Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drama in Bristol: Is Rachel Nichols racist?

Would you be ok if some of your duties at your high paying job that you enjoy doing were going to someone else because they wanted someone of a different ethnicity (though this person can do the job well, no matter their race)?

It’s that simple
Nobody would be happy that they got passed over for a promotion but the moment the person who didn't get it brings up race then we have a whole other issue. Let's not act like Nichols is far and away better than Taylor either

Nobody would be happy that they got passed over for a promotion but the moment the person who didn't get it brings up race then we have a whole other issue. Let's not act like Nichols is far and away better than Taylor either

That, like many tv positions, is subjective. I could see less who’s doing it, whether it’s Rachel or Maria. No complaints from me as to who’s hosting NBA countdown

Would you be ok if some of your duties at your high paying job that you enjoy doing were going to someone else because they wanted someone of a different ethnicity (though this person can do the job well, no matter their race)?

It’s that simple

Plus, according to Nichols it's in her contract to do the finals..

It seems from the comments that was leaked in this thread, that the whole situation is more so about ESPN trying to take away negotiated projects from a person and giving it to another person for diversity sake. I honestly didn't think Rachel was dissing Maria, she was more so dissing ESPN and the way they are trying to back out of an agreement under the guise of being a diverse entity.

If ESPN really gave a shit about diversity Maria and many other people from different walks of life would have more prominent roles throughout the whole network

Only thing this tells me is ESPN is shit but I knew that

Man......

You complain about every damn entity covering sports.... it's hard to believe you even watch sports with how you bash damn near every show, analyst, or commentator. LMAO.

Don't get it twisted I don't watch ESPN alot and I hate how the network and many other sports media outlets openly try to push players to certain media markets now, but I'm not in a bunch of threads calling everything and everyone shit.. LMAO.

Man......

You complain about every damn entity covering sports.... it's hard to believe you even watch sports with how you bash damn near every show, analyst, or commentator. LMAO.

Don't get it twisted I don't watch ESPN alot and I hate how the network and many other sports media outlets openly try to push players to certain media markets now, but I'm not in a bunch of threads calling everything and everyone shit.. LMAO.

lol relax

ESPN as a network has been shit from the rapid decline of talent, shows, and core values since 2016

their work culture has been mired by scandals for a very long time

Are you defending this sir?

Back