Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Listen To Foreign Rap?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
i was just on Facebook and somebody mentioned the Australian Hip Hop scene. Accordingly the person said that The Message and Planet Rock were the first two songs to really blow up in Australia, but they came in 83/84, about a year to 18 months after they were released in America.

Then he said that in the early-mid 80s Australian rappers tried to rap with American accents until the late 80s when Australian rappers started developing their own styles.

Personally I've never heard an Australian rapper and can't name one.

I know that American rappers tour the globe. American Rappers (KRS, LL Cool J, Nas, Jay Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Drake, J Cole, etc.) can pretty much go to any continent and perform sold out shows while rapping in English.

But I'm wondering, are there any foreign MCs that could tour America?

I'm sure there's some sort of underground network in every country where you could come to America and rap in front of an audience of 50 people, but I mean real legitimate rappers from another country.

Drake is the only foreign rapper I can think of that can do shows in America.

Yea. Karim Benzema from Real Madrid be playing some dope French rap.

Last edited:
i keep telling yall....you have no idea the influence black america has on this world. like real talk......black americans have a certain privilege other black people dont besides black people from the UK.

I used to mess with this jam from South Africa. Don't remember how I came across it...

And I used to play this French group IAM back in the day cause this French girl I was hooking up with gave me the CD. They were like a French Wutang knockoff. I had no clue what they were saying but the beats were aiight.

Back