Welcome To aBlackWeb

Coming Soon Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce, Summer 2024)

Rate Eminem's New "Houdini" Single

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
View attachment 1319675

I blame all the old heads for putting this
trash as cracker on a pedestal. Saying that he’s the best of the best and can’t nobody fuck with him in a rap battle, or saying he’s one the best lyricist of all time. Seriously if this was anybody else, we would have been clowning them. This shit is straight ass juice.
I will hold myself accountable. It was the multisyllables, bro.

Terrible beat and hook. That’s what killed it but that’s what his singles are.. this is actually prob his worst one. But I don’t expect the whole album to be like this… he said summer, so July? Aug?

this is actually prob his worst one

nah Just Lose It was and is still the WOAT

but it is stunning to see him go back to this dry-ass well 20 years later

dude really can't think of any other lead single idea other than namechecking celebrities over a goofy cartoon beat

View attachment 1319675

I blame all the old heads for putting this
trash as cracker on a pedestal. Saying that he’s the best of the best and can’t nobody fuck with him in a rap battle, or saying he’s one the best lyricist of all time. Seriously if this was anybody else, we would have been clowning them. This shit is straight ass juice.

even on those first 3 albums, I always felt he was still falling short of his full potential.

its fucked up, but I will always believe he would've had a far better discography if he never signed with Dre. He coulda had a great underground white boy MC career like Aesop Rock, Apathy, Brother Ali, Vinnie Paz, or any of them Rhymesayer dudes. Or maybe he'd just make 1 weird but interesting album every 4 years while fighting mental health demons like Cage.....

alas

Not really feeling it, some nostalgia in there (though I never liked his 'Without Me' era singles, thats where his style fell off imo) and hes still got that weird flow at times but it was less prominent... Hopefully the album has some tracks where he really goes back to his old style...

Did he also have 3 verses too??? That seems a rarity these days...

Eh…. I understand he wants to lean into the self deprecating “yea I know I’m washed” stuff & try to mix in the fake tough “oh cancel me” shit… but this ain’t it. It’s about what I expected for a Slim Shady type single in 2024. This is the Space Jam 2 of Eminem singles.

Off note, ever notice, if you look back at rap history it seems to repeat itself. Every shift in hiphop, meaning the sound systematically changes from one sound and vibe to another. Every time in the past decades

It’s been after a big rap beef which has followed with a dope, em album. Look it up
👀

This bigger than yall think

I’ll say this tho, Em still capable of making me laugh lyrically even if the video is on that cringe side. The Stans in the comments section on YouTube eating this shit up tho & that’s what this is for IMO.

Back