Welcome To aBlackWeb

Extroverts, Explain To Me Like Im Five

ImaInfluenza

Who do you think you are? I am
What is it in you that drives your desire to speak to people? I'm an introvert, but not because I lack confidence to speak to others. Speaking to and with others feels like more of a chore than fun. How is it fun for you? Do you break out in sweats when you havent spoken to someone in an hour?

What drives you to enter a room and spark up a convo with first person you see? What's it like not to play the wall? Explain to me like I'm five..
tenor (23).gif
how do you exist ?

What is it in you that drives your desire to speak to people? I'm an introvert, but not because I lack confidence to speak to others. Speaking to and with others feels like more of a chore than fun. How is it fun for you? Do you break out in sweats when you havent spoken to someone in an hour?

What drives you to enter a room and spark up a convo with first person you see? What's it like not to play the wall? Explain to me like I'm five..
View attachment 348192
how do you exist ?

Kandi sipping tea clip.gif

Bill Cosby clip.gif

I’m an extrovert but not friendly. I don’t go in to rooms sparking conversations, even though I have and could. I usually will talk when talked to.

in other words, I’m outgoing which means I’m not shy to speak or do things. When I walk in a room, I go sit somewhere where I can be alone. Do you know what alone means? Yes yes, by myself. I go sit by myself so I can scan the room or get a feel. Scan the room means look around. Get a feel means to see what’s going on, see how people are acting.

So even though I love to talk, I’m not a super friendly person. I go in rooms and sit by myself trying to see what’s going on in the room. I’ll talk when talked too. If not, I’ll sit there by myself quiet.

I’m an extrovert but not friendly. I don’t go in to rooms sparking conversations, even though I have and could. I usually will talk when talked to.

in other words, I’m outgoing which means I’m not shy to speak or do things. When I walk in a room, I go sit somewhere where I can be alone. Do you know what alone means? Yes yes, by myself. I go sit by myself so I can scan the room or get a feel. Scan the room means look around. Get a feel means to see what’s going on, see how people are acting.

So even though I love to talk, I’m not a super friendly person. I go in rooms and sit by myself trying to see what’s going on in the room. I’ll talk when talked too. If not, I’ll sit there by myself quiet.
Whats that desire to talk to others feel like? Actually wanting to go somewhere with the intention of purposely going there to speak to strangers?

tenor (4).gif

Whats that desire to talk to others feel like? Actually wanting to go somewhere with the intention of purposely going there to speak to strangers?
It’s not a desire. It’s not an urge. It doesn’t make me sweat to not talk to stranger. It doesn’t make me feel anyway if I’m not speaking to a stranger.

I don’t get those feelings. I actually don’t like talking to random people. If they speak first, then I will talk.

I also don’t like attention like that. That’s another reason, I try not to speak.

It’s not a desire. It’s not an urge. It doesn’t make me sweat to not talk to stranger. It doesn’t make me feel anyway if I’m not speaking to a stranger.

I don’t get those feelings. I actually don’t like talking to random people. If they speak first, then I will talk.
I think you fall more in the sociable bag than extrovert bag

A good cheat code for introverts who want to strike up a convo is to ask a single question. That’s all it really takes to get an extrovert going. Gotta do it your own way.

C23CA108-F16A-4F19-9FAD-10FA9123113E.jpeg

For me to talk with people, I have to do all the things that come unnatural to me. I have to be "normal", I have to care about "normal" things, like iPhones, shoes, and cars. I have to monitor my facial expression to make it appear like I care about what I'm hearing, and I have to be mentally aware because I lack tact. These things to me are work, so I'm much better with people that know where my heart lie, so they overlook my non sociable traits. And its feels less like work

But the thing is, if I care enough, I would work on those things to eliminate them and become more social, but the desire to be social for me is so small that the passion to do better doesnt exist.

So it's like, there is a desire for social interactions in extroverts that makes them assimilate into social norms to have social interactions. Its that desire that intrigues me..

Like @Hundredeyes said, to him it's like the kid in him is the kid in everyone, what that desire like to you @Loquacious, and everyone else?

It’s not a desire for me. I don’t just go in somewhere with a desire to want to speak to people. I don’t monitor my facial expressions when talking because I don’t care enough. I don’t necessarily care about half the shit I talk about honestly, I just talk. Honestly, I don’t care about this conversation right now, I’m just doing it because I’m bored and ain’t got shit else to do right now and you keep responding.

Back