Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dr. Umar gets exposed ........ again

If you look at the number, boys across the board are being outpaced by girls, and some people believe that its because schools have shifted so strongly to catering to the needs of girls that boys are being left behind. And as with most bad trends, it's seeming especially bad for black people. So that's what makes Umar's grift even worst. This isn't just some trivial shit that he's using as a carrot. It's something that the community actually needs.

If you look at the number, boys across the board are being outpaced by girls, and some people believe that its because schools have shifted so strongly to catering to the needs of girls that boys are being left behind. And as with most bad trends, it's seeming especially bad for black people. So that's what makes Umar's grift even worst. This isn't just some trivial shit that he's using as a carrot. It's something that the community actually needs.
This is interesting

Without doing any real research and just throwing shit at the wall,I would assume it's because boys are more impressionable and look to rap or play ball as a way to being what they deem successful.

This is interesting

Without doing any real research and just throwing shit at the wall,I would assume it's because boys are more impressionable and look to rap or play ball as a way to being what they deem successful.

Nah it goes deeper than that. I've seen a lot of explanations for it. The ones that pop up the most as far as I've seen are:

• Schools have shifted to weight homework and classwork more over tests, which benefits girls more because girls tend to be more organized and better and getting work done where boys are more competitive and thrive better when being put to the test to achieve.
  • The teaching styles pushed now tend to favor girls more, and many of the things that resonate with boys are practically taboo now (e.g., competitive learning practices).
  • There are actual initiatives in place, particularly in the STEM fields, specifically to help girls achieve. No such initiatives exist for boys.
  • Girls come into school more ready and prepared. Part of that may be just girls maturing quicker, but part of it may be how boys are raised vs girls.
The last one is really interesting to me because I wonder if it's just that boys are more neglected at home or if society has change in the way that boys are raised and that change has been bad. Like has backlash against the "boys will be boys" mentality hurt boys?

when the last time he talked about the school?

*bell tolls*

whens the last time he talked about the school?

*bell tolls*

brothas and sistas when is the last time he talked about the goddamn school?!

I like making fun of Umar and all, but this dude is trying to make a career out of going at Umar. That's kinda weird.
I’d usually agree but shit as long as blood scamming he staying on his neck and keeping ppl informed

One of the issues we have his allowing these scammers to slither away because at some point we decide that we talked about them enough

Then because we don’t stay on their necks they always make a comeback and keep scamming our ppl

U know Jay Morrison is trying to launch a new fund shamelessly

We actually need more ppl doing this shit

Back