Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED eminem can’t be the best rapper because he’s not black

test
Eminem isn't the GOAT because he's not the GOAT. It has nothing to do with his race. In fact, bringing up his race to discredit him from being the GOAT is weird since he's not routinely mentioned for that title.

It's like saying Justin Timberlake
ain't the GOAT R&B singer because he's not black. His non- blackness is beside the point

A lot of this comes down to relatability and ignorance.

The average white person gonna relate to Em music more than a Jay or Biggie.

But if they're listening for more than relatability and actually appreciate the art, they couldn't put him at number one objectively.

Especially anything he dropped after Eminem Show 🤮🤮🤮

If he would've stayed away from the gimmick rap he'd be less popular, but would probably have a more respectable discography.

If he was black and sounded the same and rapped with the same cadence we would have never heard of that nigga.

Is he skilled? No doubt but he was ultimately just a gimmick that worked.

He gave white people that were casuals, fetishized blacks, or just straight disliked black people an entry point into conversations they had no business in.

The great white hype.
Facts. Before Dre if Em would've stuck to his sound on Infinite he'd just be another back pack rapper with MAYBE a "cult following".

Ask any white person who is the goat they will say Eminem with the quickness but will struggle to give you the next 4.
I've met some of those and 50 is usually ranked right there after Em lmao. If they went n copped Yayo first album on release date run and never look back.

DMX and Pac are my GOATs.

This is ONLY for those who say Eminem doesn’t have the discography to be the GOAT: using that same logic, why is Biggie widely considered the GOAT?

Biggie is considered the Goat by a lot of people because of what he did in such a short period of time,Party and Bullshit was his first commercial release(1993). He died in 97,look what he did in just 4 years !!. Same goes for Pac,his first album(1991) he died in 96,a 5 year career,that's insane !

Em gets brought up and the knee pads come out. Umar of all people, the fuckin Mysterio of the black community.
Mofos claim Em a goat but none of his albums compare to what we consider classics. He gets sympathy more than anything because he respects and shows love to our goats.
Em fans can't even spit a classic verse off the top. FOH.
But, but he's battle tested. This fool was beefin with pop stars and Moby. LMAO.
Ja smoked this dude with one line.
Hold up. Didn't Borat put his ass in this mofo face at that awards show? This y'all goat?

:hahaha:

Eminem isn't the GOAT because he's not the GOAT. It has nothing to do with his race. In fact, bringing up his race to discredit him from being the GOAT is weird since he's not routinely mentioned for that title.

It's like saying Justin Timberlake
ain't the GOAT R&B singer because he's not black. His non- blackness is beside the point
He's acknowledged himself that race is why his albums moved the way they moved.

It's indisputalble. If Eminem or Taylor swift were black we would have never heard their music. They only get it off cause there's large pockets of people that feel relatable. You don't hear them outside.

And Justin Timberlake ain't the goat of r&b lol tf. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I don’t see the issue with what he said.
1 it’s an opinion
2 if white people invented basketball and they want to say MJ or LBJ is the best, cool that’s on them.
That don’t mean black ppl gotta say Em is the best. We don’t have to put him up there. And what makes him the best? Numbers and sales?

Reactions: GNS
He's acknowledged himself that race is why his albums moved the way they moved.

It's indisputalble. If Eminem or Taylor swift were black we would have never heard their music. They only get it off cause there's large pockets of people that feel relatable. You don't hear them outside.

And Justin Timberlake ain't the goat of r&b lol tf. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

lol That's the whole point. We all know Justin Timberlake isn't the GOAT of R&B, so the fact that he's white is beyond the point.

The only people I've ever heard call Eminem the GOAT are white people who don't listen to Hip Hop. Their opinions don't matter, so this is a moot discussion.

Em gets brought up and the knee pads come out. Umar of all people, the fuckin Mysterio of the black community.
Mofos claim Em a goat but none of his albums compare to what we consider classics. He gets sympathy more than anything because he respects and shows love to our goats.
But, but he's battle tested. This fool was beefin with pop stars and Moby. LMAO.
Hold up. Didn't Borat put his ass in this mofo face at that awards show? This y'all goat?

Lol @ Ja though

shocked-laughing.gif

lol That's the whole point. We all know Justin Timberlake isn't the GOAT of R&B, so the fact that he's white is beyond the point.
JT race doesn't come into play cause he's nice. He's actually really great at what he does and had pedigree before going solo. We knew his body.

Eminem was a gimmick from jump. What stuck out was that he was average looking whiteboy that could go. We never saw that before. White people flocked to it like it was phenomena and that propelled his sales.

I was there in middle school when he popped. I was there after 8 mile in high school. White kids idolized him.

To say race doesn't have anything to do with where he's at is hilarious.

JT race doesn't come into play cause he's nice. He's actually really great at what he does and had pedigree before going solo. We knew his body.

Eminem was a gimmick from jump. What stuck out was that he was average looking whiteboy that could go. We never saw that before. White people flocked to it like it was phenomena and that propelled his sales.

I was there in middle school when he popped. I was there after 8 mile in high school. White kids idolized him.

To say race doesn't have anything to do with where he's at is hilarious.

You're arguing a point I never made. I'm not talking about race's impact on his prominence. I'm saying race has nothing to do with him not being a GOAT candidate. He's not on that level period, so it's unnecessary to bring up his race to try and disqualify him from consideration.

You're arguing a point I never made. I'm not talking about race's impact on his prominence. I'm saying race has nothing to do with him not being a GOAT candidate. He's not on that level period, so it's unnecessary to bring up his race to try and disqualify him from consideration.

You might not put him on that level but many people do so there's a conversation to be had.

Biggie is considered the Goat by a lot of people because of what he did in such a short period of time,Party and Bullshit was his first commercial release(1993). He died in 97,look what he did in just 4 years !!. Same goes for Pac,his first album(1991) he died in 96,a 5 year career,that's insane !
I hear you. Im just saying, those cats who are saying Em isn’t the goat because he doesn’t have a long enough catalog when others considered to be GOAT don’t. That’s a lame ass excuse. I rather people keep it a buck and say they don’t fuck with his music. There’s a lot of reasons to why he isn’t the goat. Just don’t say catalog because there’s folx with smaller catalogs who are definitely are GOAT status.

Back