Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scary Hours EP

"Pump...Pump Pump It up I'm not a one hit wonder they know all my songs"

Drake aint have to respond to them 96 bar Budden disses. Killed em in one line.

Am I trippin but did he diss Akademiks too?

Come on fam that shit sound like a cop out and you know it. If he responds right away he loses, if he responds later he loses. Jay-Z waited until Dipset disbanded and Jim Jones wave died down to drop his diss record. Jay-Z waited until NaS wasn't as hot and was getting panned by critics to attack him - at which, prior NaS said in The Source he was gonna take a hiatus to care for his ailing mother.

I mean which narrative is it ? Joe Budden isn't retired as a rapper, that's just the narrative yall choose to run with to make this "ok". I will bet my avi that Joe WILL drop new music before the summer.

giphy.gif

I don't think Joe was doing his talk show when he was
I mean...

Joe has a classic hit single...not sure how his album did tbh

Has classic mixtape releases

Traded bars with Hov at one point and held his own...

And is regarded as one of the best pure emcess

I think this more than qualifies Budden to be a hip hop analyst and critique the culture and those in it

The “you didnt do shit while you were a player” is a cop out and shows you cant handle criticism

The most important part of criticism is where it comes from...if Joe knew all this shit ....his livelihood today wouldn't depend on watching and critiquing those who are doing what he couldn't do

U gotta do ur research fam, Joe's independent hustle is one of the best in the game. He was a millionaire before the show.

Hence him having this big ass mansion (pre everyday struggle)

And Jay-Z has always been choosey of who he went at. He does subliminals because it's safer. He dodged Wayne when Wayne came at him blatantly - he waited a while before he gave him half a subliminal. Cam'ron and 50 Cent BEEN shitting on Jay and Jay dodged those problems ever so conveniently. And before you bring up that bout a dollar verse FOH we talking about post 2004, Fif stay shitting on Hov every time his name Brought up in his interviews.
It's debatable whether or not Wayne was worth going at, assuming you're referring to the "baby money" thing. Considering the long history between Wayne and Jay, I don't think Wayne taking up for "Baby money" was worth a full song or even a verse, especially considering everyone already saw the irony of Baby not even paying Wayne his own money.

50 Cent is 1. A trash rapper compared to Jay and 2. A troll who is much more likely to post memes and videos to compensate for what he lacks as a rapper. Again, debatable whether he's worth going at.

Are you forgetting "Dig A Hole"?

I think people misunderstood the diss.

I thought the first part was a shot at Joe but the second part was a shot a DJ Akademiks (hence the not contributing to the culture line).

He also disses Toronto rapper/singer Tory Lanez with a couple of slick lines...

Last edited:
I mean...

Joe has a classic hit single...not sure how his album did tbh

Has classic mixtape releases

Traded bars with Hov at one point and held his own...

And is regarded as one of the best pure emcess

I think this more than qualifies Budden to be a hip hop analyst and critique the culture and those in it

The “you didnt do shit while you were a player” is a cop out and shows you cant handle criticism
Joe's first album was decent. Dude was one of my favorites, I always preferred introspective rappers and that was his strength. Album was a little all over the place, as it was clear the major label he was on was tryinta move units in an era where going platinum was expected. Selling 400k was a flop in most cases.

budden should just release diss number 5 lol and be threw with it, or play one as a sleeper and not release it just to troll and get the podcast numbers up more lol. drake don't really want it,. but budden kinda a hot topic right now and it'll help move numbers on the Ep so i get it. "strategy" Em only can get away with it because of affiliations (royce, being signged, his expendables that cape for him etc)
Fuck wayne he just wanted elite attention. Jay beefing with cam at their peak wouldn't have worked in his favor when he had internal beef with dame that would've gave cam the High ground like obi wan. 50 would've taken it where it didn't need to go. bean a disgruntled employee but being that they were cool he should've handled beans better

Yes....I ve never seen niggas in board meetings soliciting the coffe boy s opinion

You are vastly understating Joe’s contribution to the culture.

And that example you just gave is a false equivalency.

A cofee boy is not a businessman. He has no expertise or experience in the realm of business bro

Joe on the other hand is a rapper...a HIP HOP artist with a classic single...and various highly regarded projects among HIP HOP heads. Also recognized as a nigga that can go...he got bars...he is a pure EMCEE bruh.

So yes Joe is OVERLY qualified to critique any one in the culture or in Drakes case anyone who dabbles in the culture.

Joe is a coffe boy in the realm of hip hop boy you buggin

Buddens getting sonned left and right. Quavo, Eminem, Lil Uzi Vert and Drake all on his helmet LMFAO. And he thinks Puff Daddy (one of the grimiest industry dudes ever) about to cut him an honest check for $5 million.

This is hilarious.

Back