Welcome To aBlackWeb

Coming Soon Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce, Summer 2024)

Rate Eminem's New "Houdini" Single

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
d570bf2a6ebf32619ecd96365a46ea55.gif

Ether released 2001
The Eminem Show 2002
50 takes over

Second round knock out 1998
Slim shady Lp 1999
Jay Z takes over

He dissed Lauryn Hill multiple times in '99. He dissed Brandy, and her cousin Snoop let him get on stage with him and say the N word. Niggas ain't gonna do shit.

Yea… you talk about me getting shot I’m knocking you out on sight. I don’t see how Em or anyone around him thought this was a good idea.

Even though I’m not fuckin with the single (I never have), I will give this album a shot if he’s actually returning to his old flows and shit.

honestly wish he would just give us a traditional rap album to get black folks back on his side…white people will buy the shit regardless. He needs to appeal to us and not them…legacy wise. Especially if this is his last album.

Eh…. I understand he wants to lean into the self deprecating “yea I know I’m washed” stuff & try to mix in the fake tough “oh cancel me” shit… but this ain’t it. It’s about what I expected for a Slim Shady type single in 2024. This is the Space Jam 2 of Eminem singles.

How much yall think Bron gets paid to tweet shit like this by Interscope

:hahaha:

so who are you predicting to take over this year…or in 2025?
History has shown that whomever it is, is not very popular at that moment. They have an audience, but it’s a core audience. Their break through comes from either an unexpected collaboration with someone who seems so out of place in collabing with them, or whatever song it is. It’s not their normal thing, but it’s so undeniably what music needs. It’s like a breath of fresh air so it’s doesn’t sound like anything else. And, the persona aura or presence is aligned with the opposite of what’s currently popular.

My guess is Childish Gambino

50 and Em -Wanksta- In Da club video

Jay and the hard knock life song

Lil Wayne and his shift in lyrical nature with Go DJ

As examples

Remember, DMXs rise was after the lox and diddy beefed

Master P’s rise was after pac and big died after their beef

Each sound was unique and not what people were used to or expected

But they had a core audience

The Coming-Busta Rhymes

An outlier like Kanye cause you can’t duplicate their sound so they can’t be the wave.

Year after pac died

Back