Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drama in Bristol: Is Rachel Nichols racist?

And she would still been there if she hadn't worn out her welcome and messed up a good thing.

This is what you can't seem to understand.

Whatever situation they're in right now, they''d go back to ESPN in a heartbeat if they had their own show with a multi-million dollar contract.

They didn't leave to "explore other options."

They.......left......because they didn't have any other choice but to leave.

Now, people like Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann............they left ESPN and got their own show on other networks.

Dan has the Dan Patrick Show on NBC Sports..............and Olbermann had his own show on MSNBC for a while.

They were actually in better situations.

Having a podcast and working for The Atlantic, however, is not a come-up.
1 thing... Word is jemele got a 7M severance. I'd take that and my own platform to say whatever over working for anyone

And she would still been there if she hadn't worn out her welcome and messed up a good thing.

This is what you can't seem to understand.

Whatever situation they're in right now, they''d go back to ESPN in a heartbeat if they had their own show with a multi-million dollar contract.

They didn't leave to "explore other options."

They.......left......because they didn't have any other choice but to leave.

Now, people like Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann............they left ESPN and got their own show on other networks.

Dan has the Dan Patrick Show on NBC Sports..............and Olbermann had his own show on MSNBC for a while.

They were actually in better situations.

Having a podcast and working for The Atlantic, however, is not a come-up.

So getting a multimillion dollar contract buy out, being a top paid journalist, hosting your own TV show through a production company you own, and a podcast network you also own where you can voice your opinion without the worry of being suspended for it is a bad thing? Got it

1 thing... Word is jemele got a 7M severance. I'd take that and my own platform to say whatever over working for anyone

And remember: she started a separate Spotify deal that has a black womans network and signed with Dan LeBatards Meadowlark Media network so she’s probably making more now than she ever did with ESPN

Funny thing is niggas tried to tell deadeye this about jamele and mike yrs ago that they both are doing fine independently. But he still running with this narrative that jamele fumbled both their bags 🤣🤣
Mike Smith...hmm.. idk. Im not sure he landed as comfortably as Jemele. He aint been nearly as visible imo.. Im sure he got a phat buy out too..and I probably would've done the same thing in solidarity with sis but damn.. he ghost af

Mike Smith...hmm.. idk. Im not sure he landed as comfortably as Jemele. He aint been nearly as visible imo.. Im sure he got a phat buy out too..and I probably would've done the same thing in solidarity with sis but damn.. he ghost af
He went on jamele's podcast months back and they talked about it. I haven't kept up with him since then, but he has a show with Michael Holly on Peacock and has a production company or something. He said he doesn't wana be in front of the camera much longer and that he's more interested in production. Dont think ESPN woulda gave him that shot...so even tho he has less notoriety, it sounds like he's closer to what he actually wants to be doing.

He went on jamele's podcast months back and they talked about it. I haven't kept up with him since then, but he has a show with Michael Holly on Peacock and has a production company or something. He said he doesn't wana be in front of the camera much longer and that he's more interested in production. Dont think ESPN woulda gave him that shot...so even tho he has less notoriety, it sounds like he's closer to what he actually wants to be doing.
That nigga trying to get a recurring spot on the RHOA

Funny thing is niggas tried to tell deadeye this about jamele and mike yrs ago that they both are doing fine independently. But he still running with this narrative that jamele fumbled both their bags 🤣🤣

And y'all are still missing the point.

Jemele and Mike didn't have any desire to quote/unquote........"strike out on their own."

Bottom line, if they were never moved to the 6pm Sportscenter........and just kept doing His & Hers...........they would still be at ESPN today.

That's all I'm saying.

Back