Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you say anything or keep it to yourself?

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
I asked this in another thread, but in life, we all know that one homeboy or homegirl who has questionable characteristics. It doesn't necessarily make them bad people, however, you are very cognizant of these characteristics and know how to deal with them in certain situations.

What if they with want you to hook them up with someone or someone you know, wants you to hook them up with your friend. Do you be like "yea, I got you" or do you lie or something similar and be like "I think they got a bf/gf". Or are you just blunt with them and tell them why you not gone hook em up

I'm conflicted on this

I've set up a friend before and it initially ended terribly but I think they now are at least amicable because they have a child but when it was at its peak, it was horrible and I got blamed for shit

Then I've done it the other way when I'll just let them meet and if they hit it off that's on them. I've always liked at this approach as the disclaimer use at your own risk

Last edited:
I was at a wedding with one of my girls once, n she had a cute cousin I had a pleasant conversation with. His brother came about n was all "my brother is single you know" n tryna sell him to me. then she got off the dance floor n sat back next to me to warn me of all the reasons why he aint shit. One of the many examples of why she's like my sis lmao. She warned me bout her own blood! I appreciated that.
I'm conflicted on this

I've set up a friend before and it initially ended terribly but I think they now are at least amicable negate they have a child but when it was at its peak, it was horrible and I got blamed for shit

Then I've done it the other way when I'll just let them meet and if they hit it off that's on them. I've always liked at this approach as the disclaimer use at your own risk
were the reasons for their incompatibility known to you prior to setting them up? was it avoidable?

I was at a wedding with one of my girls once, n she had a cute cousin I had a pleasant conversation with. His brother came about n was all "my brother is single you know" n tryna sell him to me. then she got off the dance floor n sat back next to me to warn me of all the reasons why he aint shit. One of the many examples of why she's like my sis lmao. She warned me bout her own blood! I appreciated that.

were the reasons for their incompatibility known to you prior to setting them up? was it avoidable?
I've done this as well but some people need to touch the stove to believe it's hot

Reactions: Az
I've done this as well but some people need to touch the stove to believe it's hot
Yup. Seen this too. They were informed n they still made whatever decision they were gonna make, that's on them.

The friend I mentioned in the wedding story, back when we were in HS she dated a guy I warned her about. he'd cheated on his girlfriend of 2 yrs repeatedly. even hit on me @ some point. she still dated his ass n what do ya know, he cheated. she admits that it was a choice she had to make for herself tho. u did ur part as a friend.

Man this gives me another thread topic as this shit is bringing up old memories I've tried to suppress

Man this gives me another thread topic as this shit is bringing up old memories I've tried to suppress
word. I had another friend who was dating a guy who volunteered with me. He had a reputation of trying it with EVERY chick prior to them being together but I guess she thought he'd change when in a relationship. But he didn't stop, he just switched it up around her. I told her when it happened while they were together n she dismissed it as a misunderstanding or harmless flirtation and stayed with him.

within a few weeks, she had left him but only after he'd spent the night @ the house of a known promiscuous chick. When she was venting to me about it, I asked her why she didn't listen to me and she said " it's different when I had undeniable proof". She needed him to have a one night stand before she accepted the obvious. They weren't even together for years, just a couple months or some shit. I was disappointed.

very real question.

word. I had another friend who was dating a guy who volunteered with me. He had a reputation of trying it with EVERY chick prior to them being together but I guess she thought he'd change when in a relationship. But he didn't stop, he just switched it up around her. I told her when it happened while they were together n she dismissed it as a misunderstanding or harmless flirtation and stayed with him.

within a few weeks, she had left him but only after he'd spent the night @ the house of a known promiscuous chick. When she was venting to me about it, I asked her why she didn't listen to me and she said " it's different when I had undeniable proof". She needed him to have a one night stand before she accepted the obvious. They weren't even together for years, just a couple months or some shit. I was disappointed.

Some women are so desparate for a man they won't hear you. It is sad.

I've done it. Hooked them up, but what they do and how it turns out is their bidness

nice idea but lawd. improving their life @ the unassuming party's expense? don't get shot fam

Yeah my peoples aren't crazy. So I'm not worried about that. Lol

Last edited:
Brutally honesty is always the best route to go.

I'd rather lose a friend over the truth than gain one because of a lie. - no, i wouldn't hook them up.

Why wouldn't u hook them up cuz you don't like something? That's not really for u to decide. If the girl likes ur nigga she likes him, u shouldn't step in and say "i dont think ur right for her" , that's called cock blocking nigga :uk:

Back