Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Listen To Foreign Rap?

I fux with u on that
im just saying...i see alot of people looking and celebrating our culture and i do see that people a pissed at how we shit on them.

trust me....at least once a month i get into it with someone over black american culture.

they have valid points but also bs points.

at some point we all need to have that conversation

just saying...i see alot of people looking and celebrating our culture and i do see that people a pissed at how we shit on them.
Rightfully so
I always here this african vs african american shite yet u yourself say how africans emulate african americans.
Maybe 2 things can be true and leople need to stop focusing on the negative and build together.

If 5 africans say they fuck with yankees and 5 say they don't I guarantee you the story will be "These Africans love to shit on African-Americans"

Propaganda is too easily accepted by certain folks

Rightfully so
I always here this african vs african american shite yet u yourself say how africans emulate african americans.
Maybe 2 things can be true and leople need to stop focusing on the negative and build together.

If 5 africans say they fuck with yankees and 5 say they don't I guarantee you the story will be "These Africans love to shit on African-Americans"

Propaganda is too easily accepted by certain folks
and we need to control our own image.

a chick from Nigeria showed me there house ....shit was lit
another Nigerian chick was ready to fight me over how they show african children on tv....like i did it or something. it was a crazy convo. but then she went on to say americans are lazy and have the opportunities people kill and die for and yadda yadda.

i see both sides.

Reactions: GNS
i was just on Facebook and somebody mentioned the Australian Hip Hop scene. Accordingly the person said that The Message and Planet Rock were the first two songs to really blow up in Australia, but they came in 83/84, about a year to 18 months after they were released in America.

Then he said that in the early-mid 80s Australian rappers tried to rap with American accents until the late 80s when Australian rappers started developing their own styles.

Personally I've never heard an Australian rapper and can't name one.

I know that American rappers tour the globe. American Rappers (KRS, LL Cool J, Nas, Jay Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Drake, J Cole, etc.) can pretty much go to any continent and perform sold out shows while rapping in English.

But I'm wondering, are there any foreign MCs that could tour America?

I'm sure there's some sort of underground network in every country where you could come to America and rap in front of an audience of 50 people, but I mean real legitimate rappers from another country.

Drake is the only foreign rapper I can think of that can do shows in America.

When I think Australian Rappers, the only one who comes to mind is Remi Kolowale

As far as Foreign Hip-Hop, I've always been open-minded musically. The UK Grime scene is most definitely the one Foreign Hip-Hop scene that I'm immersed in. In my opinion, Canada has the WEAKEST Hip-Hop scene around, from Chococlair to Buck 65. Very few Rappers from there capture my attention, but one that stands out to me is Keita Juma:

• Goat
Reactions: GNS
Oh yeah and Roots Manuva

NOW We're talking! One of my favorites is from the "Dub Come Save Me" Remix Album, that jawnt with Chali 2na "Revolution 5":

not really

I like a few tracks with Giggs

This is my favorite Giggs track. Dude's flow was HELLA CRAZY on this Beat:

stormy just got disrespected and didnt respond to this lyrical uk dude......but stormy did pull up to his crib

Stormzy is WACK to me. That "Shotta" song where he said "Back-up Dancer" 5 fuckin' times in 5 fuckin' lines was enuff for me to count his corny-ass out.

That's right, I said it. Pull up to my crib, Nigga.

:sup:

Lol no they don't
Don't get me wrong most of them love american rappers
But there's british rappers out there that actively shit on america and it's rappers because they see all the disrespect y'all got for them and their accents and struggle

You're always on about all black people looking up to african americans as some leaders instead of looking at it as the diaspora having love for each other.

Cut it out.

The bolded is true. Wiley said in an Interview a few Years back that the problem Amerikkkan Hip-Hop fans have with UK MCs is that they can't get past their Accents. Chalk it up to a Generational Gap. Most of us OGs on here came up in an era in Hip-Hop where we were more open-minded about the genre, hence Foreign Rappers like Slick Rick and Monie Love getting lots of Props and Respect from us. Also, Guru's "Jazzamatazz" project had French Rapper MC Solaar on that BYTCH. I've noticed alot of French Hip-Hop has a strong Jazz foundation to the beats, i.e. DJ Cam:

Last edited:
Classic joint...

Over Black Rob's 'Woah' beat...

'Only 14 and Im stickin up big men,
Strike more times in the day then Big Ben
In West End, lashin the tourist for a quick spend'

He's back out, goes to his yard and then the crack house
Knocks on the door of the flats and pulls the gat out
Shot the dealer in his chest, blew the brudas back out
Said that, 'I'm the big dog now' and chased the cats out'

'So now Little Man, we see that look in your eyes
Now that your beaten and defeated, institutionalised'

'They popped shots at Akons van in - London
Ice T and Ja Rule got yammed in - London'

Last edited:
Lol no they don't
Don't get me wrong most of them love american rappers
But there's british rappers out there that actively shit on america and it's rappers because they see all the disrespect y'all got for them and their accents and struggle

You're always on about all black people looking up to african americans as some leaders instead of looking at it as the diaspora having love for each other.

Cut it out.

I agree with this. That is pure American arrogance. We really gotta stop acting like we have the worst struggle when we live in a first world country.

I fuck wit some uk artists . Their style is basically toronto with the slang and shit

Back