin is a more reactionary comic. His reaction to shit, his personality and his touch on subjects is what makes him funny. Which is why his show was successful sitcom, cuz his reactions to different shit is never not funny.... Plus he's a physical comedy genius. Martin will kill you without saying a word, just by his mannerisms to a situation he set up. He did it on stage and on his show

Dave on the other hand may not be as funny reaction wise, but he kills it from an observational stand point. He sees how things are connected and the humor in them. He sees the evidence of terrible things like racism in the smallest shit and make it hilarious. He reaches that part of the audience that wants to relate to his story. Many of his stories are funny without him being a character.... Because he sees the funny from the outside.... And I appreciate that just a bit more.... Plus he's good at playing characters too.... Maybe not as much as Martin, but it's debatable...

Either way

I go

Richard
Eddie
Dave
Chris
Martin

Dog I don't need no damn skit on a rap CD for me to know that the nigga was/is funny. I saw Nutty Professor and laughed in 96 at his scenes and randomly quoted them shits, I saw the stand up in D.C. Killing Them Softly and laughed, what more do you want??? Black people I know was fucking with him... You want to sit there and tell me what I didn't think was funny or laughed at by saying black people wasn't on him, nigga maybe you weren't, but over here we were

Bro,

I laughed too.

I saw the stand-up after 2000 and chuckled but the niggas, barbershops, schools, salons, functions, niggas wasn't on some man Dave special is what needs to be watched.

Bernie Mac bit at the time in 2000 was the shit niggas were talking bout and fucking wit, not Dave special. Dave special was cater to again, a white audience.

I'm not telling you what's funny, nor am I'm saying Dave isn't funny. That's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is what Faizon stated about how black ppl starting fucking with Dave in his 2nd season of his show is true.

Last edited:

Bro you named me 2 things, a few scenes from a movie in 96 and a special in 2000 that was cool by your standards and you telling me black folks all over the world were fucking with Dave off these 2 things alone?

That's why I said what I said, black ppl wasn't fucking wit this dude until the 2nd season of DC

Bro,

I laughed too.

I saw the stand-up after 2000 and chuckled but the niggas, barbershops, schools, salons, functions, niggas wasn't on some man Dave special is what needs to be watched.

Bernie Mac bit at the time in 2000 was the shit niggas were talking bout and fucking wit, not Dave special. Dave special was cater to again, a white audience.

I'm not telling you what's funny, nor I am saying Dave isn't funny. That's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is what Faizon stated about how black ppl starting fucking with Dave in his 2nd season of his show.

Why does that matter?

And why does it give him the right to say what Dave did didn’t deserve?

Half baked was an instant classic too...

Like right away everybody had that DVD.

It was a must for the collection... An this before the show

Why does that matter?

And why does it give him the right to say what Dave did didn’t deserve?

Why you keep asking me why does that matter when others in here are debating bout what dude stated Lol

It matters that folks don't think it's true and saying dude is hating.

I have no issue, which I said in my post about Dave's come up. None.

Half baked was an instant classic too...

Like right away everybody had that DVD.

It was a must for the collection... An this before the show

Yup. Dropped in 98

“Right near the beach ohh yeaaa”

“Doctor said I need a Backtomony”

“Bitch, you know what I want”

Hell even Snoop and a all time famous GIF comes from that movie.

Why you keep asking me why does that matter when others in here are debating bout what dude stated Lol

It matters that folks don't think it's true and saying dude is hating.

I have no issue, which I said in my post about Dave's come up. None.

He is hating because he’s talking about what Dave deserves when it comes to money.

Back