Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scorpion Album Thread

Scorpion

• Total voters
Wonder if there's a reason that Wayne and Nicki are only samples from old songs, especially if this is Drake's last Young Money/Cash Money album.

@AP21

You still my nigga. Even though you be trying your hardest to make me dislike with all the disses you send my way

Shout out to Lala s Doctor yo I was hanging w these fine ass chicks yesterday at this rooftop and they couldn’t wait for in my feelings to come on....that waffle cone need to drop a vid....that song is a certified winner....also who the fuck Kiki

Kiki? And all this time I thought he was saying RiRi

giphy.gif

Aight so

@Black_Samson was 100% right about this Drake shit

was refereeing some games this weekend and they had this chick at table that has run the clock and shit the last couple of times i've called there.

anyway, she 20...we get to talking about music

we ended up talking about Drake

i asked her had she heard daytona...she goes "fuck Pusha T for doing that to Drake. He was a hoe for putting that out about his son before he had a chance to. He wasnt hiding his son...he was just waiting for the right time to talk about him"

Im sure her thoughts are shared by the legions of fans he has

I asked her "do you have issue with Drake basically hoping on other people's waves and him getting the credit for it?"

She goes "he's just an innovator and paying homage"

i cant make this shit up

does buying this nigga music come with a sack of excuses and pleas you tell people when they call him out??

@AP21 Give it up homie....lol

#1. The streets (not his fans) have spoken and Drake’s album is the preferred choice of music this Summer. Not Kanye, not Kids see ghosts, not Pusha T, not Nas, and not even Hov & Beyonce. Drake had the game on lock prior to his album dropping and he has an even tighter hold on the game since his album dropped. Every party, bbq, and every hood is bumping Scorpion. Those are facts.

#2. I told you guys over a month ago that Pusha T would fall back into irrelevancy once Drake’s album dropped and I was 100% correct. Since Scorpion dropped I’ve been aroud “boujee” black folk and I’ve been in the hood (grimy slums of Chicago)....and nobody, I mean nobody, has requested for Pusha T’s music to be played. J Prince was right (business wise) to stop Drake from responding. As hip hop fans, it was the wrong move in our eyes, but if Drake would have responded, it was gonna benefit nobody but Pusha because he’s unknown to a lot of people outside of us that remember the Clipse and type on message boards. That includes some young niggas from the hood.

#3. That young lady was correct. I’ve never heard anyone address a person’s child in a diss song. As many rappers and athletes with children floating around fatherless, it was some hoe shit for Pusha to put out there. It let me know that he just threw some shock & awe gossip shit out there for the anti-Drake crowd to eat up.

Hmmmm now that I think about it, Pusha T threw red meat to his base kinda like his boss’s friend President Donald Trump does with his racist base :scust1:

@AP21 Give it up homie....lol

#1. The streets (not his fans) have spoken and Drake’s album is the preferred choice of music this Summer. Not Kanye, not Kids see ghosts, not Pusha T, not Nas, and not even Hov & Beyonce. Drake has the game on lock prior to his album dropping and he has an even tighter hold on the game since he album dropped. Every party, bbq, and every hood is bumping Scorpion. Those are facts.

#2. I told you guys over a month ago that Pusha T would fall back into irrelevancy once Drake’s album dropped and I was 100% correct. Since Scorpion dropped I’ve been aroud “boujee” black folks and I’ve been in the hood (grimy slums of Chicago)....and nobody, I mean nobody, has requested for Pusha T’s music to be played. J Prince was right (business wise) to stop Drake from responding. As hip hop fans, it was the wrong move, but if Drake would have responded, it was gonna benefit nobody but Pusha because he’s unknown to a lot of people outside of us that remember the Clipse and type on message boards.

#3. That young lady was correct. I’ve never heard anyone address a person’s child in a diss song. As many rappers and athletes with children floating around fatherless, it was some hoe shit for Pusha to put out there. It let me know that he just threw show & awe gossip shit out there for the anti-Drake crowd to eat up.

Hmmmm, Pusha T threw red meat to his base kinda like his boss’s friend President Donald Trump does with his racist base :scust1:

1) agree with this

2) Pusha album really not advertised as an album with summer hits tho. I dont think that was his goal, but his album is great

3) Drake mentioned dude's wife...pusha said his wife's name shant be referenced...EVER...the rest is history

I gotta say this must be a SM album cause I still ain't heard it, even by accident, off the internet

Have only heard the Kiki/Keke hook
(?) because of the tweets in here

Drake Street team is doing a helluva job in here tho.

Man niggas don’t get it this nigga Drake has transcended music and his now part of society/culture....fam I’m watching the news last week it was the day after Shiggy dropped the vid on IG if him dancing to Keke the video that started the challenge...and that shit was on the 8 am news the next day way before the challenge even took off....I was like gotdamn....just read how Drake is directly responsible for adding 400 million to Toronto s economy....how the fuck u gonna compete w a nigga like that numbers wise???

Album still trash tho

Back