Welcome To aBlackWeb

Coming Soon Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce, Summer 2024)

Rate Eminem's New "Houdini" Single

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
This reads like a Shadyteam post. Relapse was a Slim Shady album, MMLP2 was Em and Shady converging, and both MTBMBs were like Slim Shady mini movies. Infinite, Recovery and Revival (eww) were his only non Shady albums.

You're talking about the character "slim shady", I'm talking about the style of rhyming.

From SSLP - TES nobody viewed Em as a rapper who just rhymed a bunch of words.

There's a big difference between Lose Yourself and Rap God.

Post 8mile Eminem =

Em hasn't rapped like "Slim Shady" since The Eminem Show and few times on Encore.

I always said Em hasn't rapped the same since Proof died.

He reverted back to his style of rap on Infinite.

On Infinite he showed he can put words together really well, but he had no identity.

He discovered himself as an artist on the Slim Shady EP.

Two different rappers:

Great rapping, no personality

Great rapping with personality:

Then he further developed that personality after the SSEP

^^^ IMO, Any Man is where he hit that groove forreal.

You're talking about the character "slim shady", I'm talking about the style of rhyming.

From SSLP - TES nobody viewed Em as a rapper who just rhymed a bunch of words.

There's a big difference between Lose Yourself and Rap God.

Post 8mile Eminem =

Em definitely has songs of substance since 8 Mile, they're just spread out thinly and hindered by his upgraded rhyme style. Like I personally loved Stepping Stones off Kamikaze, where he's talking about the break up of D12. He can still tell a good story, but like I said earlier he doesn't have too many stories to tell so he does that word soup shit with celebrities and whatever else he can come up with. Even with Rap God there's jewels here and there (that "I make elevating music, you make elevator music" part had a message in it) but you gotta sit thru 5 minutes of rappity rap shit to get to it. You right tho... old Em has been gone since '04 at the latest.

I'm pressing play on the new lp. I liked the last 2. But if he is quitting I'd question why. You don't do much. You sell a ton of records when you drop. Your fans are nuts.
Just drop a lp every few years like he's been doing. I'd milk rap until I die with a fanbase like his

I'm pressing play on the new lp. I liked the last 2. But if he is quitting I'd question why. You don't do much. You sell a ton of records when you drop. Your fans are nuts.
Just drop a lp every few years like he's been doing. I'd milk rap until I die with a fanbase like his

Like other's have said, he's probably just retiring the shady persona. He in his 50s now...can't be rapping about that psychopathic shit anymore and it's his way of telling his stans to stop expecting that from him

I understand you want to be funny but the truth is he did that, I don't know specifically when but he did it like that at least 2 times.
I was being funny, but it’s also True,.Jay Z said he was retiring when he dropped reasonable doubt.

He said he was gonna drop one album and then fall back and then he said he was retiring after the black album

I was being funny, but it’s also True,.Jay Z said he was retiring when he dropped reasonable doubt.

He said he was gonna drop one album and then fall back and then he said he was retiring after the black album

Jay always wanted to retire,his plan was to drop RD and then be CEO full time,but when they got the Def Jam deal he had to keep making albums because the only rapper they had signed was Bleek.

Jay always wanted to retire,his plan was to drop RD and then be CEO full time,but when they got the Def Jam deal he had to keep making albums because the only rapper they had signed was Bleek.
Jay Z was never trying to retire.

Jay had been rapping for yrs trying to get popping.

That nigga used that as a marketing strategy.

Back