Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED eminem can’t be the best rapper because he’s not black

test
What is this based on? His flow is immaculate and his wordplay is top level, but that's pretty much where it ends. There's never been any substance to his music. Take away beef, and it's just about bunch of drugs and goofy shit. His catalog sucks. Even most of his fans don't think his latter albums were any good. He can spit for sure, but he doesn't really make good music. There are tons of rappers from his era and before that are better overall artists.
Bro created hiphop terminology for oblivious and obsessed fans. From a wonderfuly written song with a great concept

Hailie’s song is a great song about being a father and man trying to make it, bro don’t got a classical album but he got a lot of meaningful songs, so he can get in that bag. If you feel like em don’t have good music, it’s cause you haven’t listened through his albums.

if your life was on the line and you had to have someone create a top tier song, with substance, world play, intricate flow…em is up there

Bro created hiphop terminology for oblivious and obsessed fans.

Hailie’s song is a great song about being a father and man trying to make it, bro don’t got a classical album but he got a lot of meaningful songs, so he can get in that bag. If you feel like em don’t have good music, it’s cause you haven’t listened through his albums.

if your life was on the line and you had to have someone create a top tier song, with substance, world play, intricate flow…em is up there

lol No. I would never choose Em for that.

lol No. I would never choose Em for that.
I would, him, Lupe, 3K, Kendrick

Some dudes, only meaningful substantive music they can make is about being black in America. Placed in any other bag where they gotta go substance, their lyrics get real simplistic. Concepts be real elementary

I would, him, Lupe, 3K, Kendrick

Some dudes, only meaningful substantive music they can make is about being black in America. Placed in any other bag where they gotta go substance, their lyrics get real simplistic.

Bruh, Hailie's Song isn't some complex songwriting masterpiece. It's a decent song and it has good meaning but that's about it. I can't think of a single song from Em that puts him in the same lane as the three you just named.

Jay elec
Hov
Nas
Krit
Killer Mike
Cole
Tyler
Mos
Common
Black thought
Ye
JID
Facemobb

Feel free to add on. Em would have you one dead ass sunovabitch against the lot of them.

You're dying 3 times on 1 song.

Em's most substantive song is what? Cleaning out my closet? Some song about Ronnie or Kim, maybe Hailey? He made pop records dissing pop stars man. Talked shit about the women in his life and about his drug usage. And when that failed he made stadium anthems that were all lesser versions of Lose Yourself. Like it ain't that serious man.

You're dying 3 times on 1 song.

Em's most substantive song is what? Cleaning out my closet? Some song about Ronnie or Kim, maybe Hailey? He made pop records dissing pop stars man. Talked shit about the women in his life and about his drug usage. And when that failed he made stadium anthems that were all lesser versions of Lose Yourself. Like it ain't that serious man.

Like I said, a lot of these dudes, the only thing of substance to them is being a broke black man

Like prodigy said, that ain’t pain, that’s emotions, you a bitch

Add prodigy to that list by the way

And I’m not calling other niggaz wack, I’m just saying Em is lyrically, and flow wise head and shoulders above a lot of people. Plus he can create great concepts that aint just the typical shit. Having listening to hiphop for 20 plus years, I appreciate it.

We can hit the verzuz Em versus the field. You gonna die 18 to 19 times depending. Substantive music is not what Em does and on some level you gotta know that.

"Don't shoot the messenger" does not apply to Dr. Umar. Nothing he's said has held any weight ever since he tried to be the Black Ms Frizzle.

Sidebar: I been got tired of having these discussions. I got war wounds from the IC to this day. Em is fire, period. Anything else being said in either direction is why track 3 off the MMLP exists.

Eminem is able to fool a lot of people musically and that’s because for what it’s worth? He’s a great rap technician. Which is where the disdain comes in because that alone does not a great rapper make. He doesn’t really step outside of his comfort zone musically. Most often, Marshall isn’t saying anything. He just says what he says in a nice sounding way. He isn’t really a swaggerful kind of rapper. So I can’t imagine him consistently killing soulful tracks. Songs like Heart Of The City? Could never hear him on that.

Back