Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you still live in the neighborhood you grew up in?

No....my neighborhood was not a good place to live
You think if more stayed in the neighborhoods we grew up in and brought resources back to help facilitate growth then could things as a community improve? Or is it fuck it, i gotta get mines?

I've made this point several times though.

Niggaz be so pressed to get away from niggaz to go live around white people, then constantly running into bullshit that comes with living around white people.

Everyone in the neighborhood strangers. No one looking out for each other. Everybody minding their business, no sense of community. Can't knock on a neighbor's door to borrow a couple of eggs in the morning.

Getting the cops called on them for cook outs and dumb shit like that.

Every issues y

Lmao i totally missed the Africa reference. Thought u was talking bout a chicago lol.
Yea I also don’t live in the neighborhood I came up in here either but I grew up on the north side of the Chi

So I have no complaints bout the neighborhood

I've made this point several times though.

Niggaz be so pressed to get away from niggaz to go live around white people, then constantly running into bullshit that comes with living around white people.

Everyone in the neighborhood strangers. No one looking out for each other. Everybody minding their business, no sense of community. Can't knock on a neighbor's door to borrow a couple of eggs in the morning.

Getting the cops called on them for cook outs and dumb shit like that.

Every issues y
Do you really think its as simple as to say “to live around white people “ or to just move to a better environment.

I can tell u firsthand wanting to live around white people NEVER crossed my mind lol. If anything i wanted to be around my peoples who were like minded.

You think if more stayed in the neighborhoods we grew up in and brought resources back to help facilitate growth then could things as a community improve? Or is it fuck it, i gotta get mines?
no.....the shit is set up to be forever toxic

too many black people refuse to believe that shitty neighborhoods aren't built that way on purpose

plus add in our collective culture, a toxic neighborhood just magnifies the BS

Do you really think its as simple as to say “to live around white people “ or to just move to a better environment.

I can tell u firsthand wanting to live around white people NEVER crossed my mind lol. If anything i wanted to be around my peoples who were like minded.
It might be just a personal observation... But every nice home any of my peers got, they always have white neighbors

But I 100% guarantee of several generations of a black families inherited and passed down their homes thru their families... Those communities would inherently become stronger as a collective..
You know, this is a very debatable topic cuz as much as i would hope this was true, many people especially in the south inherited homes just to sell em off cuz they didnt give a fuck about community and more about the money.

But I 100% guarantee of several generations of a black families inherited and passed down their homes thru their families... Those communities would inherently become stronger as a collective..
I

In my line of work I’ve seen so many black ppl inherit massive real estate in traditionally black neighborhoods and fuck it off cuz there is no financial literacy

Then those houses are sold for Pennie’s on the dollar to the others and u know the rest

Back