Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Think You’re In Touch?

I really could care less whether i am or not. As long as im movng in life minding mine and not huring anyone or being hurt I'm good. I've realized most people on the internet are delusional and i don't care to follow trends.

Mostly no... I have Facebook, ig, tiktok...but I barely post...I see some of my friends and fam on there out right lying and the shit makes me sick..

Like as far as the world and society?

With trends and slang and music..

With the current meta of the internet and media

With how things work now in 2023…

Do you think you’re in touch with society or do you think you live in a bubble from controlling how you react to the world and everything around you and maybe you’re not even aware that you’re in a bubble?

Are you trying to have society conform to your ideals instead of adjusting and moving with the times?

Let’s talk about it
As far as being an older introverted millennial, I don't give a shit about following trends and keeping up w/music in general b/c a lot of it sucks. I try to keep up w/current events by watching the news a couple of days out the week and the rest of the bs in the world through the internet.

I don't think I live in a bubble but I also grew up during a time where there was no social media and the world wasn't so overly PC and sensitive about everything. I don't go out as much but I'm not gone be afraid to live life either.

I’m in touch enough wit’ “serious” shit to keep me safe out here wit’ these wildlings runnin’ around…

As far as trends and culture related shit I have my son who’s 17 and 4 nieces and nephews who are 21, 21, 19 & 18…they keep me “in tha know” lol

I’m on top of pretty much everything except music and fashion and slang. I can’t keep up. I listen to mostly 90s hip hop and rock with a Kendrick or J Cole sprinkled in here or there. I dress like Mr Rogers cardigan head ass nigga. And I just found out kids don’t say on fleek anymore 🤷🏾‍♂️

I dont give a fuck about trends

But im keenly aware about many things in the air so to speak..i dont have my headphones on...

Not bullshit and im embarrsingly aware of shit about things some fuckery that crawls across my timeline

I feel like I am too an extent.

Like I'm good with shit that makes sense to me.... But I aggressively reject the ridiculous.

I have kids, so I'm obligated kind of to understand their world. But I've deemed a large majority of it foolishness

This is pretty much where I've been for quite some time.

I used to listen to an utterly disgusting amount of mixtapes so I could stay up with new cats coming out. I stopped maybe 5 years ago and deleted damned near alladat shit 'cause 99% was trash. As such, I'm not as up on new music or artists like I once was.

I finally got on FB, found it was necessary to keep up with my family and old friends particularly during covid. While I don't use IG, Twitter, or TikTok, the fact that those sites are easily accessible via web browser without a login makes it so I can at least keep up with what's going on there should I choose to.

I've always been somewhat abreast of current events globally as I've always been an avid NPR listener and their news programming is pretty unbiased and on point (WEMU is on in the background as I type this). I also tend to watch the evening news sporadically.

Like you, @Duwop I have an understanding of my kids' world, but have also deemed the vast majority of it foolishness.

Seth Rollins gave a nigga the stomp in them red boots...

Shit was great

Personally, I'm waiting on a video to surface of some dude trying to run from the police in 'em, falling, and just tearing up everything from his knees to his pinky toe.

Back