Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you think people have to believe in God to be good humans?

No, but you do have to have some kind of code of conduct to which you submit. I don't really see how you can be a good person without any sort of morals or principles.
Pretty much

also speaking from a christian perspective...the Law and commandments are essentially a mirror to show you how much of a flawed person you really are. Nobody is perfect and everyone will miss the mark. And this is were Christ comes in with his sacrifice.

Dealing with people from this perspective has allowed me to grace others whether they are believers or not. And also guides my own behavior...I KNOW im not perfect so im not placing the expectation of perfection on others

Pretty much

also speaking from a christian perspective...the Law and commandments are essentially a mirror to show you how much of a flawed person you really are. Nobody is perfect and everyone will miss the mark. Dealing with people from this perspective has allowed me to grace others whether they are believers or not.

Yeah, I've made this point before, but the whole Old Testament is pretty much proof that simply believing in God doesn't make you a good person. The Jews were God's chosen people, and they depicted as being shitty people more often than not. I mean David was held up as a paragon throughout most of the testament, and he arguably committed one of the vilest acts in the whole Bible.

Pretty much

also speaking from a christian perspective...the Law and commandments are essentially a mirror to show you how much of a flawed person you really are. Nobody is perfect and everyone will miss the mark. And this is were Christ comes in with his sacrifice.

Dealing with people from this perspective has allowed me to grace others whether they are believers or not. And also guides my own behavior...I KNOW im not perfect so im not placing the expectation of perfection on others
this is me

God defines good because that's who He is.

A human's definition of good will never measure up to the only standard that matters, which is God.

Therefore God declares there is NO ONE WHO IS GOOD BUT HIM!

The only way to be justified in His sight on the day you stand before Him is to accept Him as your Savior before you die.

His name is Jesus Christ! Do you know Him?

God defines good because that's who He is.

A human's definition of good will never measure up to the only standard that matters, which is God.

Therefore God declares there is NO ONE WHO IS GOOD BUT HIM!

The only way to be justified in His sight on the day you stand before Him is to accept Him as your Savior before you die.

His name is Jesus Christ! Do you know Him?

Jesus christ! Who woke this guy up.

I think it's harder for a religious person to be "good" to be honest. Too much judgement, dogma, indoctrination, tradition, hypocrisy, and inner conflict to contend with.

Could you be giving god too much credit?

:oreally:
Fam..when you cut grass, you know that smell you smell? That’s the natural defense for something that doesn’t have a fucking brain. That’s a scent sent out to carnivores to lure them to come eat the herbivores that are eating the grass. Thats intelligent fucking design, man couldn’t fucking dream of creating such a thing. In times when I wanna revert to bad intentions, I fall back on the idea that god has a plan for me, and part of that plan is for me to elevate myself beyond foolishness so that when I get to where I get to, I’m well prepared.

And ima rant for a second, my grandmother told me one time , god put the same shit in front of you time after time to see if you learned yo lesson. I legit have a scenario I’m going through right now that is exactly the same as amother time where I made a choice I later regretted. And I thought after that shit. Damn if I knew then what I knew now. But now…I know what I knew then, and I’m going to make the decision I shoulda made then. That’s the grace of god.

1626818061306.gif
The grace of god, the grace of god, what can’t he do

I think that's a stupid question tbh

Animals can be "good"
The difference between humans and other animals is that we have free will

Animals, by and large simply procreate. That's their primary function. They can't be "good" because they weren't designed to be

Back