Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or foul? Kevin Hart throwing his son a cowboys and Indians party

Apologize for what. Throwing his kid a party? Apologize to who? Twitter? They seem to be the only ones upset. I haven't heard of any Native American organizations complaining about the party. I wouldn't have that type of party theme simply because my kids aren't interested in cowboys/Indians. But maybe his kid likes it. You really believe Kevin Hart is trying to defame the Native Americans? If he is then what good is an apology?

He can apologize to the people he offended. Why do you see that as such a crazy thing. Dude is a public figure who put this shit out there for public consumption. Some found it offensive for good reason. Assuming he wasn't trying to be offensive, why wouldn't he apologize to those that found it offensive. He's not a normal person like us. His livelihood is based on the type of relationship he has built with the public. Why would he even want to risk turning away fans over some shit that he did innocently?

He can apologize to the people he offended. Why do you see that as such a crazy thing. Dude is a public figure who put this shit out there for public consumption. Some found it offensive for good reason. Assuming he wasn't trying to be offensive, why wouldn't he apologize to those that found it offensive. He's not a normal person like us. His livelihood is based on the type of relationship he has built with the public. Why would he even want to risk turning away fans over some shit that he did innocently?

His fans aren't going to turn against him just because he didn't apologize for his kids party. They support him even though he's not funny.

Find me a real Native American offended by this and I’ll consider caring

no-sir-idont-like-it-imgflip-com-32295951.png

Last edited:
Some people are ignorant to stuff like this and only know when it’s in regards to their own race. I’m sure it was all done innocently. While it is offensive, I don’t think they were thinking that deep into it.

Had they, they probably would’ve reconsidered the theme.

He knows better. I can't see a Black man in this country that does't know this.

But that's not what was done at the party. What happened at the party would be more akin to having a Hip Hop party where white people went dressed up like rappers or at least in a way that was consistent with Hip Hop culture. Again, I'm not saying that the Natives don't have the right to be offended, but that's not the same as blackface. The thing is, there is a such thing as redface, which actually is analogous to blackface. No one in that pic was in redface.

gty-182953201.jpg

No, you're wrong.

Natives were the first slaves not just in this country, but in this entire half of the world. We were shipped back to Spain beginning in 1493 in untold numbers. We were enslaved, raped, tortured, maimed, killed, long before the first African in bondage had ever set foot on our soil. Entire nations of us were eradicated like animals in the way of "progress".

The look of our people is not a joke. It's not a caricature. It's not a costume to be thrown on at will. Just as items from our African heritage brings along with the pain and suffering of a people, the same holds true for Native American dress. That's our struggle being casually thrown around as if it doesn't matter.

Shit ain't the same as dressing up as a rapper.

they raised a valid point w. the whole KKK/Black face thing we'd be outraged if that shit happened but at the same time thats blatantly racist and i dont think you can compare that to this. Ya'll know they probably weren't thinking about this ruffling any feathers (no pun)when they went with that theme

we grew up on cowboys and indians

it comes down to people wanting to turn everything into an issue these days

they raised a valid point w. the whole KKK/Black face thing we'd be outraged if that shit happened but at the same time thats blatantly racist and i dont think you can compare that to this. Ya'll know they probably weren't thinking about this ruffling any feathers (no pun)when they went with that theme

Now think back to who promoted this as a "normal" children's activity and the time in history it was popular.

Just because something was normal in the past doesn't make it right.

That doesn't make it any better. And we're grown now and we've learned about the atrocities committed by "cowboys" against Native peoples so how do you still justify doing it?

Now think back to who promoted this as a "normal" children's activity and the time in history it was popular.

Just because something was normal in the past doesn't make it right.

That doesn't make it any better. And we're grown now and we've learned about the atrocities committed by "cowboys" against Native peoples so how do you still justify doing it?

I aint justifying the shit, im just saying they probably grew up on it and at the time thought it would be a cool theme for their kids birthday party and thats it.. They didn't think of the backlash that they would receive from it because to them it was just going to be a simple childrens birthday party

And just for the record I'd never throw my kids a cowboys and indians party

No, you're wrong.

Natives were the first slaves not just in this country, but in this entire half of the world. We were shipped back to Spain beginning in 1493 in untold numbers. We were enslaved, raped, tortured, maimed, killed, long before the first African in bondage had ever set foot on our soil. Entire nations of us were eradicated like animals in the way of "progress".

The look of our people is not a joke. It's not a caricature. It's not a costume to be thrown on at will. Just as items from our African heritage brings along with the pain and suffering of a people, the same holds true for Native American dress. That's our struggle being casually thrown around as if it doesn't matter.

Shit ain't the same as dressing up as a rapper.

You're conflating a whole bunch of shit there. No one at all tried to compare the struggles, enslavement, and oppression of the two groups, so why did you even bring that up? This topic isn't about any of that.

The people at that party were not celebrating or referencing any of that shit. They also weren't wearing trumped up Native costumes. They were wearing Native inspired clothing and other things reflective of Native culture. And parties like that are not unique to Natives. Ever heard of a toga party? Ever heard of a rasta party? Those are the same exact things just with different cultures as the theme. Again, Natives have the right to be offended by this if they want, but stop acting like the act of wearing Native garments is the same as applauding the savagery that was directed towards the Natives in the past because it's not.

question...

if blacks and asians can so casually disregard something that could be considered disrespectful towards native americans, and think it's all fun and games..

are we to believe that white people don't know what they doing when they get caught up in all this "accidental racism"

lKlOQCXdPhOxKsg-800x450-noPad.jpg

dove-irkci-ireklam-00.jpg

image.jpg

are we still buying they ain't realize it was offensive......... or was this different?

question...

if blacks and asians can so casually disregard something that could be considered disrespectful towards native americans, and think it's all fun and games..

are we to believe that white people don't know what they doing when they get caught up in all this "accidental racism"

image.jpg

are we still buying they ain't realize it was offensive......... or was this different?

that was different.gif

question...

image.jpg

Explain to me how any of those pictures is the same as some people in a picture draping themselves with blankets with a Native styled pattern on it. One of those pictures is literally sending out the message that black = dirty and white = clean. What about that B-Day party sent out any kinda overt or implied anti-Native message.

Again, Natives have the right to be offended by this and Kevin should have thought better of it, but why are ya'll insisting on drawing these false parallels?

You're conflating a whole bunch of shit there. No one at all tried to compare the struggles, enslavement, and oppression of the two groups, so why did you even bring that up? This topic isn't about any of that.

The people at that party were not celebrating or referencing any of that shit. They also weren't wearing trumped up Native costumes. They were wearing Native inspired clothing and other things reflective of Native culture. And things like that are not unique to Natives. That is literally no different than dressing in a way than dressing in Hip Hop attire, which would be reflective of a subset Black culture. Again, Natives have the right to be offended by this if they want, but stop acting like the act of wearing Native garments is the same as applauding the savagery that was directed towards the Natives in the past because it's not.

I'm not conflating anything. You're just ignoring the context laid out for you.

Our traditional way of dress carries with it all of the pain and suffering my people have gone through. The land we were murdered for. Our resources taken. Our women raped, our children slain. You don't just throw that on as a costume and make a party out of it. It would be no different than white folks dressed up in African tribal dress and calling it a "Nigger Party"

Last edited:
Explain to me how any of those pictures is the same as some people in a picture draping themselves with blankets with a Native styled pattern on it. One of those pictures is literally sending out the message that black = dirty and white = clean. What about that B-Day party sent out any kinda overt or implied anti-Native message.

Again, Natives have the right to be offended by this and Kevin should have thought better of it, but why are ya'll insisting on drawing these false parallels?
i'm simply curious what's kevin's excuse/explanation..

and if we buy kevin's excuse/explanation, are we willing to buy the excuses/explanation given to us when we see shit online we find offensive......

is it really just an insensitive slip of judgement,

or are people deliberately oppression??

are Kevin hart and his asian wife deliberately oppressing native americans with these insensitive portrayals????

Back