Welcome To aBlackWeb

Elon Musk Purchases Twitter for $41.39 billion, Elon becomes first person ever to lose $200 Billion Dollars

How does that apply to musk and all these sky is falling takes?

I'm talking about your "either be 100% for or against censorship". That's a very simplistic way of looking at something that's not that simple at all. Eliminating the nuance and the "why" behind what causes certain types of speech to be banned places everything on an equal level when you should know its not. Somebody wanting racist shit banned is not the same as Elon Musk wanting to ban a blogger talking bad about him. To ignore that simply to try and stick to the point of "all censorship is bad" is being disingenuous.

The internet should be a place where people express themselves, say whatever, do whatever, as long as it isn't some criminal shit.

The internet was the last frontier and then these social media companies came and fucked it up with their use policies, that are undoubtedly political in nature once they start censoring speech they don't like.

I say this, either make social media companies government owned or make your own lmao to have some sort of competition.

Under the current framework of how business works in America, these companies are basically the ministry of information and have unlimited power to do whatever they want.

That's not good for society, to one like 3 companies that controls all information on the internet.

Twitter has banned tons of people… so has fb… YouTube… people get booted from stores and restaurants for acting up, no shoes no shirt no service etc etc etc… who cares if he cancelled one dudes car lol and this irrational “fear” of him running it as a dictator is hilarious

If I had Elon money and was supposed to buy some social media network it would be Facebook. That is biggest platform.

Remember when trump got banded?

everyone was cool with it. Just as long as they don’t like the person

sculpting-mr-crocker.gif

I'm talking about your "either be 100% for or against censorship". That's a very simplistic way of looking at something that's not that simple at all. Eliminating the nuance and the "why" behind what causes certain types of speech to be banned places everything on an equal level when you should know its not. Somebody wanting racist shit banned is not the same as Elon Musk wanting to ban a blogger talking bad about him. To ignore that simply to try and stick to the point of "all censorship is bad" is being disingenuous.
Trump is just one example..plenty of non racial shit is/was banned for a variety of reasons.

Mfs can and will find a way to justify it when it fits their view. And be completely outraged when the tables turn.

Nothing disengenuous about pointing out the hypocrisy.

Trump is just one example..plenty of non racial shit is/was banned for a variety of reasons.

Mfs can and will find a way to justify it when it fits their view. And be completely outraged when the tables turn.

Nothing disengenuous about pointing out the hypocrisy.

I never denied that there's non racist things that have gotten banned. I'm just saying your all or nothing approach actually doesn't address the issue because it's ignoring that all things aren't actually created equal in terms of what's offensive or ban worthy and what isn't. So to say someone has to be 100% for or against censorship or else they're being hypocritical is intentionally distorting the argument. It's leaving out the details of certain shit that genuinely shouldn't be given a public platform. It also would leave you defending the right to produce and put out some pretty out there things because according to your pov theres no middle ground. To say someone is a hypocrite because they don't think someone should be able to publicly shout certain bigoted or harmful views is a wild leap to take

Back