Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you still live in the neighborhood you grew up in?

Do you really think its as simple as to say “to live around white people “ or to just move to a better environment.

I can tell u firsthand wanting to live around white people NEVER crossed my mind lol. If anything i wanted to be around my peoples who were like minded.
Did you find a black neighborhood? Do y'all have a strong sense of community? Or did they look at y'all like "don't trust them new niggas over there"

Yea I also don’t live in the neighborhood I came up in here either but I grew up on the north side of the Chi

So I have no complaints bout the neighborhood
Lmao this reminds me, i just had a homie from chicago come to the house the other day. Aint seen bro in like 10 years and he literally only person i ever met from the chi.

I got caught up asking him questions about the dynamics of the area cuz im generally intrigued and then it dawned on me mid convo like ahhh this must be how ppl felt when they met someone from NYC the first time 😂😂

I was bout to ask like “soo do you see lil durk just walking around and stuff”

1691783271378.jpeg

Lmao this reminds me, i just had a homie from chicago come to the house the other day. Aint seen bro in like 10 years and he literally only person i ever met from the chi.

I got caught up asking him questions about the dynamics of the area cuz im generally intrigued and then it dawned on me mid convo like ahhh this must be how ppl felt when they met someone from NYC the first time 😂😂

I was bout to ask like “soo do you see lil durk just walking around and stuff”

View attachment 1153557
Is he from Chicago Chicago or the neighboring suburbs perpetrating a lot of ppl do that when they interacting w out of towners lol

Ask him what train or bus he grew taking

I am actually living in my childhood townhouse. My folks own it and it rent it from them. They live in another town. This neighborhood was and is a decent place. They just wanted something bigger. I moved back because it was close to a job I use to work at. I stay cause it is convient to all the places I go now. Im looking to buy my own place. My folks will sell once I leave. They are getting tired of holding on to it.

Did you find a black neighborhood? Do y'all have a strong sense of community? Or did they look at y'all like "don't trust them new niggas over there"
Fortunately/ unfortunately there really wasnt a “black neighborhood” to find but at the time my only real criteria was no HOA so i was fortunate to find a nice spot in a diverse older neighborhood that DOES have a nice amount of black families who care about their homes upkeep.

“Strong sense of community” is lacking but i think thats because there’s nothing to really bring us all together but at the same time everyone is doing their own thing and minding business just how i love lol.

I mean i just had a bday party for my wife and had tent set up in front yard and music playing till 2am and no issues. I enjoy keeping to myself but with a daughter now, i do plan to host some sort of events in future like a block party or something to get the neighbors to mix and mingle more.

Is he from Chicago Chicago or the neighboring suburbs perpetrating a lot of ppl do that when they interacting w out of towners lol

Ask him what train or bus he grew taking
Lol i wouldnt be able to tell but i think he said south side but we was getting lit so i cant remember. Like i said i realized i was asking way too many chi questions (in my mind) and pulled back lol. He did get into the whole cubs vs white sox hat shit yall be on tho.

He was loving the freestyles on my platform and puttin me on to some cats in the chi so who knows i may venture out there sometime lol

I am actually living in my childhood townhouse. My folks own it and it rent it from them. They live in another town. This neighborhood was and is a decent place. They just wanted something bigger. I moved back because it was close to a job I use to work at. I stay cause it is convient to all the places I go now. Im looking to buy my own place. My folks will sell once I leave. They are getting tired of holding on to it.
Why dont you just buy it?

Lol i wouldnt be able to tell but i think he said south side but we was getting lit so i cant remember. Like i said i realized i was asking way too many chi questions (in my mind) and pulled back lol. He did get into the whole cubs vs white sox hat shit yall be on tho.

He was loving the freestyles on my platform and puttin me on to some cats in the chi so who knows i may venture out there sometime lol
lol I would say check in but I m washed and barely be going outside anymore

But yea The Cubs are on the north side the Sox on the South Side

Allegiances are usually split on where you are from on this subject Westsiders usually align w the Sox

The one in Norfolk no the one in Hampton yes. Would raise my kid out here but the neighborhood her mom stays in is a little bit newer

Yes and no.

The one I lived in until I was 8yrs old, I still own it...........but don't live there anymore.

However, I am still living in the same house we moved into when I was 8yrs old.

The hood I grew up in from like kindergarten to freshman year of high school is torn down. It’s a park now. The house my mom bought not too long ago my sister lives in now but it’s gonna get sold at some point.

Last edited:
The hood I grew up in from like kindergarten to freshman year of high school is torn down. It’s a park now.
A park? Damn.. I always wonder where they think the ppl will go once they’ve torn down hoods.

One thing i noticed in charlotte is you really cant escape gentrification. Everywhere u look theres new construction.

Niggas moving to the south thinkin its the same come up like in the early 2000s be in for a rude awakening.

A park? Damn.. I always wonder where they think the ppl will go once they’ve torn down hoods.

One thing i noticed in charlotte is you really cant escape gentrification. Everywhere u look theres new construction.

Niggas moving to the south thinkin its the same come up like in the early 2000s be in for a rude awakening.
They get relocated to other neighborhoods lol a lot of the projects ppl here got vouchers to relocate when the demolition came through and they took their bs to other neighborhoods runing the quality of life of those neighborhoods

The hood used to be military housing back in the 50s-60s (southern Maryland) but once they got up outta there it became low income housing. Used to call the hood “Flat Tops” cuz of the roofs. Them houses were beat the fuck up for the most part tho. Streets tore up. Had a lot of great and bad memories there. After the house got raided cuz my cousin who lived with us sold to an undercover cop my mom finally said fuck it and left. The neighborhood was gone completely a couple years later.

Hell no.

it’s plenty of black great neighborhoods.

I don’t want to live in a poor, ignorant, violent environment.

Why the fuck would I want to put my kids through that kind of shit just because it’s a black neighborhood.

Where you chose to raise your kids have a huge impact on them. It’s the biggest factor outside of the parents.

Hell no.

it’s plenty of black great neighborhoods.

I don’t want to live in a poor, ignorant, violent environment.

Why the fuck would I want to put my kids through that kind of shit just because it’s a black neighborhood.

Where you chose to raise your kids have a huge impact on them.
I fuck with Nola but I can't imagine trying to raise kids there in today's climate

That's why I just go to eat, drink and kick it then drive back to BR

Back