Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or Foul: Dame Dash gets at Lee Daniels

LMAO at CTG saying "worst part about it is Lee didnt get a chance to hear Diana Ross perform "i'm coming out"

REAL TEARS!!

eh, I'm mixed on this. On one hand, it would be a solid move since Tyler Perry probably has the money. But on the other hand, when you invest in a project, that's one of the risks you face if it fails. You aren't automatically owed that money back when ANOTHER project he created was successful, one you had no part in.

Daniels is grateful Dame Dash decided to shake him down, and is hopeful they can settle out of court, because he agrees in principle that he should repay the $2 million loan Dash gave him in confidence. "This black man gave me money when nobody ... would give me money. He did it," said Lee Daniels in utter regret. "We're gonna squash it -- and I feel good about it, he needs it right now and I'm happy to help him, 'cause he was helping me."

Daniels is grateful Dame Dash decided to shake him down, and is hopeful they can settle out of court, because he agrees in principle that he should repay the $2 million loan Dash gave him in confidence. "This black man gave me money when nobody ... would give me money. He did it," said Lee Daniels in utter regret. "We're gonna squash it -- and I feel good about it, he needs it right now and I'm happy to help him, 'cause he was helping me."
Niggas..........how u helping a nigga by paying him what u owe

There's a video, i'll try to post on here with homie talkin about it. He's sayin it was an investment not a loan.

Lee Daniels a sneak dissing ass nigga.

Man he a bitch ass nigga like nigga you knew better.

You don't give anyone this amount of money without an iron clad contract in place. Dame being stupid with his money is why he's in the position he's in now.

Dame already took him to court in the past and won a judgment. And Dame better collect interest on that 2 mill too.

Fuck you mean "foul?"

Once that amount goes past 100K....EVERYTHING is fair game.

If Dame lent out 30K, we would be like "30K is a lot to us but Dam got that so, she should've just eaten that."

Not MILLIONS. Unless you Warren Buffet, or Bill Gates, or Jeff Bezos, you ain't just eating $2M. Fuck THAT. Go get that shit off of GP.

Not long after posting a video where he confronted director Lee Daniels about the $2 million he is allegedly owed, Dame Dash has now hit the Empire executive producer with a $5 million lawsuit for fraud.

According to a report from Deadline, the Roc-A-Fella Records co-founder is now suing Daniels after the director promised to make him the executive producer for a Richard Pryor biopic, along with five percent of Daniels' backend profits for the film but then exited the deal.

Dash's complaint claims that he and his lawyers attempted to work out a deal with Daniels but were unable to. ā€œIn response, Defendants, through their counsel, offered non-comparable alternative consideration and thinly-veiled threats," the court documents read.

The hip-hop mogul also recently spoke with TMZ Live on Wednesday (June 27) to offer more details about the situation. According to Dame, he originally lent Daniels money for the 2004 film The Woodsman. While Dash made his money back for that movie, he wasn't paid back for the money he loaned Daniels for his 2005 directorial debut, Shadowboxer.

"The movie ended up costing more, like 10 million, other investors had to get in it and I lost control. I didn't get my money back," Dash told TMZ. "This is what I consider a 'culture vulture'ā€”someone that takes from the culture... and exploits the culture on subject matters about the culture."

Dash added that he tried to work things out with Daniels, speaking on the phone with him, but say the director continues to lie to him.

Back