Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does KOTD have a place in battlerap?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
I hate kotd. A buncha wiggas capitalizing off battlerap.

But for some reason (money I guess) people keep going on there to do events. Is battlerap better with them as a platform or do they need to go away?

Discuss

KOTD comes from Grindtime and grindtime was the shit at one time so I say yes,plus I like some of those white rappers and they got some black MC's I like too.

Bigg K wouldn't be around half the time if not for KOTD

Also that tournament had some fire ass battles

That boy Saynt is fire

They just played themselves by not dropping the battles on Youtube and unlike Smack,they don't have another way to watch them unless they drop them,unless you saw them live.

but I'm not pressed over a KOTD event like a URL or RBE event.

KOTD comes from Grindtime and grindtime was the shit at one time so I say yes,plus I like some of those white rappers and they got some black MC's I like too.

Bigg K wouldn't be around half the time if not for KOTD

Also that tournament had some fire ass battles

That boy Saynt is fire

They just played themselves by not dropping the battles on Youtube and unlike Smack,they don't have another way to watch them unless they drop them,unless you saw them live.

but I'm not pressed over a KOTD event like a URL or RBE event.
I like this response but idk brah, it's just something about those dudes I don't like

Like they trying too hard to be accepted

And I know they saying nigga behind closed doors

Bob, do you think everything created by black people should be so easily accessible to white people?

I know what you're saying,but we can't really stop ppl from rapping or forming leagues

They just can't copy respect lol

I know what you're saying,but we can't really stop ppl from rapping or forming leagues

They just can't copy respect lol
True sand it's really a catch 22 because neither rbe or url can host EVERY battle but I like how Jon jon and geechi got leagues. The more established battlers that can do this the better. Anything to get kotd tf outta here

I like this response but idk brah, it's just something about those dudes I don't like

Like they trying too hard to be accepted

And I know they saying nigga behind closed doors

There's no doubt an anti URL/street rappers vibe that comes off as low key racist.

but I do think a lot of that is from the fans and not Organik.

I can't say that Organik has ever been caught doing anything racist and it seems like he treats the black and or street rappers very well,money wise.

Also I rock with Rone,but half or more of KOTD battles don't interest me.

True sand it's really a catch 22 because neither rbe or url can host EVERY battle but I like how Jon jon and geechi got leagues. The more established battlers that can do this the better. Anything to get kotd tf outta here
[/QUOTE

Smack be feeling a way when niggas get leagues

then we don't see them as much......

Smack be feeling a way when niggas get leagues

then we don't see them as much......
From what I gather, he is on board with both JJ and geechi as they have essentially replaced proving grounds for finding talent

I hated grindtime... and they used to be heavy on the "anti-smack rappers" talk which always came off as covertly saying anti-black without saying it.. if you didn't sound like them grindtime whiteboys they labeled you and looked down on you... i remember them times and yeah, kotd is the evolution of grindtime.

I hated grindtime... and they used to be heavy on the "anti-smack rappers" talk which always came off as covertly saying anti-black without saying it.. if you didn't sound like them grindtime whiteboys they labeled you and looked down on you... i remember them times and yeah, kotd is the evolution of grindtime.
Yeah but GT brought us classics like Ars vs Con,Con vs Illmac,and DNA vs Rone etc and JJDD,real deal,Daylyt,Diz,Real Deal,Marv,and even verb had breakout performances on GT

Back