Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ebony Ladies in the DR

Have you ever thought about leaving the US and living in the Caribbean?

• yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • no

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Eh, it's fine here.

She's promoting her you tube channel and we're all about black Enterprise here, so this is the best place to catch traffic...

As far as the DR, I'm also in no rush to leave from here..... But maybe the video could change others perspective.... It at the least improve tourism.... Those stories over the summer had to be damaging
Alot of hotels were hurt. Some offer discounts now...up to 50%.

But we can't really speak on dangerous DR being from where we from.

But this ain't my thread.
I'll fall back.

Anywho, to the initial question:

@ebonylady The folks here and those from The IC know my family was supposed to be relocating to Belize soon, but shit just got complicated recently and that's been called off.

I might still go just to check it out tho. Every cat I've ever met from Belize thinks I'm one of them so I'll prolly get along just fine out there. When I travel I don't like to just stick to tourist areas and being able to blend in would be advantageous when it comes to hitting up spots that locals go to.

I thought about DR, Honduras, and Panama but my Spanish is raggedy

Eh, it's fine here.

She's promoting her you tube channel and we're all about black Enterprise here, so this is the best place to catch traffic...

As far as the DR, I'm also in no rush to leave from here..... But maybe the video could change others perspective.... It at the least improve tourism.... Those stories over the summer had to be damaging
Fam u dont even have a passport

The weather patterns for that area will always make it a no go at its highest level.

Its kinda backwards to wanna live there.

That was rude. But it's okay. As long as you're happy with who are.

You got some nerve b

Some fucking nerve

Didn't pay enough attention to see that it was actually TC's show. Dick move on my part. Can't unring the bell though.

giphy.gif

My first concern bout DR is the racism towards it's Afro community.
Not trying to go somewhere foreign to have the same problems.

Then the racism towards Haitians that I've heard Dominicans have.

After that, the tropical storms is an issue.
I don't wanna have to rebuild my home every year.

When I went to the DR, I found the whole "racist against blacks" thing to be overrated. I'm not saying it's not there. I wasn't there long enough to really know, but from my limited exposure most of the people that live there would be considered black in the U.S. so I don't know. The natives I spoke to said it had never really been a big deal for them.

The weirder thing for me was that around the resorts there were a lot of local shops in alley ways where people from the resorts could go get somewhat authentic shit. At first I thought the little places were owned by Dominicans and Hatians, but after talking to the people working, it turns out a lot of those places are owned by Russians, and they basically treat their workers like shit. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but it was a little infuriating when I listened to the shopowners speak on it.

Last edited:
Didn't pay enough attention to see that it was actually TC's show. Dick move on my part. Can't unring the bell though.

giphy.gif

When I went to the DR, I found the whole "racist against blacks" thing to be overrated. I'm not saying it's not there. I wasn't there long enough to really know, but from my limited exposure most of the people that live there would be considered black in the U.S. so I don't know. The natives I spoke to said it had never really been a big deal for them.

The weirder thing for me was that around the resorts there were a lot of local shops in alley ways where people from the resorts could go get somewhat authentic shit. At first I thought the little places were owned by Dominicans and Hatians, but after talking to the people working, it turns out a lot of those places are owned by Russians, and they basically treat their workers like shit. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but it was a little infuriating when I listened to the shopowners speak on it.
Trump helped fuck up some parts of punta Cana.....in a deal with Russians.

He janked millions

Yeah, I'm completely unsurprised by that.
It one tif those threads I said I was gonna make and never did.

Shit ....once a Russian mafia boss got lit up there.

Memba that chick that was hanging out the window with her boobs out?
Russian.

They deep there.

But the fixing the ways to wash money. My lawyer sent me an email about it last year...

I was waiting for this post. Niggas are dying to come to America and you wanna leave cause white people dont say good morning to u
I was waiting on this post too. People are dying come to America, oh boy! A simple question was asked and you feel that this is a commercial recruiting folks to leave America . Geesh!! Toooooo woke!

Last edited:
I was waiting on this post too. People are dying come to America, oh boy! A simple question was asked and you feel that this is a commercial recruiting folks to leave America . Geesh!! Toooooo woke!

Pay it no mind. Since Foe-Five took office a whole lotta Americans been talking about leaving. I've seen more Black folks actually packing up and doing it than whites tho but that's probably only because I'm paying attention to Black folks. I think it's been something Black folks been thinking of doing but not willing to act on it, but 45 gave them the push to turn it into action.

I've honestly as of late thought about moving abroad. The Dominican Republic is one of the places I've seriously thought about moving or at the very least buying some real estate at.

I've been there numerous times and while it isn't North America it can be a nice and relaxing place that also has it's own special problems like every place in the world.

Back