Welcome To aBlackWeb

Faizon Love Says “F*** Judd Apatow” and Dave Chappelle

Talking Stand-up in front of an all black audience, Chappelle would be a bigger appeal to black ppl than the ppl I mentioned in their prime?

Dave aint seeing Kevin Hart on a stand-up level Lol if the audience is all black

Come on bro Lol

I'm one of the few people who actually thinks Kevin hart is a funny stand up comedian but you lunchin talking about he's better than Chapelle. Even Kevin Hart says he's not better than him.

It was his Killin 'Em Softly special that dropped in 2000 that really got his name out there as well as writing Half Baked in 98. People knew him because he'd been doing stand up since he was a teenager but writing Half Baked got him known in Hollywood and that special is what really put him on a mainstream map

I don't disagree, and like you stated got him known to Hollywood. I never questioned that. I'm stating that black folks (majority) started messing with dude when the second season of DC came about. That's when dude's name started to get thrown around the conversation among black folks, "Hey man check out this show called DC" that shit is crazy.

That special put him on with main-stream, white folks, black folks wasn't messing with Dave like that.

Dave wasn't doing anything to cater towards the black crowd before the DC show if so, what?

What rap videos before 2000, rap interludes/skits (that niggas fuck wit) was Dave on?

Most comics, that were hot and black ppl fuck wit, did skits on albums. Before 2000, what skit Chappelle appeared on a rap cd?

What rapper was trying to put Chappelle on their album before the DC show? I'll wait

Last edited:
Black ppl wasn't checking for Dave before season 2 of the DC show

In the comedy world before that show came about, black folks weren't on the Dave wave.

He wasn't the 1st name outta black folks mouth when it came to the comedy world.

Rickey Smiley name would come outta black folks mouth before Dave's name

Before 2009 nobody was talk about kevin hart? what does that mean?

Before def comedy nobody was talkin about martin, what does that mean?

Before Bring the Pain nobody was talkin about chris rock, what does that mean?

answer to all of those questions, who gives af lol

Everybody has a break out moment, that's an amazing discovery sir, thank you for that truth.

Knock also thinks nobody has listened to doggystyle since 93, i'm beginning to think Knock doesn't leave the house lol

I don't disagree, and like you stated got him known to Hollywood. I never questioned that. I'm stating that black folks (majority) started messing with dude when the second season of DC came about. That's when dude's name started to get thrown around the conversation among black folks, "Hey man check out this show called DC" that shit is crazy.

That special put him on with main-stream, white folks, black folks wasn't messing with Dave like that.

Dave wasn't doing anything to cater towards the black crowd before the DC show if so, what?

What rap videos before 2000, rap interludes/skits (that niggas fuck wit) was Dave on?

Most comics, that were hot and black ppl fuck wit, dude skits on albums. Before 2000, what skit Chappelle appeared on a rap cd?

What rapper was trying to put Chappelle on their album before the DC show? I'll wait

That's what's your using to measure a level of success? Being put on skits on niggas cd's? If that's the case then the nigga yelling "Ok I'm reloaded" all over Jay Z cd's was a comedic god in the 90's because niggas copied that shit 100x over. Chris Rock wasn't doing cd skits in the 90's and early 2000's so was he not hot either? Was Cedric The Entertainer the best comedian out in the 2000's because Nelly put him on the intro to the Country Grammar cd? People knew about Chapelle...you don't just get a tv deal, especially as a black comedian, without some sort of proof that you can draw an audience. Years of touring, a few specials, and writing a movie that got a cult following is why Chappelle blew up the way he did with the tv show.

Before 2009 nobody was talk about kevin hart? what does that mean?

Before def comedy nobody was talkin about martin, what does that mean?

Before Bring the Pain nobody was talkin about chris rock, what does that mean?

answer to all of those questions, who gives af lol

Everybody has a break out moment, that's an amazing discovery sir, thank you for that truth.

Ok Let's do this:

Where did black ppl listen and see Dave perform or do his thang before the DC show?

You had a few options to be on the scene before 2000 and even in the year 2000.

Rap cds/skits, movies, TV shows, guest appearances, late night talk shows, comedy shows, BET Comic-view, Def Jam, HBO specials

What outlet Dave appeared on for black ppl to be fucking with him?

What movie at that time was in the household that Dave did, that had black ppl wanting to check for him?

I'll wait

That's what's your using to measure a level of success? Being put on skits on niggas cd's? If that's the case then the nigga yelling "Ok I'm reloaded" all over Jay Z cd's was a comedic god in the 90's because niggas copied that shit 100x over. Chris Rock wasn't doing cd skits in the 90's and early 2000's so was he not hot either? Was Cedric The Entertainer the best comedian out in the 2000's because Nelly put him on the intro to the Country Grammar cd? People knew about Chapelle...you don't just get a tv deal, especially as a black comedian, without some sort of proof that you can draw an audience. Years of touring, a few specials, and writing a movie that got a cult following is why Chappelle blew up the way he did with the tv show.

Ced did Kings of Comedy, Dude hosted BET Comic View

Chris Rock had the Chris Rock Show (he had done movies) CB4, He didn't need to appear on a rap CD

Chappelle did what to gain the attention of black ppl before DC? And give me a show or something that black ppl talked bout before the DC show?

Dude had a small role in the Nutty Professor and niggas aint even know who he was Lol come on yall. Dude appeared in Robin Hood Men in Tights and niggas/black ppl were checking for that shit? This is wha yall saying? Niggas was lining up getting tickets cuz Dave (the nigga that did his thing in touring and on shows) was in Robin Hood. Niggas was going to the movies to see Dave Lol. come on yall

Black ppl starting fucking wit dude season 2 of the DC show

Ok Let's do this:

Where did black ppl listen and see Dave perform or do his thang before the DC show?

You had a few options to be on the scene before 2000 and even in the year 2000.

Rap cds/skits, movies, TV shows, guest appearances, late night talk shows, comedy shows, BET Comic-view, Def Jam, HBO specials

What outlet Dave appeared on for black ppl to be fucking with him?

What movie at that time was in the household that Dave did, that had black ppl wanting to check for him?

I'll wait

The logic you're attempting to use can be applied to every comedian that ever lived, nobody popped up outta no where and became the biggest comedian in the world. So because chris rock didn't blow up till "Bring the pain" he's wack because he was working for years before he got big? That's a ridiculous way of judging a comedian.

Yes he was. He got a skit on 2001

The logic you're attempting to use can be applied to every comedian that ever lived, nobody popped up outta no where and became the biggest comedian in the world. So because chris rock didn't blow up till "Bring the pain" he's wack because he was working for years before he got big? That's a ridiculous way of judging a comedian.

Bro, What do you mean when you say blow up??

Chris Rock had his own movie in 93 Lol.

Dude was in 2 of the biggest movies in Black Cinema.

What do you mean by blowing up, when white ppl start noticing you ??

Yes he was. He got a skit on 2001

Niggas don't even know the whole game Lol

Dude had a cac audience.

Black ppl weren't checking for that dude like that, it's no hate, just the truth Shit, he even looked awkward when he was on Def Jam back in the day Lol

Nigga looked so outta place it was almost a cringe Lol

No whites folks wasn't the reason he blew up, whites folks was his biggest audience before he did Chappelle Show.

Skip to 1 hour 22 min mark.

Faizon was the one saying the reason Chappelle popped was b/c of white people or rather "the industry manufactured him"

Bro, What do you mean when you say blow up??

Chris Rock had his own movie in 93 Lol.

Dude was in 2 of the biggest movies in Black Cinema.

What do you mean by blowing up, when white ppl start noticing you ??

If that's the criteria you're using, chappelle was on the nutty professor and blue streak which are bigger than the movies you're talking about. So based on YOUR logic, chappelle was doing bigger things than chris rock.

Faizon was the one saying the reason Chappelle popped was b/c of white people or rather "the industry manufactured him"

You don't think that's somewhat true?

Before the Chappelle show, was Dave in your top 25 comedian list?

Hell was he even heading for GOAT status Lol

If that's the criteria you're using, chappelle was on the nutty professor and blue streak which are bigger than the movies you're talking about. So based on YOUR logic, chappelle was doing bigger things than chris rock.

Blue Streak and Nutty Professor are Bigger than Boomerang and New Jack City? This is what you saying Lol?

Blue Streak and Nutty Professor are Bigger than Boomerang and New Jack City? This is what you saying Lol?

NJC grossed 7 mill, boomerang grossed 13m = 20m

NP grossed 130m and blue streak grossed 120m = 250m

Is this even a question?

NJC grossed 7 mill, boomerang grossed 13m = 20m

NP grossed 130m and blue streak grossed 120m = 250m

Is this even a question?

Oh ok

Let's ask 1,000 black ppl from the East Coast, I'll use your back-yard, what 2 movies would they rather watch, Boomerang and New Jack City or Nutty Professor and Blue Streak or which movies are bigger and let's see what the results will be.

120M came from majority of the black crowd huh that went out to see Martin and Dave huh? Lol

13 million came from cacs huh that went out to see Boomerang

7 mill came from cacs huh that went out to see New Jack City

130 mill came from mostly black ppl huh Lol that went out to see NP

Come on bro.

Back