Welcome To aBlackWeb

ESPN: The Last Dance ('98 Bulls Doc)

My final takeaways from the shit:

1. Jerry Krause deserved WAY more credit than he got then or is getting now. He was an amazing talent evaluator and overall GM.

2. At some point over the next year, Scott Burrell has GOTTA pull up on Mike.

3. I never thought 'Bron was better than Mike. I lived through the Mike era and it's always been clear to me. But I thought there was a convo to be had. There is no convo to be had.

4. Mike was OD disrespectful to Krause and that shit shouldn't have been allowed to continue.

5. STRANGE TAKE MAYBE: This doc is gonna either elevate or deflate the legacy of Kobe Bryant, depending on who you talk to.

My final takeaways from the shit:

1. Jerry Krause deserved WAY more credit than he got then or is getting now. He was an amazing talent evaluator and overall GM.

2. At some point over the next year, Scott Burrell has GOTTA pull up on Mike.

3. I never thought 'Bron was better than Mike. I lived through the Mike era and it's always been clear to me. But I thought there was a convo to be had. There is no convo to be had.

4. Mike was OD disrespectful to Krause and that shit shouldn't have been allowed to continue.

5. STRANGE TAKE MAYBE: This doc is gonna either elevate or deflate the legacy of Kobe Bryant, depending on who you talk to.
People that say Lebron is better think like this:

8CB45330-8C92-40DC-9233-8FA3687E75FD.jpeg

Pure numbers and stats mean nothing. Jordan was able to Will his team to wine unlike anyone else. You think Jordan on those Lebron teams don’t win?

People that say Lebron is better think like this:

View attachment 283118

Pure numbers and stats mean nothing. Jordan was able to Will his team to wine unlike anyone else. You think Jordan on those Lebron teams don’t win?

I don't wanna do this, B. Lol. But you brought it up, so fuck it:

You remove Lebron with MJ on that first Cavs team, not only are they not making the finals, they might not get out of the first round.That's not an indictment of mike or a praise of Lebron. It's just a reflection of how vastly different they are as players.

But I'd appreciate it if you didn't even reply, cu we about to go down a needless rabbit hole. Lol. Cu we both agree that Mike is the GOAT. Let's leave it right there.

Im dying at this shit.

Scottie, Jordans #2, the greatest #2 of all time, and the guy Jordan didnt win without barely got any time airtime, and then not only does Kerr get a whole 15 minutes, they even got his moms on there.

Mike a cold mfer.

I mean Michael's dad getting shot was a big part of the story. What are the chances that he had another teammate, who also had his father shot n killed. Who also just happens to be the coach of a NBA team that recently had a dynasty of their own. Also, they knew it was gonna shock alotta people. I mean who follows Steve Kerr close enough to know that story. But to your point, pip got shit on alot during this hahaha

I don't wanna do this, B. Lol. But you brought it up, so fuck it:

You remove Lebron with MJ on that first Cavs team, not only are they not making the finals, they might not get out of the first round.That's not an indictment of mike or a praise of Lebron. It's just a reflection of how vastly different they are as players.

But I'd appreciate it if you didn't even reply, cu we about to go down a needless rabbit hole. Lol. Cu we both agree that Mike is the GOAT. Let's leave it right there.

This is such a weak ass take.

Mike wasn't drafted to a Bulls team w/ a bunch of all stars and greats. They were them Lebron Cavs teams. And he still got them to the playoffs year in & year out.

Also the East conference in the 80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EC of the 2000's

I mean Michael's dad getting shot was a big part of the story. What are the chances that he had another teammate, who also had his father shot n killed. Who also just happens to be the coach of a NBA team that recently had a dynasty of their own. Also, they knew it was gonna shock alotta people. I mean who follows Steve Kerr close enough to know that story. But to your point, pip got shit on alot during this hahaha

Personally felt like the Kerr part was way too long

This is such a weak ass take.

Mike wasn't drafted to a Bulls team w/ a bunch of all stars and greats. They were them Lebron Cavs teams. And he still got them to the playoffs year in & year out.

Also the East conference in the 80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EC of the 2000's

The bolded is irrelevant, since I never said that the team wouldn't make the playoffs. I said they would't have gotten to the finals or lileyhave even made it out of the first round. And Mike's first few years, when he was playing with talent that was mediocre...what happened?

First round playoff exit.

What else you got, B?

Back