Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scorpion Album Thread

Scorpion

• Total voters
NWTS still his best album and it's not even close. (Don't none of yall @ or quote me talmbout some damn Take Care)
NWTS is his best work IMO
And yeah ill agree NWTS is def Drake best work
NWTS>>>>>>>
Nothing Was The Same is not only his best album, but I truly believe it’s a classic.

The album sounded and flowed good from beginning to end.

drake-nothing-was-the-same_Vsa7O.jpg

Finally listened after a bit of the hype died down. This ain't it. Nothing about this nigga has grown up or evolved. It's fine to be formulaic for singles and throwaway EPs, but for your album you been hiding out and working on for 2 years....come the fuck on with this shit. Singing ain't improved either. I still gotta go through side B but I got annoyed a couple tracks in.

NWTS still his best album and it's not even close. (Don't none of yall @ or quote me talmbout some damn Take Care)

Working on for 2 years? Drake last album More Life came out March of last year.

@Sion But the problem is the media would have you believe that Drake is the GOAT emcee. Album just came out and people on Instagram are already claiming that it is the album of the year, maybe the best album since Kendrick dropped.

I gave the album a listen and I'm like, WHAT??? I don't get it. Drake made a radio friendly pop album... bubblegum rap.

Niggas do that with any album. When Cole dropped I saw people saying "classic" literally 30 mins after it dropped. Same with Kendrick. People want to be "first" to declare something as opposed to actually being right.

Nothing Was The Same is not only his best album, but I truly believe it’s a classic.

The album sounded and flowed good from beginning to end.

drake-nothing-was-the-same_Vsa7O.jpg
Nope beginning w the sequencing ....which is one of the main issue w Drake albums ....the sequencing

Here we go with the DLC

lmao @ the music industry about to be like game industry. Niggas gonna have to buy season passes to get the full album. Might as well wait until the album been out a year so you can buy the entire finished product at a discount. Not sure how true this is, but I've heard some artists are doing this as a way to finesse the streaming #s. Release the original. Get those streams. Release an updated version of the original under the same name. Get those additional streams all over again. Rinse repeat.

Mainstream artist appeals to mainstream crowds? No shit!

Notice that most people on this board are not part of the mainstream audience? a.k.a. all this info is irrelevant.

Back