Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does it matter if the solution for black folks doesn't come from someone who looks like you?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
As the question asks?

Does it matter to you?

Does someone have to be black to make significant changes to your way of life?

This stems from the Andrew Yang thread I started yesterday where it appears at first glance that someone is actually answering questions as it pertains to african americans. Now, im not naive to think there will be a specific agenda for black people, but i also haven't asked for one b/c I think thats a loaded question and has multiple moving parts, BUT, if there are some real "tangible" things that black people can benefit from by and large, will it have mattered to you what they looked like?

Yes. Me and a couple friends from an old job have a chat to keep in touch. 3 of us are black and the other middle eastern. The chat always had a pro black feel and mans would be posting up vids, articles etc.

Middle eastern dude would also post the same shit but slowly ventured into posting more preachy shit. Which I ain't take kindly to at all. He still one of my best friends but I hard checked that shit. Don't tell me nothing about being black if you ain't black. Foh. I don't want or need to hear that shit from you. Stay in your lane.

Yeah it does. I’d have a hard time listening to someone say “Here’s what blk people should do...” from someone who’s not black.
thats not the conversation tho

at least not the one im trying to have

using the dude I mentioned, he's not saying what black people have to do to improve themselves, yet, he is offering things that will benefit black people both inclusively and exclusively imo

Yes. Me and a couple friends from an old job have a chat to keep in touch. 3 of us are black and the other middle eastern. The chat always had a pro black feel and mans would be posting up vids, articles etc.

Middle eastern dude would also post the same shit but slowly ventured into posting more preachy shit. Which I ain't take kindly to at all. He still one of my best friends but I hard checked that shit. Don't tell me nothing about being black if you ain't black. Foh. I don't want or need to hear that shit from you. Stay in your lane.

so is he doing what Hustle was just mentioning in his post about him telling you what black people need to be doing?

Cant take advice from someone who hasn't had similar experiences. Telling me how to feel and proceed to deal with a problem you have no firsthand experience with. Nah.

Cant take advice from someone who hasn't had similar experiences. Telling me how to feel and proceed to deal with a problem you have no firsthand experience with. Nah.
know, read my posts man lol

I really dont believe anybody can provide any "solution" for several different generations of an entire race

but I think the idea of that is naive because, more often then not, we'll all listen to or rally behind somebody because they're black....and come to find out they're true intent and interests are NO different from any other persons of another color, race, whatever

example....none of the white people now in my family have told me about anything I could or should do to "help black people", that would be crazy

BUT....I have gained plenty of extremely valuable lessons and tools from them, that I'm able to pass on to my people

NOT AT ALL saying these things cant or couldnt be learned from any black people....I just didnt/dont have those type of black folks around me and wouldnt have....so in that case it would have just been dumb on my part to ignore advice and guidance from people who werent black, just because....

I really dont believe anybody can provide any "solution" for several different generations of an entire race

but I think the idea of that is naive because, more often then not, we'll all listen to or rally behind somebody because they're black....and come to find out they're true intent and interests are NO different from any other persons of another color, race, whatever

example....none of the white people now in my family have told me about anything I could or should do to "help black people", that would be crazy

BUT....I have gained plenty of extremely valuable lessons and tools from them, that I'm able to pass on to my people

NOT AT ALL saying these things cant or couldnt be learned from any black people....I just didnt/dont have those type of black folks around me and wouldnt have....so in that case it would have just been dumb on my part to ignore advice and guidance from people who werent black, just because....

good pov, but this thread isnt about non blacks telling blacks what they should be doing lol

i might need to reword my title

@Joshie Kahn

can you help me out son?

I got what you said AP, I said that to clarify thats not what was happening

I didnt see your other thread or this interview tho

so what types of points what this guy, presumably not black, making that black folks dont wanna hear out?

so is he doing what Hustle was just mentioning in his post about him telling you what black people need to be doing?

He was posting vids from justin blu a dude I find that's constantly preachy and negative. I told him he needed to consider the source and do the research before even coming with that shit but in general I don't need my non black friends to pander to me about black issues just because I'm black. The other guys said the same and it got bad but he understood by the end of the convo and it ended positive.

thats not the conversation tho

at least not the one im trying to have

using the dude I mentioned, he's not saying what black people have to do to improve themselves, yet, he is offering things that will benefit black people both inclusively and exclusively imo

Kinda the same imo. Don't worry about me. Make the people oppressing me on your side see the light.

so what types of points what this guy, presumably not black, making that black folks dont wanna hear out?
ahhh ok

my fault brotha

well i would like for you to watch and listen with no context from me and come to your own conclusion

I was thinkin business tips, sumn along that line, yea

but culturally, like how to do my hair or sumn, nah lol

ahhh ok

my fault brotha

well i would like for you to watch and listen with no context from me and come to your own conclusion

i still got the 2nd half to go but I like this guy, and his points

maybe I havent got there yet, but im not sure I've seen or heard anything that seems likes "we'd" be opposed to it

was there some sort of wack ass "twitter backlash" or something?

i still got the 2nd half to go but I like this guy, and his points

maybe I havent got there yet, but im not sure I've seen or heard anything that seems likes "we'd" be opposed to it

was there some sort of wack ass "twitter backlash" or something?

if there has been, i havent seen it on my TL

I guess im asking where your question came from

did you see or sense some sort of disdain or resistance?

or do you just feel like we'd be all over it if he was black and making the same points?

Back