Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drama in Bristol: Is Rachel Nichols racist?

So did Rachel Nichols get her job because of privilege? I don't want to hear about her resume either because we not going to act like privilege never existed.

And she don't even look all that. She just a basic white girl on tv with a red hair hat. Some of yall need to get out more

Her mother in law is Diane Sawyer...that should answer just how much privilege she has in the media world

Quick question? If you're in a position of power, wouldnt you pull strings to help get your kids in if they really wanted to pursue that career? Or would you tell them get it on their own?

Quick question? If you're in a position of power, wouldnt you pull strings to help get your kids in if they really wanted to pursue that career? Or would you tell them get it on their own?

Most people will pull strings I think that’s what you’re supposed to do unless they are trash

From what I read, she had low level journalism jobs before breaking through with ESPN in 2004. Hell she graduated from northwestern university with a journalism degree. She had experience before going to ESPN. She may have gotten the hookup to ESPN but you can argue that she was at least qualified to work there

Yes I would. I'd also instill in them the knowledge and appreciation that not everyone has the privilege of having a family member be able to help pull them up professionally

Bruh. I don’t understand why folks complain about things like that when that’s what folks do.

We grind hard to put our people in places rather it be family or race.

But now folks trying to call it out

And she actually grind from the bottom. Fuck her though

Back