Welcome To aBlackWeb

Extroverts, Explain To Me Like Im Five

Good Post. @Alle'Oop

Since the covid-19 quarantine period, I've been telling my friends and relatives that i'm an introvert and every single one of them just dismiss it.

All because i can articulate myself very well and being a good communicator and orator is one of my noticeable skills.

I proactively broach topics amongst friends, associates and even with recent acquaintances especially concerning behaviours or people they bring around me that i perceive could lead to a negative impact on me.

Also, interacting with women as always come easy for me and I'm comfortable handling myself if threatened, so all theses lead to everyone overlooking my introvert tendencies and preferences.

I prefer being indoors than outdoors. House parties to nightclubs. I don't like standing out in a group setting when outdoors, although i invariably do because i'm reticent and when i do speak it's substantive.

I'm comfortable being alone and i quite enjoy my solitude because i can do things my people might not be comfortable with such as listening to classical or jazz music (i listen to almost all genres), utilising into my personal library rather than watch a tv series (although i watch a few)...

I'm becoming a more private person and I increasingly find it a chore engaging in converse with people that i don't know, because i just don't want to take the time find out if they are a leech or a genuinely caring individual. Hence, the reason why i created a ABW profile late last year but I've only just started posting rather than just giving reactions.

The lurking ain't in me no more.

Last edited:
Imo they experience the same exhilarating feeling bumping into people as introverts do when they finally get home away from those people.

Nobody losing their marbles because they are dying to speak to people. Well not me. That’s a little crazy.

Iono it seems like some people start itching like Pookie when I they have no one to exchange energy with. Honestly, I feel like a bit of people that are very extroverted need to be distracted from themselves and need the energy and attention of others. Some people can't stand solitude and being alone because they can't stand their damn selves lol

Honestly I find people and social behavior to often be too heavily influenced by petty things and too easily shifted to really value heavily in my mind. I'm not a hermit nor anti social but I'm definitely on introverted side for many reasons. I feel like a heavily regulated small circle is one of the keys to a peaceful life.

One of my boys is one of those stereotypical extroverts.

If he can't find someone to chill with he'll go by himself. Staying home drains him.

MF could be tired from work or something but the second he hits the streets he's powered up with energy.

That last part I envy tho.

If he can't find someone to chill with he'll go by himself. Staying home drains him.

MF could be tired from work or something but the second he hits the streets he's powered up with energy.

My boy who got ADHD is like this

My family hates how I will be charged up to do shit, be half way into doing it then be like..aight yall.

Lol..I think chi city said the same thing about me leaving the podcast after we were done

Iono it seems like some people start itching like Pookie when I they have no one to exchange energy with. Honestly, I feel like a bit of people that are very extroverted need to be distracted from themselves and need the energy and attention of others. Some people can't stand solitude and being alone because they can't stand their damn selves lol

My son's mom is like that. She's been dying a slow death since April.

What is it in you that drives your desire to speak to people? I'm an introvert, but not because I lack confidence to speak to others. Speaking to and with others feels like more of a chore than fun. How is it fun for you? Do you break out in sweats when you havent spoken to someone in an hour?

What drives you to enter a room and spark up a convo with first person you see? What's it like not to play the wall? Explain to me like I'm five..
View attachment 348192
how do you exist ?

honestly you get one life. are you going to spend the majority of it playing the wall? like when youre on your deathbed and look back on your life and think about how many times you played it safe instead grabbing this shit by the horns, you may die with regrets

im friendly (surprisingly) and extremely outgoing. i talk to ppl because im curious to know about others and love discovering things in them, that are in myself.

i really dont care what others think of me, because ppl dont think.

its about confidence, its about making connections with ppl that may last a lifetime.

and no, not everybody has to be outgoing or talkative but if youre playing the wall out of fear and self consciousness, then its time reevaluate

honestly you get one life. are you going to spend the majority of it playing the wall? like when youre on your deathbed and look back on your life and think about how many times you played it safe instead grabbing this shit by the horns, you may die with regrets

im friendly (surprisingly) and extremely outgoing. i talk to ppl because im curious to know about others and love discovering things in them, that are in myself.

i really dont care what others think of me, because ppl dont think.

its about confidence, its about making connections with ppl that may last a lifetime.

and no, not everybody has to be outgoing or talkative but if youre playing the wall out of fear and self consciousness, then its time reevaluate
I think what you just posted is the definitive mindset that defines the motivations I was seeking to understand. Not wanting to be on your deathbed with regrets. The thought process of ...if I dont do this, maybe I will regret it , so ima do it. if I dont talk to this person I might be missing out.

That pretty puts into words the extroverted mindset I think. Where as speaking for my self and not other introverts here. I have gone out of my way to avoid shit in my life not out of fear but because I dont wanna do it. I dont live my life based on regrets. I believe what ever happens was supposed to happen and if I feel compelled to do something I do it.

Where it seems like extroverts seem to not put it in that......bubble, for lack of a better term. It's all or nothing and it wont be nothing cause you dont wanna not know what that nothing is.

Everything I ever wanted, I made happen, everything I ever didnt want happened regardless if I wanted it or not. And I cant think of anything I will regret not doing, otherwise I'd just do it now.

Added to that I might be sort of an asshole for this, but I've met enough people that if I meet you and you remind me of someone I already know. Unless you do something that intrigues me, theres nothing about you that I feel is neccessary for me to care about. And then,if I talk to you, I'm just talking to you cause I feel like talking that day.

No disrespect, i reread that..by you I dont mean you

I wanna come off like im attacking or dissing you, I'm speaking in general

Last edited:
I think what you just posted is the definitive mindset that defines the motivations I was seeking to understand. Not wanting to be on your deathbed with regrets. The thought process of ...if I dont do this, maybe I will regret it , so ima do it. if I dont talk to this person I might be missing out.

That pretty puts into words the extroverted mindset I think. Where as speaking for my self and not other introverts here. I have gone out of my way to avoid shit in my life not out of fear but because I dont wanna do it. I dont live my life based on regrets. I believe what ever happens was supposed to happen and if I feel compelled to do something I do it.

Where it seems like extroverts seem to not put it in that......bubble, for lack of a better term. It's all or nothing and it wont be nothing cause you dont wanna not know what that nothing is.

Everything I ever wanted, I made happen, everything I ever didnt want happened regardless if I wanted it or not. And I cant think of anything I will regret not doing, otherwise I'd just do it now.

how when you essentially live in a bubble?

nah im mad different tho. my life is fuller because of the connections ive made with others. im glad i reached out and touched somebodys handdd

how when you essentially live in a bubble?
In a way..you are right, but its cause I know what I want. And what I want, I want in the bubble with me, and what I dont want. I absolutely dont want. I don't need to know what it's like, or what it is. I don't need to experience personally what I've witnessed , didnt like, and personally dont want for myself

also i like your thinking here @Alle'Oop

ever took up philosophy?
Only in college, I'm trying to figure out a comfortable outlet for myself to share musings and shit with others. Started to do a podcast with someone I know but I got bored with it, did a blog and got bored with it, started to write a book and got bored with it. I'm thinking of creating a comic book character and just use the musing with the story. But I'm procrastinating..thought of doing a youtube , but what it's become has turned me off. When I find the right fix, ima be there wit it.

nah im mad different tho. my life is fuller because of the connections ive made with others. im glad i reached out and touched somebodys handdd
Lol..I respect where you are comin from at the same time I cant fathom how it feels

Only in college, I'm trying to figure out a comfortable outlet for myself to share musings and shit with others. Started to do a podcast with someone I know but I got bored with it, did a blog and got bored with it, started to write a book and got bored with it. I'm thinking of creating a comic book character and just use the musing with the story. But I'm procrastinating..thought of doing a youtube , but what it's become has turned me off. When I find the right fix, ima be there wit it.

Lol..I respect where you are comin from at the same time I cant fathom how it feels

yes! find something because your throughts have always been fun to read. a blog wasnt a bad idea

Back