Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Elon Musk Purchases Twitter for $41.39 billion, Elon becomes first person ever to lose $200 Billion Dollars

test
Man anyone who agrees to working long hours is stupid. First of, the job market for IT is hot as fuck right now. If you just halfway capable, you getting a six figure job.

On top of that, you have twitter on your resume? That means you can get a job tomorrow.

Man people got lives and families. Fuck I look like working extra hours?

Id take that 3 months compensation in a heart beat and get a new job. Fuck I look like stressing at work?
They'd have to fire me for working my 40

Man anyone who agrees to working long hours is stupid. First of, the job market for IT is hot as fuck right now. If you just halfway capable, you getting a six figure job.

On top of that, you have twitter on your resume? That means you can get a job tomorrow.

Man people got lives and families. Fuck I look like working extra hours?

Id take that 3 months compensation in a heart beat and get a new job. Fuck I look like stressing at work?

Bro not to go off but my folks were telling me about cybersecurity and classes for it and how you can make decent money even with just A+ certification.

Lmaooo.

Ah man. This kills me. "Freedom of speech is back on twitter"

Waiting for all the folks celebrating Elons purchase because "free speech" to criticize Elon for firing his employee for free speech.

It's almost like from the beginning there were some of us in here saying "free speech is never a zero sum game"...

Bro not to go off but my folks were telling me about cybersecurity and classes for it and how you can make decent money even with just A+ certification.

Bro I worked my way up to a director role, making really good money, comfortably above 100k, without a degree or certificates.

I would say go in man. It wont happen overnight, and you might have to retake a class or two. Shit might be over your head the first two times you hear and see it, but eventually it will click.

IT jobs in any sector are great. Go into cyber security, cloud infrastructure, front/back end developer, database admin, etc. It dont matter.

Plus If i remember right, you in VA, which is a hotbed for IT jobs.

Im just saying, not to show off or anything, but im a living example of getting a stupid high paying IT job without a degree or certification.

Bro I worked my way up to a director role, making really good money, comfortably above 100k, without a degree or certificates.

I would say go in man. It wont happen overnight, and you might have to retake a class or two. Shit might be over your head the first two times you hear and see it, but eventually it will click.

IT jobs in any sector are great. Go into cyber security, cloud infrastructure, front/back end developer, database admin, etc. It dont matter.

Im just saying, not to show off or anything, but im a living example of getting a stupid high paying IT job without a degree or certification.

Shit that’s what I’m trying be on @konceptjones be coming through with info. Waiting for the school to hit me up but with my new job in December I’m see if that school got classes

I've been saying this since the IC. I have no degree and I've got a mad comfortable living right now. Pandemic sucked all the wind out of my IT consulting business so I took a contract gig that's paying me nicely. A month into the contract and the client reached out to my contract company and was like "Yeah, we like his work, we want to convert him at the first of the year". Conversion salary is very nicely over 100k, I'm just puttin in the work needed until the end of the year when they flip me to full time. And I still do some consulting stuff on the side here and there which brings in a few bucks.

I've always said diversify what you do. Don't just focus on Windows OR security OR networking OR virtualization. The more exposure you have to different aspects of IT, the better because it makes you an asset that's hard to replace. One guy that can do damned near everything is something a lot of companies love to have. I work in Linux right now, but I interact with the security, windows, and VMware teams every day and they all know I can do their jobs so I get pulled into their shit whenever they need an extra set of eyes or a brain to pick.

Get into IT, get money. It takes time, but it's worth it.

Shit that’s what I’m trying be on @konceptjones be coming through with info. Waiting for the school to hit me up but with my new job in December I’m see if that school got classes

Depends on what you wanna do, the certification route for cybersecurity isn't that bad, it's just that your first job will labor intensive, working in a data center or a network center or s security center, doing 12s.

I seen people without a degree or with a degree but without any ambition stay there for years.

The cushy cash shit is software engineering jobs and or paper pushing IT and cybersecurity jobs where you can work from home and jack it to Mz.Natural and attend half assed meetings.

These require degrees and easy multiple choice certifications or a lot of experience and networking.

If you wanna shoot for the stars and land on the moon, go get a Computer Science degree and Security+ and skip like 99 percent of people in IT, who aren't doing shit like software engineering or technical cybersecurity shit like penetration testing or web app testing. You can get like an analyst job with the local government, do two years and double your salary in the private sector.

If you wanna be a rockstar, you get a BS Computer Science. Work in software engineering for a few years. Get a technical cybersecurity certification like OSCP. Then switch to App Security and make a quarter million a year somewhere with stock options, a cafeteria, and your own professional balls washer.

Or you can be a commoner, and get the Network+, Security+, and like an associates or bachelor's in Information Technology, work help desk for a few years and then get a office cushy job you can coast in until you die.

If you do the school route and plan on doing cybersecurity or IT shit, not software engineering or whatever, get the Computer Science degree because if you don't, you gonna end up going back anyway if you are not aggressive with certifications, self-learning and networking.

I've been saying this since the IC. I have no degree and I've got a mad comfortable living right now. Pandemic sucked all the wind out of my IT consulting business so I took a contract gig that's paying me nicely. A month into the contract and the client reached out to my contract company and was like "Yeah, we like his work, we want to convert him at the first of the year". Conversion salary is very nicely over 100k, I'm just puttin in the work needed until the end of the year when they flip me to full time. And I still do some consulting stuff on the side here and there which brings in a few bucks.

I've always said diversify what you do. Don't just focus on Windows OR security OR networking OR virtualization. The more exposure you have to different aspects of IT, the better because it makes you an asset that's hard to replace. One guy that can do damned near everything is something a lot of companies love to have. I work in Linux right now, but I interact with the security, windows, and VMware teams every day and they all know I can do their jobs so I get pulled into their shit whenever they need an extra set of eyes or a brain to pick.

Get into IT, get money. It takes time, but it's worth it.

100%

Depends on what you wanna do, the certification route for cybersecurity isn't that bad, it's just that your first job will labor intensive, working in a data center or a network center or s security center, doing 12s.

I seen people without a degree or with a degree but without any ambition stay there for years.

The cushy cash shit is software engineering jobs and or paper pushing IT and cybersecurity jobs where you can work from home and jack it to Mz.Natural and attend half assed meetings.

These require degrees and easy multiple choice certifications or a lot of experience and networking.

If you wanna shoot for the stars and land on the moon, go get a Computer Science degree and Security+ and skip like 99 percent of people in IT, who aren't doing shit like software engineering or technical cybersecurity shit like penetration testing or web app testing. You can get like an analyst job with the local government, do two years and double your salary in the private sector.

If you wanna be a rockstar, you get a BS Computer Science. Work in software engineering for a few years. Get a technical cybersecurity certification like OSCP. Then switch to App Security and make a quarter million a year somewhere with stock options, a cafeteria, and your own professional balls washer.

Or you can be a commoner, and get the Network+, Security+, and like an associates or bachelor's in Information Technology, work help desk for a few years and then get a office cushy job you can coast in until you die.

If you do the school route and plan on doing cybersecurity or IT shit, not software engineering or whatever, get the Computer Science degree because if you don't, you gonna end up going back anyway if you are not aggressive with certifications, self-learning and networking.

Just objectively speaking, 1 of you made it seem relatively easy and straight forward, then the other one made it seem rather hard, like it take years of toiling before you see a hint of possibly making any money.

Thats what i hate about topics like this, usually get just 2 opinions from either extreme side of the spectrum (ijs in general).

There's also the companies that have their own way of doing things that's not even taught in college lol

Just objectively speaking, 1 of you made it seem relatively easy and straight forward, then the other one made it seem rather hard, like it take years of toiling before you see a hint of possibly making any money.

Thats what i hate about topics like this, usually get just 2 opinions from either extreme side of the spectrum (ijs in general).

Well any endeavor you do that makes a lot of money takes a lot of toiling and suffering.

IT, Cybersecurity, and Software Engineering can provide a decent, respectable middle class lifestyle by doing the bare minimum but the bare minimum is still a lot compared to other fields.

You can look at the job description for a job Meta, Netflix and Google and look at the same job at a no name mid-sized company and you will see the gap in expertise and competency among employees and organizations.

There are interns at Dropbox making 11K a month, the same or more as some IT directors.

So you gotta decide where you wanna be. You wanna make a quarter million a few years after you get the required knowledge to be hireable then that's the effort and aggression you gotta have. Most people don't have that because they avoid the challenges required to get that level of money as fast as other people get it.

Acquiring the skills and expertise to make a lot of money isn't a passive thing that just happens because you choose the right field.

People that make it seem easy is because they were actually interested in it and motivated by learning and being competent and getting the money. Most people aren't that interested in shit like that.

Lol like who wanna study 5 hours a day for a COMPTIA exam? There's people that got all the certs and don't even work in IT. Fucking weirdos.

Last edited:
Back