Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Elon Musk Purchases Twitter for $41.39 billion, Elon becomes first person ever to lose $200 Billion Dollars

test
Lmao I never said any of this bro. I don't have to ask u shit lol.

U actin like them people.

Then what was your exhibit a supposed to mean? I'm not acting like anything other than someone who has noticed a clear pattern on the things you defend and the examples you use. And they don't tend to make you look like you're as neutral or unable to be influenced by media as you think.

Then what was your exhibit a supposed to mean?
That tweet had nothing to do with your problem with that guy. Yet you're saying no one should listen to anything he has to say, bc of some other shit he's done, that again, has nothing to do with the tweet itself. No you're not asking for a ban, u just dismissed discussing something plausible bc u don't like the guy. Regardless how well your reasoning. It's the lite version of what Twitter do.

U wanna explain how maybe the tweet doesn't make sense in the realm of stock exchange and he doesn't know what he's talking about and why? Go for it. I'd prefer to know if he's talking out his ass.

I'm not acting like anything other than someone who has noticed a clear pattern on the things you defend and the examples you use. And they don't tend to make you look like you're as neutral or unable to be influenced by media as you think.
I never said I was neutral. I never said I have no bias. Clearly every human being on earth does. I do, u do as well. I just don't think anyone should be censored over their views aside from anything criminal. I can also read/listen/hear something said from someone I don't like without losing my mind and possibly.....even.......agree......if it's true.

That tweet had nothing to do with your problem with that guy. Yet you're saying no one should listen to anything he has to say, bc of some other shit he's done, that again, has nothing to do with the tweet itself. No you're not asking for a ban, u just dismissed discussing something plausible bc u don't like the guy. Regardless how well your reasoning. It's the lite version of what Twitter do.

U wanna explain how maybe the tweet doesn't make sense in the realm of stock exchange and he doesn't know what he's talking about and why? Go for it. I'd prefer to know if he's talking out his ass.

I never said I was neutral. I never said I have no bias. Clearly every human being on earth does. I do, u do as well. I just don't think anyone should be censored over their views aside from anything criminal. I can also read/listen/hear something said from someone I don't like without losing my mind and possibly.....even.......agree......if it's true.

The point of me saying anyone with common sense wouldn't use Clay Travis as a cosign for their opinion is based solely in who he is as being a racist. It may not matter to you, but as a Black man I'm not looking to someone who continuously spouts racist views for their opinions on anything at all regardless of what the subject is. As someone whose not Black you may be able to look past that but I can guarantee you you're not gonna find too many Black people who will says "He's racist but he makes really good points sometimes."

It's not about "losing my mind" or not being able to agree with someone who I don't like. But if the reason I don't like you is something morally I don't ride with then I'm not gonna look to that person for their opinion on anything.

And yes there's certain non criminal things that simply should not be given a platform. That's nothing to do with politics and more to do with the fact that the things people so often fight to want to say are rooted in racism, prejudice and bigotry. These discussions around censorship dont happen because people disagree about whose gonna win the NBA Finals. 9 times out of 10 they happen because someone wants to expouse some ignorant bigoted bullshit and are upset that they get pushback. And that's not something I'm gonna fight for a person to be given a platform to say.

The point of me saying anyone with common sense wouldn't use Clay Travis as a cosign for their opinion is based solely in who he is as being a racist. It may not matter to you, but as a Black man I'm not looking to someone who continuously spouts racist views for their opinions on anything at all regardless of what the subject is.

It's not about "losing my mind" or not being able to agree with someone who I don't like. But if the reason I don't like you is something morally I don't ride with then I'm not gonna look to that person for their opinion on anything.
So if you're a regular Joe with a relatively large stake of holdings in Twitter before the musk fiasco, should what he said be considered? Should it at the very least be double checked?

And another question, if it was anyone else with a pristine history not named Clay Travis that tweeted the SAME EXACT THING would it then be okay for u to discuss the message instead of the messenger?

And yes there's certain non criminal things that simply should not be given a platform. That's nothing to do with politics and more to do with the fact that the things people so often fight to want to say are rooted in racism, prejudice and bigotry. These discussions around censorship dont happen because people disagree about whose gonna win the NBA Finals. 9 times out of 10 they happen because someone wants to expouse some ignorant bigoted bullshit and are upset that they get pushback. And that's not something I'm gonna fight for a person to be given a platform to say.
This has nothing to do with why u quoted me

So if you're a regular Joe with a relatively large stake of holdings in Twitter before the musk fiasco, should what he said be considered? Should it at the very least be double checked?

And another question, if it was anyone else with a pristine history not named Clay Travis that tweeted the SAME EXACT THING would it then be okay for u to discuss the message instead of the messenger?

This has nothing to do with why u quoted me

That's what you're not getting. What he said wouldn't even enter my radar because I don't follow racists and their opinions on anything at all once I know they're racist. You have the luxury of ignoring that aspect of him for his other opinions. I don't. It's not about having a pristine history. Its about not having one being a racist. And you trying to downplay and be dismissive about that ain't helping your case either.

And yeah that does have to do with why i quoted you because my initial post was about the grey area and nuance that makes an all or nothing approach to the idea of censorship a bad idea.

That's what you're not getting. What he said wouldn't even enter my radar because I don't follow racists and their opinions on anything at all once I know they're racist. You have the luxury of ignoring that aspect of him for his other opinions. I don't. It's not about having a pristine history. Its about not having one being a racist. And you trying to downplay and be dismissive about that ain't helping your case either.

And yeah that does have to do with why i quoted you because my initial post was about the grey area and nuance that makes an all or nothing approach to the idea of censorship a bad idea.
u didn't answer my question. And I'm not downplaying shit. I don't know his history. I don't know who he is.

I'm talking about a tweet. You're doing everything u can to make it about everything else but the tweet itself. We can't even get to a point of discussion about the substance of the tweet itself. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I literally called stringer out on that in this thread earlier.

Agree to disagree.

Last edited:
u didn't answer my question. And I'm not downplaying shit. I don't know his history. I don't know who he is.

I'm talking about a tweet. You're doing everything u can to make it about everything else but the tweet itself. We can't even get to a point of discussion about the substance of the tweet itself. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I literally called stringer out on that in this thread earlier.

Agree to disagree.

You can't keep saying you don't know his history when it's being told to you what it is. I made the post about Travis in a separate post for a reason and even included in it that it's not about Elon Musk but it was solely about Clay Travis himself. You decided to ignore that disclaimer and take up the mantle of "but he's making a good point". I did answer your question. I specifically said it's not about having a pristine history but simply not one filled with something like being a racist.

You can keep trying with that "is this guy's history clean enough" because you're actually proving the point that the reason why you're all or nothing stance would never actually work the more you dig in

You can't keep saying you don't know his history when it's being told to you what it is. I made the post about Travis in a separate post for a reason and even included in it that it's not about Elon Musk but it was solely about Clay Travis himself. You decided to ignore that disclaimer and take up the mantle of "but he's making a good point". I did answer your question. I specifically said it's not about having a pristine history but simply not one filled with something like being a racist.

You can keep trying with that "is this guy's history clean enough" because you're actually proving the point that the reason why you're all or nothing stance would never actually work the more you dig in
Everything u said has nothing to do with the tweet itself.

I expect u to try again.

I'm really intrigued on how this plays out , a lot of new media conglomerates do not like what Elon Musk is trying to accomplish ,they know Twitters influence is way more stronger than MSM nowadays.

The more I think about it, I don't think Elon wants to buy twitter at all.

Dude's basically got "fuck you" money............so I think he's just trying to fuck them over.

The poison pill activates if he gets 15% or more of the company.

The poison pill allows all current shareholders..........except Musk.........to buy twitter shares at a discounted price.

I'm thinking that Musk ends up buying more than 15% in order to activate the poison pill.

Once the poison pill is activated, the share price drops.

A few months afterwards, he sells his remaining stake in the company............which reduces the share price even more.

This gets the shareholders angry............calling for the board members to resign..........and then, possibly, campaigning for Elon to consider making another offer to buy twitter.

Elon probably doesn't do it, because he already accomplished what he wanted to do.

Which was to wreak havoc/create chaos within the company.

If he does reconsider, it'd be for a lot less than his original offer...........and the board would be forced to take it, because it would still be more than whatever the stock dropped too..........and because they'd have to do something to appease the current shareholders.

Basically, this is all just entertainment to him.

Back