Welcome To aBlackWeb

ESPN's Booger McFarland takes 'African American' NFL players to task amid Dwayne Haskins saga

#1hiphopjunki3

Go Spurs Go!!

I figure this should be an interesting thread topic for folks on here to have a discussion about.

The funniest thing about the article that I read is it's written by a white guy and he points out that it's plenty of white players who had the same mindset and washed out hella quick in the NFL. Below is an excerpt from Yahoo columnist Jason Ownes on the ropic

"Names that didn’t come up in his rant include Johnny Manziel, Ryan Leaf, Paxton Lynch and Jake Locker —other notable quarterback busts who obviously don’t meet his stated criteria for criticism on Monday.

The media game is a lot about gaining attention for what you write or say. Hot takes abound because they’re good for business. McFarland paused for a moment on Monday, interjecting “I’m gonna go ahead,” before diving in to his fiery take.

And he’s bound to get some attention on Tuesday, whether he likes it or not."

I'm not really sure why he's singling out the black kids. All the younger generation does that. Sure the black kids in the sport might shine more but that's largely because they are the bigger stars. Those white kids are trying to build a brand too.

I get what he's saying and his sentiment about the players needed to prioritize being good players over building social media brands might be correct, but its fucked up he tried to put that all on the black players as if these white boys aren't coming into the league stinking it up too.

I'm so tired of those damn Baker Mayfield commercials that pop up on Hulu. You would think that dude is a legend in the game given the exposure he gets.

He said black players make up 75% if what he was saying is factual, most teams would be sorry as shit.

This is a case of tunnel vision. Every player in the league is thinking about their brand, as they should be. Nfl careers don't last that long and really don't pay that much in comparison to other sports.

Dumb take

Haskins is just a DMV kid who got drafted by his hometown team, we see guys fail in those situations over and over again because they aren’t able to distance themselves from the people who are constantly trying to use and influence them

He failed because he trash fam

Not his first year

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert and Patrick Queen and Tua and Justing Jefferson all rookies playing good to great in a COVID season.

Coach is not wack

Based on this article that came out months ago Haskins was never really going to get a fair shake from the Washington OC

With him not playing well and the off field issues it just made the decision that much easier

No NFL team had Haskins as a first round grade coming out of OSU due to maturity concerns and his scheme was basic as hell at OSU.

The owner wanted him cuz his son goes to the same high school Haskins attended and fell in love with the hometown kid idea to sell tickets.

Nobody from the previous regime that Haskins was worth the 15th overall pick.

He could have shut them up with his play but hey all the concerns teams had he proved them right by not studying the playbook, being the last one in the first to leave

Back