Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scorpion Album Thread

Scorpion

• Total voters
Naturally people take on their mentors characteristics. Through Extra P's relations with them Nas was around Rakim and G. Rap as a young teen. Once he started breaking out as a rapper it was with a style very much informed by theirs.

Dre's a great coach though. Eazy, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Em all achieved greatness cause of his guidance.

I agree. I don't think people give her a fair shake cause of that Jigga/A. Keys episode. Which is fucked up. As she's matured she has nurtured her talents more but everyone just ignores. Black women have it so rough in that industry I swear.
Always thought she was gon be tge next mc lyte.

He prolly got that from Lil Wayne

Off topic but I noticed how a lot of these artists their careers lightly mimic the cats they directly learned from:

Drake/Wayne: both are huge sellers and people argue if they have classics, even share bad habits like running strippers raw and having BMs

J.Cole/Jay-Z: their careers are very very similar in that they were both late bloomers with album success. Hov's RD didn't go platinum until 2000 same as how Cole didn't go Platinum until years later when they changed the rules. Both had independent labels that slowly grew into prominence (Dreamville/Rocafella)

Kendrick/Dre: every album they put out seems to garner critical acclaim,both are very hands on with projects of label mates (Kendrick/Jay Rock, Isaiah and SZA, Dre/Snoop, Dre/DOC)

Wale/Rick Ross: ear for beats is incredible but neither can go platinum and/or reach that major commercial stage they've been trying to get to for over a decade now. Albums are just decent but never over the top amazing or classic. Many of their major singles have features that outshine them or make the song good.

Only agree with wale/Ross. The others are a pretty big stretch.

Drake and his team knows how to stay in tune with the culture and the climate of social media,He probably has one of the best teams in the industry right now. He always seems fully aware of surrounding and never seem out of place.

Drake and his team knows how to stay in tune with the culture and the climate of social media,He probably has one of the best teams in the industry right now. He always seems fully aware of surrounding and never seem out of place.

Niggas need to take notes. Because I be amazed when rappers don't know how/why shit is happening to themselves or the game

Like Nicki Minaj and her team seems so out of place nowadays her team is out of tune with what is going on currently with the rise of Cardi B. Nicki's team and Drake's team is such huge difference even though they on the same label.

She had to push her album back from June all the way to August and coupled with rumors of Nicki having a nasty attitude in the industry ,the industry wants Cardi B to take Nicki spot for good.

They are forcing it down peoples throats(n/h) you seen people posting pics of it on latin/late night sleep playlist

I never got the forcing a song down people's throats. If some shit is wack then hearing more don't make it a better song. That's why songs from artist flop even with huge promotion. If the shit is wack it's wack. They been playing the fuck out of those 2 Nicki Minaj singles too and I ain't heard nobody come around and say "You know what, after hearing it 1,000x it's actually pretty good now"

I never got the forcing a song down people's throats. If some shit is wack then hearing more don't make it a better song. That's why songs from artist flop even with huge promotion. If the shit is wack it's wack. They been playing the fuck out of those 2 Nicki Minaj singles too and I ain't heard nobody come around and say "You know what, after hearing it 1,000x it's actually pretty good now"

I actually know a lot of folks who hated a song till they heard it so much it grew on them. Never underestimate the power of conditioning.

Like Nicki Minaj and her team seems so out of place nowadays her team is out of tune with what is going on currently with the rise of Cardi B. Nicki's team and Drake's team is such huge difference even though they on the same label.

She had to push her album back from June all the way to August and coupled with rumors of Nicki having a nasty attitude in the industry ,the industry wants Cardi B to take Nicki spot for good.

A team can only be as good as the leader is at taking suggestions bro. She could have the best people around but if her ego is too fragile to take constructive criticism then it means nothing. They're probably walking on eggshells most of the time.

I finally cast my vote for this album....and I voted DOPE.

This album was nice to me the first time I listened and it’s actually grown on me even more. When it’s all said and done, this album will produce 10 - 15 certifiable hit songs. Just watch as time moves along.

I actually know a lot of folks who hated a song till they heard it so much it grew on them. Never underestimate the power of conditioning.

Shit has never worked with me. I've heard Future's music plenty of times. I still think the nigga is hot garbage. I've heard Nicki Minaj for a decade...still think she's wack as fuck.

Back