Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or Foul? Trans HS wrestler winning female wrestling titles

Fair or Foul?

• Fair

• Foul

Results are only viewable after voting.
Worst thing is they wanted to do boys wrestling. The board said nah, you gotta go with your birth gender/sex/anatomy. All this outrage needs to get directed at the overbearing administration

Last edited:
Worst thing is they wanted to do boys wrestling. The board said nah, you gotta go with your birth gender. All this outrage needs to get directed at the overbearing administration

She was made to wrestle with her biological sex, not "birth gender". Y'all gotta remember that sex and gender are not interchangeable. Sex is biological, gender is a social construct. They're completely different.

She was made to wrestle with her biological sex, not "birth gender". Y'all gotta remember that sex and gender are not interchangeable. Sex is biological, gender is a social construct. They're completely different.

Eh, kind of. Masculinity and feminity correspond to sex. So while not identical, the terms are frequently used interchangeably due to how much they overlap.

Without concepts of male and female, man and woman don't make any coherent sense. Man and woman are just extrapolations from what we 'typically' see in males and females.

Ergo, I stand by what I said. For a long time, gender referred to sex until the term was co-opted by people in academia.

Eh, kind of. Masculinity and feminity correspond to sex. So while not identical, the terms are frequently used interchangeably due to how much they overlap.

Actually, gender only referred to language, not sex. It wasn't until a paper by John Money written in 1955 that the concept of gender was applied to humans and even then it didn't go too far past the paper until the 2nd wave of feminists picked up on it in the late 60's/early 70's.

Without concepts of male and female, man and woman don't make any coherent sense. Man and woman are just extrapolations from what we 'typically' see in males and females.

man and woman were just familiar names given to "adult human male" and "adult human female" in the same way that an adult male bovine is a "bull" and an adult female bovine is a "cow". The concepts you see are derived from our notion of how each of the sexes should behave.

Ergo, I stand by what I said. For a long time, gender referred to sex until the term was co-opted by people in academia.

Ergo, gender never referred to sex until one man and a group of angry women made it so.

Last edited:
Gender had fallen out of use for most everything other than language but was used to refer to people prior to this decline.

It's fairly pedantic to try and draw out the history of a very recently developed, highly controversial concept when that history does nothing to change the meaning of what I said. Categories in themselves don't exist outside of the mind, so there's no objective way to prove either assertion right. In this case, as long as I'm understood it's not really significant to draw this distinction

Back