Welcome To aBlackWeb

ESPN's Booger McFarland takes 'African American' NFL players to task amid Dwayne Haskins saga

Based on this article that came out months ago Haskins was never really going to get a fair shake from the Washington OC

With him not playing well and the off field issues it just made the decision that much easier

I get it. I really do.

But from what I seen from college to his play in the pros.

I just didn’t see what they can build off to make him better

I get it. I really do.

But from what I seen from college to his play in the pros.

I just didn’t see what they can build off to make him better

If he goes somewhere else and is still trash I’ll happily write him off

I saw some good things from him in college

If he goes somewhere else and is still trash I’ll happily write him off

I saw some good things from him in college

That’s where we differ. I didn’t see what he did in college being that great. His numbers was great but still.

That’s where we differ. I didn’t see what he did in college being that great. His numbers was great but still.

I really just remember thinking he looked better in that offense than Barrett, who was what I would personally consider trash

Last edited:
So Haskins is the one to spoil the bunch for the other black men in the league? The fuck out of here.

So he’s gonna gloss over many players like, Larry Fitzgerald, Teddy Bridgewater, Alvin Kamara etc that show up and play well for their team without being all about their “brand”.

So, why didn't they bring up Johnny Fuck-Up, Ryan Leaf, hell even the Boz to refute the color shit?

I swear when the narrative is negative against black men, as long as other black men are spearheading it, they don't give a fuck.

Last edited:
Don't have a problem with anything he said.

yeah my 1st inclination is to say Booger was cooning.........

but I think (I'm hoping) that he only focused on the Black players in this instance cuz the overall scrutiny is on us more

in the context of a community, there aren't many jobs like that available to Black men that offer u that kind of life changing money

so knowing just how many of us are struggling in comparison to others, it's especially disheartening to see one of us blow an opportunity

I'm a WFT fan and I'm happy he's outta there, but I still want to see cuzzo land on his feet somewhere

I was more pissed off at his performance on the field vs. the other shit

and I like RIvera but I think he never gave Haskins a real chance (prob cuz of the team owner's influence like shanahan and RG3)

I mean I get what he's saying. But his issue wit them worrying about their brand, is what i agree wit what Omars said...

He said black players make up 75% if what he was saying is factual, most teams would be sorry as shit.

This is a case of tunnel vision. Every player in the league is thinking about their brand, as they should be. Nfl careers don't last that long and really don't pay that much in comparison to other sports.

Yes, they worryin about their brand. B/c they know at ANY given moment, their careers can end. All it takes a tackle, a landing, how they plant their feet, etc etc. And Booger knows that. So yes...these players are thinkin about themselves...but their families as well. They gotta think about life w/o football. B/c majority of these owners don't give a damn about them. And them contracts should be written on toilet tissue.

The reason why he feels this way, is b/c he knows black qb's are put under more scrutiny than their white counterparts. A lot of them don't get the opportunity to play qb in the NFL, like they did in college. Especially the athletic types.

I mean hell...these muthafuccas wanted Lamar to switch torunning back...wr...one of them positions. Can't remember. They see an athletic black qb...a lot of these NFL teams aren't thinking qb 1st. So when one is drafted to play qb for a team...then yes folks in our community are gonna hold them to a higher standard. B/c we want them to succeed. We don't want them to do anything that'll give anybody outside of us a reason to say "See...that's why these black players can't play the qb position".

Haskins fucc'd up tho. Hopefully he learns from this...matures...and becomes better player.

Last edited:
So he's "wrong" for talking to the young black players on the white TV station?

Why does he have to mention the white players who fuck up when they nor their fuck ups have anything to do with him or his community?

The I Am an Athlete podcast had a good conversation about this and I cant say McFarland really said or did anything wrong here imo.....Haskins for the most part put himself in this position to begin with...and that's the bigger problem here.

I mean I get what he's saying. But his issue wit them worrying about their brand, is what i agree wit what Omars said...

Yes, they worryin about their brand. B/c they know at ANY given moment, their careers can end. All it takes a tackle, a landing, how they plant their feet, etc etc. And Booger knows that. So yes...these players are thinkin about themselves...but their families as well. They gotta think about life w/o football. B/c majority of these owners don't give a damn about them. And them contracts should be written on toilet tissue.

The reason why he feels this way, is b/c he knows black qb's are put under more scrutiny than their white counterparts. A lot of them don't get the opportunity to play qb in the NFL, like they did in college. Especially the athletic types.

I mean hell...these muthafuccas wanted Lamar to switch torunning back...wr...one of them positions. Can't remember. They see an athletic black qb...a lot of these NFL teams aren't thinking qb 1st. So when one is drafted to play qb for a team...then yes folks in our community are gonna hold them to a higher standard. B/c we want them to succeed. We don't want them to do anything that'll give anybody outside of us a reason to say "See...that's why these black players can't play the qb position".

Haskins fucc'd up tho. Hopefully he learns from this...matures...and becomes better player.

Part of their quote/unquote..............."brand"................should also be not doing dumb shit to get kicked out of the league.

That's what a lot of these athletes don't get.

Booger was just trying to keep it 100 with these clowns because he doesn't want to see them ruin their career over something stupid.

Back