Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does it matter if the solution for black folks doesn't come from someone who looks like you?

very interesting question...

but i do see that certain people tend to be allowed to speak while others need to prove they can be trusted.
and if alot of yall feel that we can fix our own problems.....why are we still asking for a seat at the table with people who dont want to help you.

I guess im asking where your question came from

did you see or sense some sort of disdain or resistance?

or do you just feel like we'd be all over it if he was black and making the same points?
OH my fault

just something i was thinking about b/c this is the first time i've listened to someone and it wasnt a rehash of other shit we've been told over and over again

so i was like, damn, if this dude somehow wins, and assuming he does EVERY single thing he's laid out, and this ultimately puts black people in a better space collectively, will people try to dismiss his sincerity and just chalk it up to some "people have to look like you in order to improve our situation" type shit

These conversations here to me, at least have been very interesting b/c i see a wide range of perspectives whether they are somewhere in between or on either extreme of the spectrum

I bet not have nobody question my blackness tho

@Inori lol

very interesting question...

but i do see that certain people tend to be allowed to speak while others need to prove they can be trusted.
and if alot of yall feel that we can fix our own problems.....why are we still asking for a seat at the table with people who dont want to help you.
valid points

i think at one point in history, yes, all we needed was each other, but that is no longer the case

i do not believe we can "win" solely on our own and we need to get trusted allies to help aid in our cause

Depends on who it's coming from and how it's being presented. I don't think the person offering up advice or solutions needs to look like me necessarily.. but if that information is coming from a genuine place.. I can respect and appreciate that.

Someone could be offering up great advice and solutions but if it comes off as condescending, straight up pandering and trying to tell me what they THINK I want to hear, or if I sense that they don't understand the problem they are trying to address....obviously that's not going to be received well

valid points

i think at one point in history, yes, all we needed was each other, but that is no longer the case

i do not believe we can "win" solely on our own and we need to get trusted allies to help aid in our cause
man....we have all we need within our communities.....but niggas are quick to point out ever fucking flaw with the next man and why hes not qualified to listen to or follow.

imma go ahead and be that guy.

most dudes and people in our community dont know what a good leader is because they have never had a male leader in their family.
im not talking local gang leader or whatever.....i mean good head of the household family type dude.

so if you never seen it...then you dont know what it looks like,.

this is the problem with our women and men....lack of positive male leadership outside of a church setting.

the church setting is still the men being submissive to someone else.

but anyway......if you never saw a good leader...how do you know when you see one?
all we ever saw was our leaders assassinated and/or had their character assassinated.

so thats what we do now.....tear each other down without helping prop up.

but do we have that same energy when white people come thru the building?

Yeah it does. I’d have a hard time listening to someone say “Here’s what blk people should do...” from someone who’s not black.
Right. I has to tell some racist trash that on vgcharyz of all places some years back. Talking bout black people need to be more like Asians. That was blatantly racist, but I take any none black person telling blacks what they need to do in the same light. Their views are mostly based on negative stereotypes.

thats not the conversation tho

at least not the one im trying to have

using the dude I mentioned, he's not saying what black people have to do to improve themselves, yet, he is offering things that will benefit black people both inclusively and exclusively imo
What did he suggest?

thats not the conversation tho

at least not the one im trying to have

using the dude I mentioned, he's not saying what black people have to do to improve themselves, yet, he is offering things that will benefit black people both inclusively and exclusively imo

I like the way Yang presented his ideas. I've only listened to his Breakfast Club interview so far but in that interview I didn't him say anything that would be exclusive to black people.

Also we have to stop forgetting history cause by doing that its bound to repeat itself.

If whatever bill/legislation that is put forth is not exclusively for black people we will get the least benefit from it. History has already shown us that. We can't keep ignoring that fact.

I like the way Yang presented his ideas. I've only listened to his Breakfast Club interview so far but in that interview I didn't him say anything that would be exclusive to black people.

Also we have to stop forgetting history cause by doing that its bound to repeat itself.

If whatever bill/legislation that is put forth is not exclusively for black people we will get the least benefit from it. History has already shown us that. We can't keep ignoring that fact.

While I agree with you about historically being fucked over... how can you apply that same logic to what SOME of the things Yang was proposing?

EVERY American getting a monthly stipend of 1k no questions asked..
Pardoning EVERYONE for non-violent marijuana charges...

While those are not exclusive to black folks.. that would by far help the black community the most would it not?

While I agree with you about historically being fucked over... how can you apply that same logic to what SOME of the things Yang was proposing?

EVERY American getting a monthly stipend of 1k no questions asked..
Pardoning EVERYONE for non-violent marijuana charges...

While those are not exclusive to black folks.. that would by far help the black community the most would it not?

I wasn't referring to the stipend or pardoning he spoke. I was speaking on not hearing him say anything exclusively for black people.

I don't know if that would help the black community the most.

Honestly I feel a change in mindset would help black people more than any law or politician ever could.

I wasn't referring to the stipend or pardoning he spoke. I was speaking on not hearing him say anything exclusively for black people.

I don't know if that would help the black community the most.

Honestly I feel a change in mindset would help black people more than any law or politician ever could.

So even though he specifically mentioned things that would overwhelmingly impact black people...It's still problematic that he doesn't mention things that will benefit black people ONLY?

Just tryna make sure I'm not misunderstanding your point in that regard.

I feel like it's too many black people out here trying to wake us up and offer solutions, but a lot of us are always so quick to listen to other races. Like its not legit till the white man say so. I feel like we should deal with our own, just until we all a unit. Then as a people on one accord if we want to hear what other nations have to say, then cool.

So even though he specifically mentioned things that would overwhelmingly impact black people...It's still problematic that he doesn't mention things that will benefit black people ONLY?

Just tryna make sure I'm not misunderstanding your point in that regard.

Affirmative Action was "supposed" to be exclusively for black people. Yet when they wrote it up and included others it was still supposed to overwhelmingly benefit black people. We see what happened. That is just one example

History has shown us that what is supposed to "overwhelmingly" impact black people as you say NEVER works out that way.

Call it whatever you want at the end of it all that shit ain't going to overwhelmingly impact black people. Will some of black people benefit of course but not in the way it was so called supposed to.

Affirmative Action was "supposed" to be exclusively for black people. Yet when they wrote it up and included others it was still supposed to overwhelmingly benefit black people. We see what happened. That is just one example

History has shown us that what is supposed to "overwhelmingly" impact black people as you say NEVER works out that way.

Call it whatever you want at the end of it all that shit ain't going to overwhelmingly impact black people. Will some of black people benefit of course but not in the way it was so called supposed to.

Ah ok.. which would explain why you want to see legislation written for black folks specifically.. gotcha. I've got a better understanding of where ur coming from now

I feel like it's too many black people out here trying to wake us up and offer solutions, but a lot of us are always so quick to listen to other races. Like its not legit till the white man say so. I feel like we should deal with our own, just until we all a unit. Then as a people on one accord if we want to hear what other nations have to say, then cool.
well i personally said align us with allies b/c unfortunately, there are more of them in positions to evoke change than people that look like us

I dont think we have a "its not right until massa gives approval" pov b/c most of the time, they wrong af...but THIS particular guy that has been the topic of discussion doesnt appear to be telling black people this is what you need to do to make things better

one of the things he did say was one way to help the black community is to provide them the financial resources to put back into the black community.

well i personally said align us with allies b/c unfortunately, there are more of them in positions to evoke change than people that look like us

I dont think we have a "its not right until massa gives approval" pov b/c most of the time, they wrong af...but THIS particular guy that has been the topic of discussion doesnt appear to be telling black people this is what you need to do to make things better

one of the things he did say was one way to help the black community is to provide them the financial resources to put back into the black community.
Or we can just create our own currency

you got a spare money press machine just laying around Dos?
here you go.
Niggas always implying shit.

Seriously.....
Its not illegal for a community to create their own currency.
Its called community currency.

Some have already been made and used.

Back