Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dr. Umar gets exposed ........ again

Dunno if im rockin with the explanation that he couldnt find ONE black contractor that was above board and not trying to get over but aite..
He said the school was not built cause black people did not want to work foe free. His huslte game is strong though. I am impressed.

I'm not impressed if he asked a bunch of black folks to do it for free and when they rightly refused he went and paid some white folks to do it
Oh I was not taking up for him. That was his excuse but yet he is willing to pay the whites but wanted blacks to work for free. His hustle is selling pro blackness and I see people making YT videos about him everyday. If only he he put that effort into actually helping black people.

He was on Lord Jamar's show, and Lord Jamar tried to put him down with a dude that had already built two schools for black kids, and Umar refused to even talk to dude on some "He don't know what I know" shit.
Was the guy certified in Delaware? I've been dealing with construction contracts more in the last year in preperation to take over when my manager retires and have learned so much that I didnt know. We have Contractors from surrounding states bid on projects and one of the first things we ask is if they're certified in our state. Shit aint as simple as it's being made out to be.

And no, this is not in defense of Umar.

Edit: Licensed/Certified

Last edited:
Was the guy certified in Delaware? I've been dealing with construction contracts more in the last year in preperation to take over when my manager retires and have learned so much that I didnt know. We have Contractors from surrounding states bid on projects and one of the first things we ask is if they're certified in our state. Shit aint as simple as it's being made out to be.

And no, this is not in defense of Umar.

I hear what you saying, but Jamar was just trying to get Umar to have a conversation with dude because he had been where Umar had been and Umar just shot it down. If you trying to do something and I can introduce you to someone who's already succeeded in what you want to do, would you refuse to speak to that person?

Is there a la
I hear what you saying, but Jamar was just trying to get Umar to have a conversation with dude because he had been where Umar had been and Umar just shot it down. If you trying to do something and I can introduce you to someone who's already succeeded in what you want to do, would you refuse to speak to that person?

Unless this person has done what I'm trying to do in the state I'm trying to do it, No, I wouldn't have a reason to speak with them. The way thing are done in NY to meet code wont be the same in Delaware. Now if he has a connect that's licensed and bonded in Delaware, yeah slide me their info. Hell just typing this I can see how his approach was never going to work. He was soliciting contractors nationwide to work for little to nothing when the contractor would probably have to come out of pocket to be licensed/bonded in his state. That's on Umar ultimately for not knowing these hurdles exist.

Is there a la

Unless this person has done what I'm trying to do in the state I'm trying to do it, No, I wouldn't have a reason to speak with them. The way thing are done in NY to meet code wont be the same in Delaware. Now if he has a connect that's licensed and bonded in Delaware, yeah slide me their info. Hell just typing this I can see how his approach was never going to work. He was soliciting contractors nationwide to work for little to nothing when the contractor would probably have to come out of pocket to be licensed/bonded in his state. That's on Umar ultimately for not knowing these hurdles exist.

Doing something like building a school isn't just about meeting codes. There are a million things you have to get in order before you even get to that point. Umar was out soliciting for money for years before he even bought the building. And even if particular codes are different from state to state, the processes you follow in making sure you're compliant with the codes is actually pretty consistent.

There's no good reason not to talk to someone who has had experience and success doing what you're trying to do. They might not be able to give you all the answers for your particular goals, but they can certainly impart some information that you might not have considered. Umar was just being arrogant. His degree is in psychology. He doesn't know shit about building a school from the ground up and running it, so he should have been willing to build with as many successful and knowledgeable people as he could.

Back