Do You Think You’re In Touch?

Sony Montana

The 11th
Mod Squad
Like as far as the world and society?

With trends and slang and music..

With the current meta of the internet and media

With how things work now in 2023…

Do you think you’re in touch with society or do you think you live in a bubble from controlling how you react to the world and everything around you and maybe you’re not even aware that you’re in a bubble?

Are you trying to have society conform to your ideals instead of adjusting and moving with the times?

Let’s talk about it

I know about some of the goofy ass trends/challenges n shit.. Alot of this new music aint for me but I fuck with some of it.

I aint tryna use the youngins lingo or do they dances lol. Im where im at but still have an awareness of whats goin on.. or at least I try.

I dont think society should conform.. I have my personal opinions and know full well that there may be others that feel differently.. im coo with that. As long as you aint tryna force your views/ideals on somebody and arent harming anyone.. do what you do

Like as far as the world and society?

With trends and slang and music..

With the current meta of the internet and media

With how things work now in 2023…

Do you think you’re in touch with society or do you think you live in a bubble from controlling how you react to the world and everything around you and maybe you’re not even aware that you’re in a bubble?

Are you trying to have society conform to your ideals instead of adjusting and moving with the times?

Let’s talk about it
Kind of

No but I'm trying to get into the newer stuff

Don't understand what you meant by the internet and media. Social media? I think the only platform I don't really use is tiktok

We're almost 3 months into 2023. What do you mean by how things work?

That's very vague. On what topics?

I think I'm more adaptable than stubborn

Kind of

No but I'm trying to get into the newer stuff

Don't understand what you meant by the internet and media. Social media? I think the only platform I don't really use is tiktok

We're almost 3 months into 2023. What do you mean by how things work?

That's very vague. On what topics?

I think I'm more adaptable than stubborn
I meant going by how society operates in today’s age do you think you’re in a bubble per se and think you’re ignorant (by design) to majority of how the world is evolving

No not at all.

I still use Facebook while everybody else is on Instagram and Twitter. I have Instagram and Twitter accounts but honestly, I don't really understand how to use them and I like Facebook better.

I'm 49, so my taste in music, Hip Hop in general, is dated. I tried to keep up circa 2013, 2014. I bought The Lox album, A Tribe Called Quest album, J Cole, Drake, Kanye, Nicki Minaj, and a few other people that were popular in that era. I sincerely do not understand what people like about Drake.

I see younger people wearing skinny jeans that are too small so their underwear is showing. And the pants don't even reach their ankles. It doesn't make sense to me.

I sincerely believe I dress better than the teenagers that I encounter every day. And then I think about being a teenager and I used to think older people dressed like, well, older people. But now that I'm older, I laugh at the way teenagers dress.

As far as slang and current events, I think this website, and Facebook help me keep in touch with slang that I would not otherwise know.

And I see threads about rappers that I don't listen to, but at least I know their names.

And I watch podcasts (VladTV, Million Dollars Worth of Game, Math Hoffa, and Drink Champs) so I'm kinda up to date.

I feel like I'm more in touch with the youth than 49 year olds were when I was a teenager.

In fact, when I was a teenager, Rap was just becoming a thing and most adults didn't fuck with Hip Hop.

in music and general everyday things in touch for the most part

I have a couple blind spots but I’m definitely not out the loop

Im in touch with how the world works. Im in touch with current events. All that, im good.

Im not in touch with trends and def not in touch with music and pop culture
This is too a tee.

Don't have tiktok. Don't have twitter. Don't have a
Apple anything. Follow 7 ppl on IG and they aint on any thing. Don't listen to the radio. Dont watch any hot tv shows outside of Abbott Elementary. I only skim sports highlights.

But I'm up on current events as it relates to the government, Healthcare, and world activities. And One Piece🤷🏿‍♂️

• Goat
Reactions: GNS
I purposely live in a bubble, ion know what’s going on in this world right now..but I’m not wit it.

People legit sit down and watch people eat at restaurants.

Legit sit and watch people turn their phones on and eat wings, while they have conversations with people at the restaurant and the phone is always aimed like it’s beneath them.

Could you imagine watching live video of kids eating lunch at the cool table while your in the courtyard. What kinda fucking loser are you?

Ion want no parts of this shit

I feel like I am too an extent.

Like I'm good with shit that makes sense to me.... But I aggressively reject the ridiculous.

I have kids, so I'm obligated kind of to understand their world. But I've deemed a large majority of it foolishness

I live in a bubble. I’m purposely ignorant to a lot of things people think I should care about but it hasn’t caused me any issues yet.

I have don’t watch the news because it’s depressing. I’m on social media so I still see a lot of stuff but don’t dive into it or hop on the trend. I’m slowly getting tired of social media. At this point I be online for the funny videos.

Tik Tok is really bringing all generations together

I think it’s gonna be harder to not be in the loop as time goes on

Back