Welcome To aBlackWeb

ESPN: The Last Dance ('98 Bulls Doc)

Fab Five
This Magic Moment
Bad Boys
Winning Time

Once Brothers was also great and better than all the ones you listed outside of the Fab Five documentary to me.

Shit...... Once Brothers is the best 30 for 30 outside of OJ Simpson's documentary in my opinion

I understand what alot of folks are saying when it comes to not interviewing everyone who knew or played with Michael Jordan and the Bulls during his career.

The documentary definitely would've been a whole lot more in depth and interesting if they had interviewed and aired comments from his ex wife though. She could've given alot of informative takes on his competitiveness/gambling, how his coping with adversity on the court bled over into their personal life, as well as how he dealt with the loss of his father.

Also as much as people laughed at @Mister B. About the Craig Hodges comments it would've been interesting to have him talk about his mindset going to the White House after they won and how Michael Jordan not going effected the teams mindset. They could've delved a bit deeper into the criticism Jordan received for not being vocal on political or social issues back then to give that one segment they did even more pop. So, showing and talking about Hodges getting black balled from the league and Michael's thought process on that would've been interesting also.

Jordan on the low does alot of good things and has given a decent amount of minorities jobs so maybe touching a bit more on that would've good to learn about also.

A decent amount of this stuff they showed (95%) I already knew due to my age and being a huge NBA fan so I was kind of disappointed with this documentary. When I heard that Michael was afraid of what people would think of him after this documentary I thought they really were going to show and talk about alot of his flaws and past mistakes but this pretty much was a propaganda piece. LMAO. I get it though, Jordan was smart enough to get final editing rights and he showed enough stuff to prove he is flawed but didn't let the people know too much.

I enjoyed the documentary and I appreciated it even more with no sports being played at this time but this had potential to be great and it kind of under delivered in my opinion

Why everybody want to drag all the salacious shit from Jordan’s personal life into the doc? This was focused mainly on basketball and the business of basketball. Even when they brought up gambling and politics, it was more so in relation to Jordan‘s competitiveness and business, respectively.

Facts.

They expect EVERY detail to be crammed into an hour series...

"Why didn't they discussed Jordan's diet?"

"What brand cigars did he smoke the most?"

"They showed Rodman & Carmen Elektra...but why didn't they show Madonna & Pippen?"

"Is the Craig Hodges & Horace Grant doc droppin on FS1 or PBS?"

Why everybody want to drag all the salacious shit from Jordan’s personal life into the doc? This was focused mainly on basketball and the business of basketball. Even when they brought up gambling and politics, it was more so in relation to Jordan‘s competitiveness and business, respectively.

My comments/suggestions I posted (in my opinion) would've magnified his on court accomplishments even more because it wouldn't have glossed over the adversities like this documentary did. Yes they touched on stuff but they didn't really deep dive in my opinion

“ The fact that Bill Russell and LeBron James and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, or any of the other men in the conversation with Jordan as the greatest, weren’t nearly so cruel to their teammates isn’t entertained. Nor is the fact that very few of the transcendent stars in other sports felt the need to be such domineering colleagues, either. The possibility doesn’t seem to even occur to Jordan that he, and by extension the team he bent to his will, was great in spite of a consuming need to win that sometimes made him reckless.

If Michael Jordan has anything to do with it, we will never get a full and complete accounting of his life. One that actually acknowledges his marriages; that offers more than a cameo to his children; that delves deeper into his relationship with his father. Or the fact that he didn’t appear to have any friends beyond people who worked for him or worked with him or were in business with him. We will not get a more comprehensive accounting of Jordan’s career that passes through Jordan himself, and since he seems to have a stranglehold on all of the footage that makes a documentary worthwhile, that seems like a non-starter.”
—————————
Glad I didn’t write this. Wouldn’t want to be labeled as a hater or anything...

Bill Russell played in a white city on a team full of hall of famers was a great leader and them rednecks still broke into his house and shitted in his bed. Besides they was winning every year why would he need to yell at people?

Lebron is a GM in training he don't have to be an asshole he can just have you traded.

Kareem was aloof. Magic was the leader of that team since his second year in the league.

My point is leaders lead in different ways.

Nothing that comes out from the doc is gonna knock him of his throne.

“ The fact that Bill Russell and LeBron James and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, or any of the other men in the conversation with Jordan as the greatest, weren’t nearly so cruel to their teammates isn’t entertained. Nor is the fact that very few of the transcendent stars in other sports felt the need to be such domineering colleagues, either. The possibility doesn’t seem to even occur to Jordan that he, and by extension the team he bent to his will, was great in spite of a consuming need to win that sometimes made him reckless.

If Michael Jordan has anything to do with it, we will never get a full and complete accounting of his life. One that actually acknowledges his marriages; that offers more than a cameo to his children; that delves deeper into his relationship with his father. Or the fact that he didn’t appear to have any friends beyond people who worked for him or worked with him or were in business with him. We will not get a more comprehensive accounting of Jordan’s career that passes through Jordan himself, and since he seems to have a stranglehold on all of the footage that makes a documentary worthwhile, that seems like a non-starter.”
—————————
Look at the dude that wrote the article! He look like he was picked on his whole life and never played sports lol. Guess he didnt watch Kobe's "muse" doc. It was damn near the same doc. Dude basically asking for a 30 part series , why do we need to know about his kids or marriages?( anyone ever thought that MAYBE juanita didnt want to be involved?, I mean people actually mad she wasnt on the doc saying yeah Mike use to cry on my shoulder and I'd tell him use your step back jumper next time )

—————————
Why is anyone owed a full accounting of Jordan’s life?!

The hubris of these people to think anyone owes them anything.

Anyone that thinks like this is definitely a hater. People hate that Jordan is so great he can tell his own story the way he wants to tell it and ain’t a damn thing they can do about it but complain on the internet, lol.

Losers will never understand the mentality of winners so there’s no point in winners trying to cater to their expectations.

—————————

The fact that folks feel they have a RIGHT to his personal life is a problem. Basketball sure his personal life fuck no and folks need get off that type of shit. Folks are not owed information about famous peoples personal lives.

—————————

But that is some hating shit. First of all, who the fuck cares about his marriages, his children, and how many friend he has? WTF? He was a basketball player. We want to know about the shit that corresponds to basketball.

And yeah, those others weren't as cruel as Jordan. They also weren't in the same position as Jordan. Russell was on a stacked team in a league with 10 teams. Kareem was on one of the league's premier franchises and never really experienced a period where there was no talent on the team. LBJ was in a similar situation to MJ starting out and he bailed despite having arguably more success earlier on. So no, none of those players were assholes like Jordan, but none of them (as far as we know) went through the shit Jordan did and only one of them has won more than Jordan.

MJ is the GOAT period. Call him an asshole, piece of shit, bitch, whatever, but that doesn't change how good he was. More people need to check out that video I posted. It's a MJ vs LBJ video, but it also gives a good case for why he's the GOAT. The analytics argument is crazy. Jordan is basically number 1 in all the most commonly used analytics.

Back