Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or foul? Kevin Hart throwing his son a cowboys and Indians party

So Indians vs Cowboys is not the same as black face?

So the genocide battles between whites and them is not on the level of black face?

zsmsyh.jpg

So Indians vs Cowboys is not the same as black face?

So the genocide battles between whites and them is not on the level of black face?

zsmsyh.jpg

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if you read the OP, the problem being expressed has less to do with the theme of the party making light of the Native American genocide and more to do with the idea that a bunch of people dressing in Native themed attire is analogous to blackface. No, a black person wearing a cloak with a native inspired pattern is not the same as black face any more than a white person wearing a daishiki to a 70s party. It's not about whether what Kevin and his people did was right or wrong, that's simply a bad comparison. I put a pic up of what redface is. That is the Native analog for blackface, and that's not what Kevin did.

Now if the problem is the fact that they were making light of the genocide of the Natives, that's a valid complaint, and that's why almost everyone in here agrees that the party was culturally insensitive.

Niggas in here saying what native Americans should be mad at a and how to take it in reference to what white ppl doing black face.

Y’all are something else

We not telling anybody what to be mad at tho. Its common knowledge this shit is offensive just like when white folks dress like mexicans with ponchos and sombreros. You not really a fan of political correctness tho.

But that's not what was done at the party. What happened at the party would be more akin to having a Hip Hop party where white people went dressed up like rappers or at least in a way that was consistent with Hip Hop culture. Again, I'm not saying that the Natives don't have the right to be offended, but that's not the same as blackface. The thing is, there is a such thing as redface, which actually is analogous to blackface. No one in that pic was in redface.

gty-182953201.jpg

Splitting hairs. While the op aint as bad as blackface its literally one step above it. Like white folks dressing like rappers

Splitting hairs. While the op aint as bad as blackface its literally one step above it. Like white folks dressing like rappers

It's not splitting hairs. Blackface is meant to be offensive. White people dressing like rappers at a themed party isn't offensiveoffensive unless of course they do it in blackface.

Foul. Its the same level as black face. Indians aint a joke they are a people. But niggas dont give a fuck. Niggas still play for the Redskins.
was just about to say something similar

Some people are ignorant to stuff like this and only know when it’s in regards to their own race. I’m sure it was all done innocently. While it is offensive, I don’t think they were thinking that deep into it.

Had they, they probably would’ve reconsidered the theme.

I get why Native Americans would get offended as we would with blackface during Halloween or any other time. I remember as a kid here in Omaha we would celebrate River City Roundup. Shit was disrespectful to me even then seeing cacs with redface and war paint looking like Zack Morris every year smh
0BEFEF23-D024-4209-BC0A-4ABAC45B0636.jpeg

If the NAs say that shit offensive, then that shit is offensive.

All Kev gotta do is put out a short apology/statement on twitter or whatever... saying how he should’ve known better and will do better and shit will be cool.

A REAL apology, not one of them smug ass “I’m sorry you’re offended” CAC apologies.

It ain’t about SJW or being too PC... just don’t be an asshole. It’s infuriating that people (mostly white folk, but I’m seeing a lot more niggas doin this shit too) don’t get that simple concept when it comes to things like this.

It ain’t about SJW or being too PC... just don’t be an asshole. It’s infuriating that people (mostly white folk, but I’m seeing a lot more niggas doin this shit too) don’t get that simple concept when it comes to things like this.

Again, I don't think anyone here is arguing with that. Most people agree that the NAs have the right to be offended and that Kev probably should have known better. The only real debate has been the comparison to blackface. That said, the article does point out that some of the black people in the Twitter responses were pushing back as if the NAs were wrong, and that's bullshit. Those same people would be bitching if it was a bunch of white people standing around in daishiki's or Hip Hop wear at a "Black" party.

THIS

and even adopting their derisive lingo is foul PC.. SJW are curse words and objects of scorn for those cracker jacks

If the NAs say that shit offensive, then that shit is offensive.

All Kev gotta do is put out a short apology/statement on twitter or whatever... saying how he should’ve known better and will do better and shit will be cool.

A REAL apology, not one of them smug ass “I’m sorry you’re offended” CAC apologies.

Apologize for what. Throwing his kid a party? Apologize to who? Twitter? They seem to be the only ones upset. I haven't heard of any Native American organizations complaining about the party. I wouldn't have that type of party theme simply because my kids aren't interested in cowboys/Indians. But maybe his kid likes it. You really believe Kevin Hart is trying to defame the Native Americans? If he is then what good is an apology?

Back