Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Fair or Foul: Petition Made For Actor Playing Fred Hampton To Be Changed

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
To the folks who have a major issue with this. Do you all feel that if the movie is fiction that anybody from any country play the role but if the movie is based on a real life person the actor who plays that person needs to be from the country that said person is from?

Don't matter, they just need to be from here
but it does matter

this the same question i have with niggas in my group texts when they say fire Gentry..i be like ok...who you go replace him with?

crickets....

if you in here thinking black american actors are being done such a disservice, then at the very least you should be able to spout off 5 black american actors who should've been given this role

again, the fact that we are even getting an actual big budget film about Fred Hampton is amazing in itself

You acting like its Flex playing MJ

To the folks who have a major issue with this. Do you all feel that if the movie is fiction that anybody from any country play the role but if the movie is based on a real life person the actor who plays that person needs to be from the country that said person is from?
i done told you stop trying to bring logic into these conversations b lol

Reread what i said

I did and edited my post

Bottom line Africans hardly moan about black Americans playing prominent or popular Africans ... there's a massive movie industry in/on the continent anyway

Nigeria with the guerrilla style 'Nollywood' for example...

Reactions: GNS
but it does matter

this the same question i have with niggas in my group texts when they say fire Gentry..i be like ok...who you go replace him with?

crickets....

if you in here thinking black american actors are being done such a disservice, then at the very least you should be able to spout off 5 black american actors who should've been given this role

again, the fact that we are even getting an actual big budget film about Fred Hampton is amazing in itself

You acting like its Flex playing MJ
It doesn't matter to me, I don't care if it matter to you. I want black Americans playing these roles. Don't care if you agree with me or not

so you just complaining just to complain with no actual solution to the problem YOU have with this?

got it
I'm not complaining about nothing, I gave my opinion on a topic just like everyone else did. You don't agree which is cool

British actors are cheaper than American actors and some directors feel like they are better trained actors becausethey classically trained.Samuel L. Jackson felt Get Out could have been played by a Black American instead of Daniel.

Samuel L. Jackson response back in 2017 “Black Americans don’t have the opportunity to go to the U.K. and see if they can adapt the British accent and work. They do restrict us in an interesting sort of way. We’re not afforded that luxury. That’s what I was trying to say.”

It's a good read

I dont have a problem. I think chi town does. I voted foul

Im making observations that i think are rooted in an agenda to somewhat replace American actors. Lurker gave a plausible reason for that agenda

To answer the questions, yes and no. Best actor gets the role... but keep your agendas out of it white people

I'm not complaining about nothing, I gave my opinion on a topic just like everyone else did. You don't agree which is cool

but you are in fact complaining

im not saying you marching in the streets protesting, but you are complaining

but you are in fact complaining

im not saying you marching in the streets protesting, but you are complaining
I'm not, I just said black Americans should get those roles. You're the one complaining about my opinion and nothing will change. I'm not in here worried about why people think the opposite of me cause I don't care.

did yall know Delroy Lindo is British? I didn't...
Holy shit
lol I reacted the same way

:oreally:
Hol up
This nigga Jamaican?!

:lol10:
Perfect. Operation take fba/ados reparations is well underway.

The invasion cannot be stopped
captain-marvel-skrull-talos-transforms-into-girl.gif

Back